First Proper Squad Lead

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Proper Squad Lead

Yesterday I was bored to be honest, the server was filled with about 16 people, and was playing Mestia. I got server switched to the Chechen side and created a squad named 'KILL RUSKI'.

I was a bit confused in the first few minutes, but after a while found myself with a full 6 man squad. And before I knew it I felt like I had been squad leading for ages.

Gathered up my squad and made a Technical force, 2 technicals and stormed the front of West objective (Storage Bunker). Lost 1 technical in the first attack. Then from then on I decided to do some softskin infantry work, 3 men to a techie and 3 on foot as infantry.

We ended up doing pretty well, hold our position at a field gun, a bit east of the Storage Bunker, killed some russians (Cougar maybe). After that my squad stormed the front in a technical, bailed out, mopped up the outside defenders pretty good (Cougar again I think). And then held the bunker until the game was over (we lost, but that didn't matter).

It really was fun and I look to squad leading more often. My squad had top chechen squad with 3000-3600 points (cant remember exact number, somewhere inbetween those figures).

I also seemed to be better at killing people as squad leader. didn't seem stressful at all like I have said to myself before. Very fun.

sigpic

Re: First Proper Squad Lead

Here at tactical tamer we offer a AAR section for storys like this.

Glad you enjoy SLing
    doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

gj, keep it up little cupcake..

Comment

Yea we had quite good round. Meh meh.
        |TG|DavidL.Roth

Comment

Originally posted by Portable.Cougar View Post
          Here at tactical tamer we offer a AAR section for storys like this.
          Make sure you check out the large cat taming section as well, otherwise cougars may maul your thread :)

Comment

Originally posted by DavidL.Roth View Post
            Yea we had quite good round. Meh meh.
            HOLY VAN HALEN BATMAN!!! I didn't know David Lee Roth played PR, awesome, I can't wait to squad up with you Diamond Dave, I can't wait to read your AAR Ber, nice to see you slip into that slot......did you take any screenies?
            Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
            Level II Volunteer FireFighter
            Level I HazMat Technician
            NYS EMT-B
            Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
            RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
            Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
            Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
            We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
              HOLY VAN HALEN BATMAN!!! I didn't know David Lee Roth played PR, awesome, I can't wait to squad up with you Diamond Dave, I can't wait to read your AAR Ber, nice to see you slip into that slot......did you take any screenies?
              Spandex are already on, and I'm doing high kicks on air.
              ...I'm glad you like my name.

-Dave
              |TG|DavidL.Roth

Comment

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
                Unfortunately no, but I have the BR file downloaded and ready, watched it yesterday.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Berlancic View Post
                  I have the BR file downloaded and ready, watched it yesterday.
                  watch it again where i tear up cougs squad with my al capone gun... "sahh hallo to mahh litta friend".

Comment

Tear up and fail must have swapped meanings in AU
                    Last edited by Portable.Cougar; 02-24-2009, 09:17 PM.
                    doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Originally posted by onemanwreckingcrew View Post
                      watch it again where i tear up cougs squad with my al capone gun... "sahh hallo to mahh litta friend".
                      That's tony Montana not Al Capone! You won't tear up much with a Tommygun these days...
                      |TG-6th|Belhade
                      "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

I liked the part when wrecking, you were hiding on top of a tree, with a PKM about 200m away from storage bunker, that's a new step in tactics, you guys should've put your rally in a tree too. not too far up so that when you spawn you don't fall to your death though.

After that round, I really want to play more russian rounds, we need Kozelsk more. PW night please please please please pleeeease.

sigpic

Comment

SLing is the best fun in PR by far. I think it is way less stressful as you are (mostly) in control of your movement, proximity to the enemy and supply situation. The more you do it, the less you will want to just be a squaddie.
                          sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X