logistics proposition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• logistics proposition

i havnt had PR as long as some of the older lags, but during gameplay i found i enjoyed the games more where i was doing less front line duties, but rather support options like gathering intelligence, logistics and repairs etc

on a previous thread entitled "logistics squad?" by Fishbone, there were several people who enjoyed the idea of logistic squads during games as they were a very useful utility on the battlefield

seeming as quite a few people like doing these jobs (when in the mood), i was wondering if a new 'group' could be set up.

this is NOT clan recruiting, i want to set up an in house group like the 10th national guard is. whose primary role is a support role, ferrying troops, supplies and repairs around the battlefield.

If there is enough support i would like to start up an in house group. (name + badge under construction)

as i am pretty much a noob compared to most of you, i would appreciate it if an experienced TG gamer (who wants to do something like this also) would help me in this project to prevent it from crashing and burning. PM if you are interested

(p.s if there are people who do not thing this is at all plausible, then please i only want CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, not abuse if you please)

Thanks

Rob Williams
    Last edited by RobertW1234; 03-21-2009, 10:15 AM. Reason: title didnt really speak for the contents until now

Re: logistics proposition

If you want to start an IHS, you'll need to contact the admins in the 'contact tactical gamer admin' forum. Personally, I would recommend getting some more experience under your belt first. Spend some time running logistics squads on the server to get a feel for the game and the community. See who regularly joins up with you and go from there. As an aside, and this is personnel preference obviously, I would not be caught dead in a squad run by someone who doesn't care enough about its success to write their recruiting post in a professional manner.

Comment

point taken, i do usually join logistics squad when the opportunity arises, i understand your argument about having a squad run by someone who doesnt know what they are doing. hence why i asked for a veteran TG gamer to help.

and bear in mind this is only an idea, not something i am going to do this if there isnt enough optimism behind it

Comment

You will need to be a supporting member to be in an In House Squad. Try talking with Sonic about the Irregulars. The Irregulars is an IHS for non members. He might be able to help you in that regard.

A good leader requires both character and strategy. If he is to be without one, let it be strategy. - General Rick Hilliar, Former Canadian Chief of Defence

Comment

Also its a TG rule that you HAVE to be a supporting member to be in an ihs. So if you were going to get one then by all means contact the sites admins with your proposal. If your serious then i suggest you read this as well

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/wiki/in...s_Creating_IHS

ninja'd by master :(

Comment

First, welcome to TG!

Secondly, I think it is great that players see the value in supporting the team and not worrying so much about how many kills they get. You should continue to make logistics squads as you play. You'll find there are several other players who enjoy doing the same thing that will be looking for you in game and soon you'll have a dedicated group. This will only serve to improve team play on our server and remind people that the big picture is what is important.

If you're looking to get into a more formal group, consider the Irregulars. This is an in-house squad that does not require a supporting membership to join and often serves as a stepping-stone for players to move on to other in-house squads such as the 6th, 10th, 15th, E-1st, 31st and 49th (and I know I've left others out).

Enjoy the server!

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Very good! Yes, sometimes less front line support duties can be very enjoyable and something to do when you're a bit tired.

sigpic

Comment

Re: logistics and support in house group

Originally posted by RobertW1234 View Post
                this is NOT clan recruiting, i want to set up an in house group like the 10th national guard is. whose primary role is a support role, ferrying troops, supplies and repairs around the battlefield.
                Well, close enough :)

Welcome dude! Since most other things have already been covered by the posts above, and you sound like a pretty dedicated guy, here's some links that'll help you out, should you still be interested in forming an in-house-squad under Tactical Gamer.

Guidelines to Creating an In House Squad

List of Current TG In House Squads

The Irregulars IHS

| |

Comment

Oh yes, Logistic squads....I should have a level 60 shovel, which for some reason I would upgrade it to do +5 against Ogres(Don't ask me why, I have no idea), if this were an RPG.

Comment

i never tried logistics before.. but i think i can try it out..
                    If you show your head then your dead....

Comment

good to see you are interested in logistics!
                      It's just not the right thing for me since i am pretty good flipping those trucks.

and now get me some supplies ;D
                      |TGXV|STeaLthBananaaa

sigpic

We snipe the TG way

Comment

i will once i hav got a bit more experience under my belt ( point taken Hopkin Green) and try to lead squads more etc, and obviously become a supporting member ;)

i will be online in the server more around july/august time, but dont be suprised to see me pop in from time to time ;)

i really do appreciate all help given :D

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X