Battlefield 3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 3

Battlefield 3 will be "Battlefield Bad Company 2" and it will come out for PC but still maybe it aint that good for PR :) well it sounds awesome and ive allready got Bad company for Xbox 360 and it is good but you cant prone so if you cant do that in number 2 -.-. Here is a link for more Info: http://www.battlefield.com/badcompany2/

Re: Battlefield 3

It doesnt say that its BF3;
    according to PC Gamer UKs new issue there are 5 BF games in roduction, BF heroes, BFBC 2 and BF1943 are the announced ones. That leaves 2 unannounced games-although they are in production (apparently)

As i say this is in a magazine dont flame for no link.

Also the BFBC2 looks amazin from the preview in the Mag
    |TG-XV|CryWolf

Thanks for the sig Bandaid (look at how well made my avatar is!)

Comment

Maybe I missed something, but it didn't say anything about BF3?
      |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

I read on another forum that the team for BF3 was like 4 guys. So it might be in production, but it'll take forever.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

All the information in this thread is total speculation, 0 information has been released regarding Battlefield 3, if it even exists. Battlefield Bad Company 2 is simply a sequel to Battlefield Bad Company.

Comment

Right I think weve said that its not BF3 lets not patraniise him
            |TG-XV|CryWolf

Thanks for the sig Bandaid (look at how well made my avatar is!)

Comment

PC Gamer UK said in their March podcast that the last they had heard was that there were five Battlefield games in development. Battlefield Heroes, Bad Company 2 and BF1943 were the announced ones, they said that when they asked someone who works at DICE about the other two they said something along the lines of 'wait and see'.
              The only information regarding BF3 is leaked and not confirmed by DICE or EA. Any other information is pure speculation/rumour.
              |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
              Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Personally I could care less about the game itself. Most retail is just arcade garbage. What I watch out for is really good engines, where communities and developers can jump to create interesting gameplay. Sad thing is, most games get ported to/from console which really limits what the engine is capable, or at least what it is developed, tested, and indended for.

Comment

Battlefield Bad Company is supposedly the 4 guys.

battlefield 3 is based on the same engine as the Bad Company and it will be more like the BF2 we have now with bunny hopping, cartillery and such, just on a destructable environment

Comment

My bad :P

Comment

I dont think they'll ever release bf3 as we'd want it.
                      Im not sure their engine can handle 64 players because of the terrain deformation built in, it screws the netcode I think they mentioned

Arma 2 might be the last best hope for the next generation otherwise it'll be bf2 for the next ten years :o

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger View Post
                        Arma 2 might be the last best hope for the next generation otherwise it'll be bf2 for the next ten years :o
                        Don't forget OFP2, I have high hopes for that one.

Here 's the official statement, nothing has been mentioned about BF3:

DICE today announced Battlefield: Bad Company 2™, the sequel to last year’s blockbuster title. In this installment, the Bad Company crew again find themselves in the heart of the action, where they must use every weapon and vehicle at their disposal to survive. The action unfolds with unprecedented intensity, introducing a level of fervor to vehicular warfare never before experienced in a modern warfare action game. To get ready for the assault this winter, players can prepare for action in Battlefield 1943™, an all-new multiplayer game available this summer via PlayStation®Store, Xbox LIVE™ Marketplace and on the PC.

In Battlefield: Bad Company 2, the ‘B’ company fight their way through snowy mountaintops, dense jungles and dusty villages. With a heavy arsenal of deadly weapons and a slew of vehicles to aid them, the crew set off on their mission and they are ready to blow up, shoot down, blast through, wipe out and utterly destroy anything that gets in their way. Total destruction is the name of the game, delivered as only the DICE next generation Frostbite™ engine can. Either online or offline, enemies will soon learn there is nowhere to hide. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 will be available for the Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system, the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and the PC.

Using the same Frostbite™ engine, Battlefield 1943 takes players back to WWII. The game offers endless hours of 24 player multiplayer action over three classic and tropic locations; Wake Island, Guadalcanal and Iwo Jima. Delivering the award-winning through-the-gun and vehicle warfare online experience DICE is best recognized for, Battlefield 1943 will have players battling in ruthless aerial dog fights and intense trench combat. Players can see the game in action at New York Comic Con (Booth #1441) from February 6th-8th.

“Bad Company 2 takes everything that players liked in the original and ups the ante – more vehicles, more destruction and more team play,” said Karl Magnus Troedsson, Executive Producer Battlefield Franchise, DICE. “Battlefield 1943 is a new take on a blast from the past classic coming to life with brand new technology that we’re eager to get into players hands.”
                        There 's also more news about patch 1.50 but no release date :( :

Battlefield – Inside the Design

Why?
                        Reading the feedback you guys give us in the gaming forums, it’s been clear to us that the game was lacking in a tight infantry map with the PLA army involved. So we set out to create a map with that in mind and this is the result of that. That map, which we have called Operation Blue Pearl, will appear in the upcoming Battlefield 2 Update 1.50 and Battlefield 2142 Update 1.51.

Limitations
                        As some of you probably know, BF2 has been around for a while and many of the current players have rigs that can run the game at high settings. But to us, creating official content, we still have to keep the low specs of the game in mind designing a map.

That’s where the “fog of war” comes in. When we make maps here at DICE we are constantly using programs that check draw-calls on our maps so that, wherever you position yourself on the map, the draw-calls never exceed the maximum limit. (A draw-call is when the game engine must call a texture image into the graphic card’s memory for it to be rendered on screen. The more draw-calls the game must make, the more it impacts computer performance so limiting these is one of the cornerstones of game production.)

In order to make a tight city-feel map you need a certain object density. The only way to get that is to use fog to “cull” distant objects.

This also prohibits us from using air vehicles on this kind of map. On ground level, your view is often blocked by buildings and other objects, keeping the draw-calls in check. If you would use an air vehicle you would get a free 180’ view of the city which would make the draw-calls exceed the maximum number.

The setting
                        Even though this new map reuse all content from the original game we’ve tried to come up with something that we hope will feel fresh for you. As already mentioned the map gives you an infantry, city setting with the PLA army, which hasn’t been present in the game before.

We’ve also dug deep in the vaults of what we’ve got here at DICE and tried to bring up some of the objects that weren’t used as frequently in the original release, spotlighting these to hopefully give you a new experience.

We here at DICE also felt that BF2 lacked a map with a beach landing scenario – like “Omaha Beach” in BF 1942. That’s why we’ve made this map into a beach landing and hopefully you guys will enjoy that experience.

Feedback from beta testing
                        As we roll this map out in open beta we are very interested to know what you players out there think about it. Can we make changes that would make the map better and of course, find any bugs left in the map. If you’re interested in making this map a better experience for all, please give us feedback.

Going into a feedback session there are a few things that have to be kept in mind. The main thing is to understand what experience this map wants to convey – a grinding, hard push of infantry fighting through an urban setting. I.e. – that map should be fun to play as infantry. That’s its main focus. The vehicles in there should add a flavour to the map, but not ruin the infantry experience.

With that said, our main questions are:

Does the beach landing work?
                        For the landing to work it’s absolutely crucial that the US troops don’t get owned by PLA AT:s. We know this is a risk and that’s one of the main feedback points we need to get from you guys – is the beach landing successful. Keep in mind it should be hard, but not impossible and boring.

Is it too easy to back-cap the Chinese home base?
                        With an assault map, the experience we’re looking for is a gradual grind that slowly moves the battle to the back of the map. We’ve left a sneak hole to get past the front in case the front flag is to heavily defended, but this shouldn’t be a too easy way.

Bugs
                        These annoyances always seem to sneak through. There will be areas where you can get stuck, get into objects and so on. Please, feedback on these too.

Thanks in advance!
                        Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

So, they decided to create a beach landing map (Which many of us already experience through mods) instead of fixing stuff. Can't wait!

Comment

I'd say the best way for PR reality to go will be to mod the OF2 so that the 256 bots will be useable as player slots so our servers have 256+32 = 280 man battles! Pure carnage with infantry assaults etc.... Imagine it... a 20 KM map that OF2 can cope with set to the idea of Fools Road or Kashan! Destructable environments and pure mayhem like war should be! But I live in a dream and we're not sure if it will be psosible. But would be nice... since most of the content PR use is already going into OF2 such as American / Russian military / vehicles.

Comment

I like PR now. I know the bf2 engine has its limits but i think its great as it is, a few tweaks here and there and some more content and it would remain a playable game in my book, no need for a new engine.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X