The Taste of Vanilla

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Taste of Vanilla

With the server crashed earlier tonight I decided to strap on my unlocks and have some fun in vBF2. Though it's not something I'd look forward to doing every day. I thought it was a fun way to finish off the weekend and I thought maybe other people would enjoy it too.

I propose that anyone interested in having a one hour vacation from the seriousness of PR join me next Sunday evening for an hour or two of vBF2. Nothing serious, nothing organized. Just good ol' fashioned frags.

Cheers,

DJ

Re: The Taste of Vanilla

I play a few times a week.

I am not ashamed.
    doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

I played a few rounds last night and another few today.

Comment

The TG PoE server has some nice BF2 action on tuesdays and fridays. I can recommend it!

Comment

Yeah sometimes it is nice to do that. I hardly ever do it but when I do, I strap up in a jet, it's always fun because it's so easy to shoot everyone else down. Just: Fly high, use the ctrl to look around (you are flying high so that you can just see the ground), when you see an enemy jet, Split S and pounce! And when you have really good pilots to fight with, who apply some real air combat manouveurs and know the strengths and weaknesses of your aircraft, it gets REALLY FUN! I am talking about public Australian servers by the way.

That's what I like about bf2, because is PR, I get locked and I've got no idea where it's coming from because the SAMs are long lock range and so are the jet missles, then just 'DEAD' and black screen. In bf2 it's up close and personal, more heart-pounding.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Berlancic View Post
            Yeah sometimes it is nice to do that. I hardly ever do it but when I do, I strap up in a jet, it's always fun because it's so easy to shoot everyone else down. Just: Fly high, use the ctrl to look around (you are flying high so that you can just see the ground), when you see an enemy jet, Split S and pounce! And when you have really good pilots to fight with, who apply some real air combat manouveurs and know the strengths and weaknesses of your aircraft, it gets REALLY FUN! I am talking about public Australian servers by the way.

That's what I like about bf2, because is PR, I get locked and I've got no idea where it's coming from because the SAMs are long lock range and so are the jet missles, then just 'DEAD' and black screen. In bf2 it's up close and personal, more heart-pounding.
            Not if you play it the way cougar plays it.
            Don't harsh his mellow.

Comment

What is Vanilla? Is that some other kind of game ;-)
              sigpic

Comment

I tried playing it the other day. What a sour taste. I must admit, it can be fun once in a while if your being an asset hog, with the 80%+ of the server population. Infantry combat is just... painful.

Comment

In this time I play more Vanilla then PR...Maybe it is because that it is harder to snipe in Vanilla then in PR...and sometimes it is just nice to not have to travel but just spawn walk around for like 10 sec to 1:30 mins and then make headshots :D Btw if you want to learn how to be a better sniper in Vanilla go on youtube and search:"Bf2 Sniper School" really helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Danielsson View Post
                    In this time I play more Vanilla then PR...Maybe it is because that it is harder to snipe in Vanilla then in PR...and sometimes it is just nice to not have to travel but just spawn walk around for like 10 sec to 1:30 mins and then make headshots :D Btw if you want to learn how to be a better sniper in Vanilla go on youtube and search:"Bf2 Sniper School" really helps.
                    Wait, isn't Vanilla the stock game where snipers jump, prone dive and headshot people instantly. Oh, and they have uncounterable claymores to watch your back? PR sniping > vBF2 sniping.

One second, I gotta go put my troll back in it's cage.

Comment

i frequent a no bs sniper only server on 'nilla here and there (haven't since .85 has come out tho), and i will say that some of those guys have frequented our PR server, its nice to give back, but its nice to sometimes sit back and just snipe vanilla style.....it can be relaxing, and playing PRSP can be fun to.

*its also nice on that server because like ours, no BS is put up with*
                      Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                      Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                      Level I HazMat Technician
                      NYS EMT-B
                      Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                      RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                      Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                      Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                      We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Break out my G36E and slay some bodies! (I play every now and then)

| |

Comment

I wouldnt mind a go on jalalabad in a dpv getting 30 road kills

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger View Post
                            Watch out- 50% of their team carries 4 15-pound AT rockets on their back!
                            Waldo II

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger View Post
                              It's all about strapping 2 C4s to the front of your DPV, and ramming it into a tank, only to bail out moments before and detonate it. Loved doin' that.

| |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X