Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurgent maps

Gentlemen,

Insurgent maps; you either love them or you loathe them. In my particular case, I hate them. To me, an insurgent map is a good reason to watch the news, eat dinner, walk the dog or take a poop. So, I think that states it for my opinion of running around on the insurgent maps….

Some people love insurgent maps.

Wow, that was a hollow statement. Made it difficult to decide what to say next.

Anyway,

POLL:

WHO LIKES INSURGENT MAPS?
    I want all maps to be Insurgent Maps.
    11.84%
    I play them when there is a good team on the insurgent team.
    11.84%
    I play them to ride a bike or gun on a technical.
    2.63%
    I play any map, anytime, anywhere.
    48.68%
    I try to team switch to play on the insurgent team.
    2.63%
    I try to team switch to play on the USA side.
    10.53%
    I want all insurgent maps to go away forever.
    11.84%
    sigpic

Re: Insurgent maps

I like them...they bring a different aspect to the game which is great. Who doesn't like IED'ing people? Common...you know you want to. =)

Comment

Yeh i love insurgent maps

But ive not played as coalition since the last release. poor me....
      |TG-XV|CryWolf

Thanks for the sig Bandaid (look at how well made my avatar is!)

Comment

I love insurgent maps except for ones with the taliban I personaly think that the insurgents are ten times better then the Taliban.
        I do not have any ribbons because the TG Ribbons department has not created one for being a boss.

Comment

agreed mnam
          |TG-XV|CryWolf

Thanks for the sig Bandaid (look at how well made my avatar is!)

Comment

I love insurgent maps and although I prefer being an insurgent if I'm stuck on the regular armed forces I'll stick with them.

*I still miss the extract game mode :'(

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
            In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

any maps ,any time, anywhere :)
              sigpic

Any problem on Earth can be solved with the careful application of high explosives.

Comment

I'll play any map (sept severn gates)

Comment

Insurgent maps are annoying alot of the time.. the whole "There's no rules for insurgents" can be extremely irritating such as firing into spawning infantry at main etc...

Another irritant is the fact insurgents = get hit once, you're gonna bleed to death because NOBODY shares their bandages....
                  this slight problem was fixed with the introduction of the taliban who have a medic :)

On the whole... when drunk or when there's a good insurgent team I'll play. Otherwise I find it pointless and it annoys me to no end

Comment

I like the insurgent maps, Korangal, Ramiel a bit less, Basrah is good. They are better than the russian maps anyway, Russian vs Chechen is like playing Insurgent vs insurgent, it's just ****. . . haha.

Insurgent maps rock

Comment

I do like playing the insurgent maps after watching a movie like Blackhawk Down for instance. LOL I think that Operation Archer is sweet.
                      sigpic

Comment

i will say i have a new found respect for west fallujah. At first i was really frustrated with that map, and after Team C's first match on that it took me a few days to really realize that, west fallujah is all about teamwork to the core. There's no area attack, and everyone really has to be on the same page, and really want to be teamplayers, there is no room for error on west fallujah. So with that, I have to say that I have a new found respect for that map and for what insurgent maps represent.

Insurgent maps are not a race to see if the blufor team can destroy the caches the quickest, actually the only real thing blufor has going for them on insurgent maps is time, in theory they can take as long as (or up to 4hrs) they like........which as i have seen on the public server makes the insurgent team extremely antsy.

Plus insurgent maps are all about working as a team, no matter what side or kit you are using.
                        Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                        Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                        Level I HazMat Technician
                        NYS EMT-B
                        Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                        RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                        Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                        Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                        We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

I guess my frustration with them is that players typically DONT take the time to do the USA right, loose all the assets and the USA is reduced to walking and being on a 1:1 basis with the insurgents. If these maps were played correctly, I think I wouldn't dislike them so much.

The scrim game was great, but on regular days, I don't like them very much.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by O=T-M-A-N=O View Post
                            I guess my frustration with them is that players typically DONT take the time to do the USA right, loose all the assets and the USA is reduced to walking and being on a 1:1 basis with the insurgents. If these maps were played correctly, I think I wouldn't dislike them so much.
                            I hear ya, sometimes they can be more frustrating than regular maps.

Though i will say the over kill of insurgents running and tripping grenade traps has decreased A TON.............which is very nice, now if we could only get players to stop setting grenade traps next to caches......

**I also have reached a personal goal of going 2+weeks of not destroying a friendly cache by accident......**

- I see blue and he looks glorious!
                            Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                            Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                            Level I HazMat Technician
                            NYS EMT-B
                            Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                            RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                            Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                            Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                            We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

I love insurgency maps, I love Fallujah West (although I havent been able to play it in about a month due to the map rotation). I find the overall strategy needed to be successful much more complex for both sides. I think that the style of gameplay better represents real world scenarios with the current US occupation in the middle east. The one thing that really bothers me atm is the ease in which ppl can cheat on insurgent maps. All it takes is one person either side to tell a "friend" (co-conspirator) on the other side where cashes are located or where enemy forces are coming from. I would guess that people who dont like the map type and want it to be over as fast as possible are the ones that are more likely to do this but who knows.

Insurgency maps defiantly require a much higher level of teamwork and coordination as well as a team discipline of not using assets unless they are needed. I have noticed that over the past week or two Insurgents have won most of the rounds that I have played in (that may have been because I was an insurgent during those rounds but i don't think that's entirely true...).

It might be nice to designate a weekly or biweekly passworded round of two insurgent maps that get rotated every time. This would be open to everyone in the community and would result in some great gameplay.
                              Another option might be to ensure that, if password nights in general start up again, at least one map in the rotation is an insurgency map. That way those of us that look forward to these maps get a chance to play some high quality rounds w/o fear of intel being shared between teams.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X