PoE2 Tonight!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PoE2 Tonight!

In case you missed the front-page news, Point of Existence 2 is now focusing on Tuesday and Friday nights as the big nights. So if you're looking to take a night off from PR, or have been thinking about trying PoE2, then tonight's a great night to install it and get some play time in! (How to get started with PoE2 (for free1)). There should be plenty of Learn-TG squads rolling - if it's your first time join one of those... or any squad led by a TG regular for that matter!

Game Play videos:
    [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2Satyfr3kc[/media]
    [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGDGGEif8xg[/media]

More about the mod:
    Originally posted by TheBigC

The War -- PoE2 is based in modern times and features a conflict between Ukraine and U.N.-representatives, Germany and the United States. The full context for the war can be found here. Basically, Ukraine, seeking to regain power it held when it was part of the Soviet Union, invaded neighboring country Belarus. Within weeks they had crushed the Belorussian resistance and neighboring countries began to wonder if they were as vulnerable to occupation as Belarus had been.

The U.N. liberation plan consisted of a massive airborne assault and armored spear head from Poland. The German forces would rush to Kiev in the heart of the country, while the United States protected their northern flank from the Ukrainian troops based in Belarus. On a dim night in September, the invasion of Ukraine was started.

The Mod -- Every vehicle and weapon in PoE2 is completely new - the models, vehicle dynamics, and weapon damage systems are all custom. The design philosophy was to avoid 'mirroring' - where vehicles and weapons for all factions would be have equal performance. Instead, the entire game system was designed to take advantage rock-paper-scissors balancing.

For example, while one faction's APC may have superior speed and maneuverability, the other has amphibious capabilities. One fighter may be more nimble, but the opposition has faster get-away speed with it's larger afterburner. One attack helo flies like a loaded dumptruck, but it's armor keeps it in the air - the other is agile and fast, but lacks staying power.

Or for infantry kit balance, consider the medic's kit: the Ukraine medic carries an iron-sighted AK-74u with great stopping power and full auto; the German medics carry G36k's that aren't as powerful but have nice optics; and the US medics carry an iron sighted M16, with burst or semi fire modes and laser like accuracy.

This philosophy is also reflected in map design, where both sides often have very different resources with which to complete their objectives. For example, sometimes one force will have close air support available, while the other will not - instead starting with great defensive positioning and anti-air equipment.

Re: PoE2 Tonight!

Blasphemy!
    No, im just pissed that i cant play it on my computer..

Comment

Originally posted by Donrhos View Post
      Blasphemy!
      No, im just pissed that i cant play it on my computer..
      hahahah ;)

hmmmm... If you can run PR, you should definitely be able to play PoE2?

Comment

i always wanted to try this, but the server was never populated when i was on.
        what sort of time will the server become populated?

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
          hahahah ;)

hmmmm... If you can run PR, you should definitely be able to play PoE2?
          I have severe internet issues right now..
          not even PR works..:row__639:

Comment

Originally posted by browna3 View Post
            same here!

---------
            |TG|DarkDancer

Comment

Originally posted by browna3 View Post
              what sort of time will the server become populated?
              Us euros could start early and try to get things going.

Originally posted by Donrhos View Post
              I have severe internet issues right now..
              not even PR works..:row__639:
              Booooooooo! Get yourself some man internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Superfast View Post
                Us euros could start early and try to get things going.
                well im re-installing it now

Comment

I'm down for some POE2 action tonight.

|TG-12th| Troublesome4u

Comment

i'll be there
                    doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

I would redownload poe 2 if it weren't for me already being near my monthly cap hehe

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
                      In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

PoE is a great game. More fast-paced than PR...it's a great change of pace for those of you who might be a little tired of PR. Yes, sometimes it's not populated, but announcing these days are a good way of piquing interest and getting more people on.
                        |TG-6th|Belhade
                        "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

Hmmm. I've been looking for something to give me a break from PR. Looks like I found it. I will download it right now.

Comment

You killed our VOIP!! =0)

Comment

i played poe2 and i must say, pr is a great teamplay mod, but poe2 is a fast action one

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X