PR on ModDB's Editors Choice Best Multiplayer mod

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PR on ModDB's Editors Choice Best Multiplayer mod

2008 Mod of the Year Awards Event Editors' Choice: Best Multiplayer Mod feature - Mod DB

Re: PR on ModDB's Editors Choice Best Multiplayer mod

wohoo! i just read it!!

Life's too short to live it fast.

Comment

Epic I love how they show how fast he shoots his gun. But loved the seen where the b hawks drop off 2 squads.
      |TG-31st| WarPig1292

Comment

so does that mean we win????

Project reality will have their own engines?
        sigpic

Any problem on Earth can be solved with the careful application of high explosives.

Comment

Originally posted by daveyjonesjr View Post
          so does that mean we win????

Project reality will have their own engines?
          Whoah there. It was unclear to me too - I couldn't find anywhere that explained how it worked, but I kinda figured that these "Editors Choice" things are just picking like best Multiplayer, Best this and that... but they still have yet to announce the official Best Mod.

| |

Comment

The winning Players and Editors Choice mod teams will each be receiving a Torque Game Engine Advanced licence and a big bundle of game development tools including
            from here

Comment

Originally posted by warpig1292 View Post
              Epic I love how they show how fast he shoots his gun. But loved the seen where the b hawks drop off 2 squads.
              Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't that Operation Honey Badger?

Comment

Originally posted by Rtoups View Post
                Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't that Operation Honey Badger?
                Yeah, if you watch the video they've taken some footage from a posted video of that round of Kashan 16.

http://vimeo.com/1739672

| |

Comment

It's a well deserved win and thank god they didn't factor in the age of the engine because I am not going to lie compared to the other nominees PR looked fugly. (Also some of those HL2 mods look sweet, if only I could remember my steam account >_> )
                  sigpic
                  Pride/Shame of the PLA

Comment

no way! PR looked way better than the other nominated ones...that Sven CoOp thing looked like 1992.....ghetto !

and that space thing ........wtf was that ...weaaaaaak...

Comment

PR was one of the best looking games in that group. Now if it can just win best mod overal that would be awsome. Anyone know if the Devs will use their prize sometime in the future or if they plan on sticking with the BF2 engine?
                      |TG-69th|chrisweb89

Comment

No offense to all the hard video capture work, but honestly all the video clips but the flamethrower mod one were sub-par.

Red-dot sights of engaging a blurry and indistinct contact? yawn....

The cheesy camera "walk" through with the poor BF2 engine support for panning? (from the mod promo vid)

The lag-filled stutter BH drop?

We should be showcasing PR's amazing visuals, not reminding us of it's game engine flaws.

At least use the BFR and give up clips that show the engine at it's finest, think JDAM on south village in kashan, tank engagements at range while moving, apache gun cam's of wiping out insurgents on Karbala, and mechanized infantry using the bradley for support while clearing a building on Fallujah West.

I'm not good at video capture, (I can edit) but I've seen way better footage out there. The video footage is the first and in most cases, only chance you have to sell a game or mod to the unwashed masses with a short attention span on a mod website, it should be the best shot possible and capture the epicness of PR.

(I love that old BH water insertion gif that was circulating several versions back, that is what sold me personnaly on PR)

Again, no offense to those who work hard on the current advertising captures, I want to see the mod successful as much as anyone else.

grrr..just spent the last hour looking for those old animated avatars, cant find them anywhere, they were based off the .5 teaser video though, might have to remake them...

Comment

Heck Yeah! Project Reality FTW!! Woot woot!
                          sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Originally posted by MarineSeaknight View Post
                            Yeah, if you watch the video they've taken some footage from a posted video of that round of Kashan 16.

[media]http://vimeo.com/1739672[/media]
                            Kick back and let the memories flow...

Comment

I found nothing that stated they won, please someone correct me.
                              Voting closed, but no results posted..

If someone sees diffrent, how about posting a screenshot..

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X