This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Punkbuster/G15 Problem?

Ok first off I searched and didn't find much more than a bunch of threads dealing with the MD5 thing since I can't search "G15". For those that are not aware, I am trying to make my long awaited comeback into PR and I'm having a bit of trouble. After trying for quite a while to get on the server since I am not a SM, I finally get on and get in a squad, then spawn and immediately get kicked by Punkbuster for a driver error number 119502.

I dig around a bit and find that this is something somewhat new with PB and it is designed to give sever admins the ability to not allow certain macro programs and keybinds. Naturally since I am running a Logitech G15 keyboard, there is the ability to create macros though I have never seen any reason or advantage to run them in the games I normally play. I also run a Logitech G7 mouse that has programmable buttons so I guess you could call them keybinds also. Is this no longer allowed on the TG server? I ran them in PR 6 months or so ago with no problems with the exact same setup and no problems. I can't seem to find any solution on the net other than a few smart***ed remarks about not "running cheats". Is the G15 considered a cheat now? Is there a way around this or am I going to have to toss out my $80 keyboard that I love to play PR on the TG server? Has anyone else had this problem and found a way around it?

Re: Punkbuster/G15 Problem?

not having a G15 or G7 myself i cant give you a soloution, however i have heard about this before. Is there a way to save your macros to load them at another time? Can you disable the macros before a game of pr and then re-enable them after? if you cant find a soloution maybe buy a cheap ass usb mouse and keyboard and use them for pr. Tbh im just throwing down ideas that come to the top of my head in the hope that they may be of some use to you.

Comment

I have a G15 and am able to play without disabling any of the G15 software. I also have a G5 mouse with the extra buttons/functions.

EDIT:
      Do you by any chance use the BF2 hit fixer? I've read in numerous places that it causes problems.

Comment

Thanks for the tips guys but I don't use any macros, keybind cheats, mods or anything other than BF2 and PR. The closest thing I come to using any of the sort is the programmed keys on my mouse to PTT and switch channels on TS. I don't program any of the keys on the G15 and probably couldn't create a macro if I tried. I really just use it for the LCD for TS. This is the same setup I ran before with no issues but suddenly I have this driver error that PB says is because I have macro software installed. Let me dump all the G15 software and reinstall it and then try again if I can ever get an open slot on the server. I read on another forum that uninstalling the G15 keyboard software doesn't help but I'll try it anyway since I can't think of anything else. If anyone else has any ideas, I'd very much appreciate them.

Comment

El

Wassup..

I heard you were making a comeback!!

One of the other 10th guys was having this issue of late..
          Im not sure if he resolved it.. Im sure he will see the post and get back to you..

Im running the same gear you are and have had no issues whatsoever
          Hope you get this figured out soon..

Comment

using any overlay or widescreen fixer?

Also, line packet loss can cause a lot of PB errors.

Comment

What's up, Poncho?

Well oddly enough uninstalling the software for the G15 and G7 and re-installing them worked. I just got done playing a round on the TG server so I guess I'm good to go. I don't know what the problem was except for maybe a bad copy on a file since I just installed a new mobo, RAM and graphics card and did a fresh install of XP and everything. Who knows? It's working now, so I'm happy. Thanks for the help guys.

Comment

El - I'm so glad you're coming back!

Since this problem is resolved I'm going to lock the thread.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X