Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What screen capture software do you use?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What screen capture software do you use?

I have been having trouble getting fraps to record audio in PR. I was wondering what you guys use?

Re: What screen capture software do you use?

X-Fire.

The audio doesn't sync well, though. It is always like two seconds shorter than it should be. That is easily fixed in Vegas though.
    Waldo II

Comment

Thanks I just downloaded it it seems to be less laggy than fraps.

My audio problem is still there though all programs seem to record the microphone instead of the game audio.

Damn my crappy realtek onboard soundcard!

Comment

I used to use WeGame because it was easy on the cpu, although I stopped using it when it muted my in game voice. Haven't tried it in a while.
        |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

I use wegame because it's less CPU intensive and has better compression. You should really check out the video production forum instead of asking in here.

Comment

I have started to use Wegame as well. I don't have any frame drop from it.
            sigpic
            I'm Back.

Comment

I use xfire
              |TG-31st| WarPig1292

Comment

Irfanview; Simply works for EVERYTHING regarding basic viewing, manipulation, and screencapping.

http://www.irfanview.us/

Definitely the best image program I've ever used, in terms of pure usability.

Comment

I recommend wegame

Check out these threads

game recorders

Recording all sounds (you + squad + game effects)

Comment

Originally posted by Exploding_Silver View Post
                    I recommend wegame
                    Doesn't work with Windows Vista

Comment

Originally posted by Riffraffselbow View Post
                      Doesn't work with Windows Vista
                      Ah, but it does. Just remember to run all programs as an administrator. One thing I did notice is that you can't use xfire ingame and wegame at the sametime. Also, as a windows vista user, you might not be able to record audio. This is because you have to enable some kind of wave thing. There's a way to enable and that explanation can be found through the WeGame.com FAQ.

Comment

The full version of FRAPS is well worth the money, and this is coming from someone who barely even uses it. It's not really a resource hog, I haven't noticed any drastic framerate differences while running FRAPS. It has some settings you can play around with for compression, you can record at full resolution, and I haven't had any problems with audio not being synced yet.

If you're looking for a free option though I'd say to use Xfire or WeGame. Source Recorder is even better than FRAPS if you're planning on recording anything from a game that runs on the Source Engine (Counter-Strike, HL2, Insurgency, etc.)

Comment

PrntScrn. And MS-Paint.
                          |TG-6th|Belhade
                          "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

Thanks guys I got it sorted out.

I thought it was a PR problem but it seems the problem was with my onboard soundcard (Realtek) it seems only some of the settings I changed in the windows sound control panel were actually transfered over to the soundcard's panel. It turned out to be simmilar to the problems people have with ingame voip and these cards.

Anyway I got it all sorted out and have been trying to get some good footage. Anyone ever notice how nothing cool ever happens when you're recording.

Comment

Originally posted by google View Post
                              Ah, but it does. Just remember to run all programs as an administrator. One thing I did notice is that you can't use xfire ingame and wegame at the sametime. Also, as a windows vista user, you might not be able to record audio. This is because you have to enable some kind of wave thing. There's a way to enable and that explanation can be found through the WeGame.com FAQ.
                              Oh, really? They found a workaround for the audio? because that's what I was refering to. I'll have to take another look at wegame, then.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X