Project Reality

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Reality

after seeing TF21 post about the corrent version of PR i was wandering what is the general opinion about where PR is heading..

do you want it more like ARAMA or OPERATION FLASHPOINT simulation kind of gameplay or what i feel is a more balanced gameplay between 'reality' and arcady war..

i for one, like the corrent version and the kind of gameplay we have now, grantly there are things to improve,but i would'nt want it to go in a hardcore simulation kind of way.

what do youy think?

dont mind my poor english ; )

Re: Project Reality

Ditto. Though I miss some of the old 'nilla maps that got taken away, PR took them to another level in my opinion. In future releases PR will get all the community mods being made thrown in, as well as new maps, assets etc.

PR can only get better :)

Comment

I Like PR the way it is but still believe in tweaking it to create more realism. However, there will never be a video game thats truely represents reality. The same things that are valued in real life are often secondarly things in video game world so matter what you do. You cant possibly simulate the decisions made that human lives depend on, making players value their in game life with the same regard.
      Last edited by Doro9; 02-22-2009, 05:06 PM.

Comment

It would be awesome if PR had COD4 graphics and playability, eg the way you can run up and slash'em ..

Comment

pahahahaa...crew you're hilarious.

Comment

I enjoy PR..

I own ArmA and guess what..
            I dont play it..

I dont think that there will be any "Off the Shelf" games that will satasfy me the way PR does....
            But then again, I might get proven wrong..
            Ive seen the trailers for Operation Flashpoint 2 and I dont see it as a game that I would gravitate towards..
            I dont like AI, I have no interest in running NPC's and I dont think that the playerbase of an "Off the Shelf" game would be as fun to play with... People that play PR didnt pick it up at Best Buy, they went looking for something better and found PR.

Comment

ArmA was a lot of fun for a while. I stopped playing PR when they first came out with firebases, etc. and switched over to ArmA for a long time.

The really fun games were the 80+ ShackTac battles... such great work. I have never had a TG game like that. If TG gets 9.9/10 on the teamwork and gameplay scale, the ShackTac battles got a perfect 10/10 on my charts.

That said, I'm *NOT* holding my hopes up for Arma 2 of OFP 2. The original Arma had some severe issues and I doubt they will fix even most of them. We'll see. ;)
              TG5th USARMY||JeonJiHyeon

Comment

If I wanted to play ArmA I'd be playing ArmA.

I gotta say I have a lot more fun playing PR then I had playing ArmA. I could also say that I've never experienced teamplay PR level on any other games I've played, ArmA included.

What I think is PR is more than a mod, it's pretty much a game itself. Were not for the ****ty engine EA provided, it could be A LOT better but I think the DEVs made a hell of a job and are still doing it.

It's true the game has changed a lot in the last patch, it started heading to a new direction. I do like the overall changes, at the same time I dislike some of them. For instance, I like the new way logistics trucks work at the same time I don't like the idea of needing a couple of willing people to drive a truck all round long.

Like I've said before, I do trust the DEVs ability to make the mod as fun and balanced as it can be. I'm sure .9 will change the game even more and add even more stuff to it as well. So I'll just keep playing and getting used to the changes.
                |TG-69th|Kevlar

"Oh I know I don't think I see what I see what I'm thinking."

Comment

Originally posted by llPANCHOll View Post
                  I enjoy PR..

I own ArmA and guess what..
                  I dont play it..

I dont think that there will be any "Off the Shelf" games that will satasfy me the way PR does....
                  But then again, I might get proven wrong..
                  Ive seen the trailers for Operation Flashpoint 2 and I dont see it as a game that I would gravitate towards..
                  I dont like AI, I have no interest in running NPC's and I dont think that the playerbase of an "Off the Shelf" game would be as fun to play with... People that play PR didnt pick it up at Best Buy, they went looking for something better and found PR.

Solution: play online so you dont have to control that AI, and use the amazing ACE mod. Then the game wont be "off the shelf" anymore.

Anyway, I don't really think Arma and PR can be compared, because they are so different in terms of freedom and versatility.
                  Last edited by sparks50; 02-23-2009, 07:55 AM.

Playername Sparks444 in BF2

Comment

it is true ARMA and PR are two completely different games..........just like how BF2 and 2142 are completely different.

In some cases arma and PR share similar things but the game play is different and really can't be compared.

Yes they are both FPS that are set in the present setting but, ARMA is a lot more complex, a lot more...........and ARMA isn't a MOD, so right then and there, there is a difference......plus ARMA has day/night transition, rain/sunlight/fog and is loosely based on a nice carribean island gone bad (also iraqi towns etc) and could take you more than a day or 2 to walk end to end....
                    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                    Level I HazMat Technician
                    NYS EMT-B
                    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

PR is the arcade version of ArmA.

I played the original OFP when it came out in 2001, and they really haven't come out with anything like it since. ArmA is just a newer version, but not too many improvements that I noticed in my short time playing it. (I played the hell out of OFP, though.)

Having googled OFP2 quite a bit, if they release it when they say they will (Summer of 2009), I will probably reformat my computer and just install that one game. I've been waiting for something like 8 years for this game, and I intend to give it its due.

PR rocks, but I suppose that's in part due because of the people that play it. Vanilla BF2 is fun also, unless you have a bunch of adolescents running around spoiling everything. The learning curve is so steep in PR that you keep the riff-raff out and all the serious gamers in. You're bound to have good games with guys like us pulling the triggers.

Comment

Hi,

I'm Me.MattMannn
                        From the Man Evolved Clan

I have only been playing this mod for about a week, but have gotten pretty good at it after a few days of getting used to it.

My clan is a serious gamer FPS clan with only the most honorable of values towards online gaming.
                        After just my first day of playing in your server it says I was kicked for some reason.
                        I want you'all to know that I'm an experienced clan member of 4 years with Me. and
                        have gotten much better with this mod.
                        have lead many squads to best squad in just a week, so I don't know if you just saw me playing my first day or what, but would like to be taken off the blacklist, and I am getting more of my squad members interested in playing this mod as they did not know about it until I started playing it.

Hope to see you guys soon.

Me.MattMannn

Comment

Originally posted by Me.Mattmannn View Post
                          After just my first day of playing in your server it says I was kicked for some reason.
                          I don't know if you just saw me playing my first day or what, but would like to be taken off the blacklist, and I am getting more of my squad members interested in playing this mod as they did not know about it until I started playing it.

Me.MattMannn
                          Matt,

This is the wrong thread/forum to ask about this, take a look around the forums and PM an admin here:
                          http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...dmin-read.html
                          Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                          Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                          Level I HazMat Technician
                          NYS EMT-B
                          Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                          RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                          Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                          Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                          We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

The pendulum between pure reality and an arcade shooter that is PR has been swinging back and forth every release. I remember .5 being more on the arcade side with guns being acurate and death being quick but the whole game was still relatively easy to learn. In the next round of updates that pendulum swung back toward realism with the introduction of kit limitations and vehicle changes the required some training. The .8 release hit the far end of the realism side imo. The learning curve was very steep and the accuracy on the rifles was unforgiving. Squad tactics and engaging in force was a must if victory was to be achieved. In the latest release, .85, it seems that the developers have begun to swing the pendulum back toward a more arcade approach to PR. I get the sense that for the remainder of the life of this mod there is going to be a constant struggle to maintain realism but keep the game playable and fun, aka not a simulation like ARMA.

@Me.MattMann
                            You probably got kicked for a supporting member. Im sure it was nothing personal or anything that you did wrong we simply have a supporting member script which kicks the person who has been playing the longest when a supporting member joins a full server. Take a look at some of the sticky posts on the main TG PR page and here:http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...uncements.html

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X