Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personal showing of the Primer in the Tourney and beyond

Members of the TG PR Community.

I recently read over the primer, really read over the primer, it had been long enough since i really did a in-depth reading of it, and it got me thinking especially with the announcement of this tourney.

I even went as far as telling the members of Team C that we are going to really strive for realism, taking it up a notch in this tournament, playing Project Reality and following the Primer the way it is meant to be played.

I have even noticed my game play of late in the regular PR server. I try my damnedest as a SL and as a squad member to work as a team, to play as one, and to fight and die as one.

I have decided to do one better and to really strive for realism......I want to see and use the APC's on all factions the way they are supposed to be used. Too many times i have seen btr's leave main bases with just a gunner and a driver.....i've seen troop transport capable Bradley Fighting Vehicles leave the US Main base at Kashan with no infantry, just going on as if they are a tank.....I won't even start about the helicopter pilots as of late because that will only make me vent and take away from what I really want to say.

I have started to really incorporate formations with squads, its tough to do don't get me wrong but there are some great in game teachers that can help, and it really makes the game so much more different and interesting.

So I ask you my fellow TG PR players, during this tournament and while in game play as realistic as possible, really strive for it, when non-tg forums readers join your squads update them on what you are doing as a SL, ask your squad leader to really strive for it. In the end it really benefits everyone, who cares if you lose the round, know that you played as realistically as possible and you will end up having a lot of fun doing it, trust me.

"Ask not what Tactical Gamer can do for You, but what You can do for Tactical Gamer."

So take ten minutes read the primer:
    http://www.tacticalgamer.com/tactica...er-primer.html

This is a topic within the PR forums which warlab started in October of 2008:
    http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...er-primer.html

*i am not denouncing anyone and not saying that every player who uses armor uses it wrong....just to clarify. Also thanks pwn3ge much appreciated.*
    Last edited by Delta*RandyShugart*; 03-19-2009, 06:01 PM.
    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    NYS EMT-B
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Re: Personal showing of the Primer in the Tourney and beyond

Goat just re-read the Primer...immediately after reading Randy's post above.

|

It is the rule in war, if ten times the enemy's strength, surround them; if five times, attack them;
    if double, engage them; if equal, be able to divide them; if fewer, be able to evade them; if weaker, be able to avoid them.

Comment

So say we all. </bsg>

Comment

I have to say that TOW one shot ability being added to the APCs is what has turned them into semi-tanks. They are just too vulnerable stopping to drop off troops when the other side is using theirs to hunt armor to be completely support. However, APCs should still fill the transport role more often, and I agree to focus more on the transport side and use them offensively only when all squads are where they want to be.
        |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Hmm... Tonight, strive for it really good and see what happens,I bet a lot of people who are not part of the PR TG community want the same as well.

sigpic

Comment

Will do...nothing more annoying than being stuck in some forgotten corner of the map and having to walk 1KM after just seeing a friendly APC drive past. =-#

Comment

Regarding APC's I think this is where the new comma-rose request, and teamspeak come to handy. Often I do find APC squads hunting as if they are a tank group, but If you do contact them they almost always know their place, and are glad to come transport squads. We all know the infamous annoying LB's that sometimes land near your squad in the middle of nowhere and say "Hop in" when you haven't even requested it. Sure as heck don't need APC's doing this as well. Keep comms open, and request a pickup even if it looks like they are trying to be a tank party. If you really want to nag them, define APC for them =).

(Re)Reading the primer is always a good thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by ZaBoo View Post
                (Re)Reading the primer is always a good thing to do.
                same here!

---------
                |TG|DarkDancer

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse