Ribbons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ribbons

Please congratulate your fellow TG players on their achievements! Also, please remember it only takes a few minutes to nominate one of your teammates for a ribbon (see the link in my signature). Keep those nominations coming in.

Distinguished Volunteer(class1)

WHO: Portable.Cougar

WHAT: Distinguished Volunteer

WHY: I would like to nominate cougar for the Distinguished Volunteer ribbon because of his work as an admin in the PR section of TG and also for his behavior in game. He is willing to help people out on teamspeak and if they have a problem with the game or a player on the server. If there is something like a player needed in a coordination channel he moves them around and makes sure everyone is where they are needed. This is even if he is in game or doing something else he takes the time to help out when someone asks.

In game he is playing for the team sometimes abandoning what his squad was doing to help out another squad that needs help. He puts the teams well being above what he wants as a player and tries to help the team the best way possible. If he joins a game and there is a lack of squadleaders or the team is missing something he will do what is needed for the team.

In closing I think that he represent many of the things that TG is about and I would like him to get the recognition that he deserves for taking his part in keeping our community running.

--------------------------------------------

Valorous Unit(class1)

Who?
    TG Forum name: TMAN, N0vize[GER], hugerockstar, 51st (creamcakeclarky), |TG| denisbravenec, StealthBanana

What?
    Valorous Unit Citation

Where?
    Ramiel, February 7, 2009

How?

One of the best squads I have lead in a long time.

We started the map trying out Crawlingeye’s team strategy of having 3 squads tied together for cache clearing on Ramiel. Crawlingeye lead a convoy of 4 Hummers and a command truck – we were the trail Hummer doing rear security. Everything was great until the convoy command truck got stuck in a hole and the plan fell apart.

Our squad broke away in our 1 Hummer and went for a cache. We took it out, mounted up and moved for the second one. On the way, we picked up a chopper pilot that pre-positioned crates for us to build. Once there, we built and moved on cache 2. This was repeated a second time for another cache. In all, our squad took out 4 caches on the map.

Along the way, we managed to kill 23 insurgents and a slew of vehicles, the number of which I cannot remember – likely about 9 technicals. The squad cohesion and patience was excellent throughout the movements that took us across the map, back again and back again.

Through the 2 hours of play, we managed to keep the Hummer alive almost the entire time. It was practically amazing that the original Hummer survived for over 1.45 hours of game play, most of which was in combat. I credit that to the squad’s ability to stay together, be cohesive and understand that meaning of team play and mutual support.

Overall, the squad scored 10920 points with a positive kill to death ratio (see attached). I understand points are not everything, but in a hunt-and-kill scenario like Ramiel, caches, forward bases that help the team and movement are more important than kills. This is another focus of this recommendation – the squad focused on what was best for the team at all times, not getting caught up in fire fights that would not lead to victory.
    |TG-X|cola88

|
    |

Re: Ribbons

Congrats and well done!

Please remember to nominate your team mates for their actions on and off the battlefield. There are a lot of excellent players on our server and people who contribute a lot to the community. Make sure they know that their efforts are appreciated.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Congrats guys!

Glad to see some individual squad ribbons handed out, great job working as an entire squad and having the result be both positive and rewarding! Excellent work!
      Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
      Level II Volunteer FireFighter
      Level I HazMat Technician
      NYS EMT-B
      Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
      RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
      Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
      Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
      We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Grats guys!
        ArPeeGee

Comment

Great Work. Well deserved.
          |TG-X| mp40x

Register for the Forums! | Get on Teamspeak! | Play Squad! | Join Discord! | Support Tactical Gamer!

Comment

Hurray!

| |

Comment

BZ gentlemen, BZ.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

Good job folks !

|

Comment

Gratz guys
                  |TG-31st| WarPig1292

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Congrats
                      sigpic
                      I'm Back.

Comment

Congratulations!

sigpic

Comment

BZ guy's welcome to the Distinguished club Cougar...enjoy the benefits
                          sigpic
                          "Volatilis Quod Mactabilis"

Comment

Nicely done guys!

Comment

Congratulations guys

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server