Looking for a recommendation in regards to writing up some ribbons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a recommendation in regards to writing up some ribbons

Admins please feel free to respond and any members/players as well.

Most if not all of you have heard me talk about how I have PR ribbon nominations to write up, in fact you probably have heard me talk about this for months, the amount of nominations i have yet to write up is almost as long as the amount of people listed in the Ponzi Madoff Scheme list that has recently become available for the public to read (That is a joke, and only about 1/3 of you probably will get it and less will actually chuckle). As I am going through my notes and about to start to write up some of this noms, I have a few questions for clarification and or recommendation for an additional category of sorts.

What category would the Sapper kit fall under? It is available when playing as a Insurgent (non-Taliban). If the player used Mines and IED's correctly would this still fall under Engineer? Or Support? Or Spec Ops? When submitting a nomination can i do a mix of engineer and support? or only one ribbon?

Also What category would the Combat Engineer fall under? It is available in the newly released .85 and comes with the option of being able to build fire bases/bunkers if you are in fact in a 2 man logistic squad. Would this be Squad leader, support, engineer? It basically falls in my mind and how it was used as all three of those, but I was unsure as how to proceed.

I know the ribbons system is going through an extensive overhaul as we speak, but I was very curious if there had been any talk in adding an Insurgent ribbon category for certain kits or any talk about adding a combat engineer ribbon, or attack helo ribbon, etc.

All Suggestions and even constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated.
    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    NYS EMT-B
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Re: Looking for a recommendation in regards to writing up some ribbons

Randy/Bob

I think that the Sapper and Combat engineer fall into the Spec Ops realm, because it seems as though their primary missions are the same: stealth and destruction.

It takes a great deal of patience and determination, plus some good strategic planning, to place an IED or C4 where it can be used with effect. Hiding and waiting, making sure you avoid contact so you can live long enough to detonate, these are not easy to do in a sometimes fast-paced game such as PR.

Actually, the engineer ribbon is probably not really relevant in PR any more because of the changes made to the game.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Don't forget Randy, it's what the player does and not their kit that describes what they've done to warrant a nomination. You can have a squad full of guys with crewmen kits, but if they somehow demonstrate amazing sabotage and stealth kills behind enemy lines the spec ops kit would be appropriate :).

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

I also realize the assault ribbon could be used in one of these cases as well, I was just curious as to how to nominate the person for the right ribbon in those 2 examples and not to come out from left field with a spec ops nomination for a iraqi insurgent using a sapper kit.
        Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
        Level II Volunteer FireFighter
        Level I HazMat Technician
        NYS EMT-B
        Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
        RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
        Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
        Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
        We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Engineer Ribbon could easily be converted into Logistics for PR.

Some guy in a logi truck saved your butt twice? Eternally grateful to him? Great. Give him an Engy ribbon. :)

Wish I bothered to write down that guy's name..

Comment

Originally posted by Startrekern View Post
            Engineer Ribbon could easily be converted into Logistics for PR.

Some guy in a logi truck saved your butt twice? Eternally grateful to him? Great. Give him an Engy ribbon. :)

Wish I bothered to write down that guy's name..

Come to think of it the engineer ribbon would be a logical ribbon to give for a logistics roll. The Truck they drive does drop repairs stations that fix bridges and vehicles. They also drop crates that are needed to build Fire bases and emplacements. Sounds like an engineer driving a truck to me. Logistics done well can save the day and improve the pace at which the team advances. That deserves a ribbon in my books weather it be an engineer ribbon or a new one that is made up just for logistics.

If you did make a ribbon just for logistics it would make the role more visible and give it some legitimacy.

Just my thoughts take it or leave it.

A good leader requires both character and strategy. If he is to be without one, let it be strategy. - General Rick Hilliar, Former Canadian Chief of Defence

Comment

Personally, I really like the ides of an Insurgent ribbon. Given out for general and exceptional aptitude at playing the Insurgent role properly.

Makes sense to me, since Insurgency is so difficult to play versus a modern army. You have to have even more tactical skills as one, at least I think.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X