Machinegun

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machinegun

What do you guys think of the machinegun ? I think it is great, obviously effective on short ranges, can get kills on long ranges too and very effective surpressive fire. If the enemy comes under fire from a squad it does not necessarily stop them, if they get sprayed by a machinegun they dive for cover.

If nobody in the squad has it I try to pick it up, unless we are using armed vehicles.
    When Iam squadleading I ask one of the guys to pick it up most of the times.

I used it on Kashan yesterday. It worked aright in the bunkers. In south village an enemy squad pouring in from the hills got second thoughts when they got sprayed with machinegunfire and stayed in the hills as long as the flag was in game.

So I was wondering what others think of the machinegun and why so many squads are running without.

Re: Machinegun

I agree. I think that most people just overlook it. They take the basic rifleman or medic as they are the more common kits. I think it depends on how the SL wants to play it, if its a full on fire fight then go ahead and pick up an MG. On the other hand if they would prefer to try and go a bit more stealthy then and MG might not be the best.

Comment

I tend to avoid letting people use it unless I know they CAN use it, as alot of people go charging into a place like 5 meters from the enemy, dive to the floor wait and shoot. Should never be used like that

Comment

When ever I get to play as a SM ad not SL I grab one.

PKM could be the best / most controlable gun in the game.
        doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Originally posted by fullkontact View Post
          I tend to avoid letting people use it unless I know they CAN use it, as alot of people go charging into a place like 5 meters from the enemy, dive to the floor wait and shoot. Should never be used like that
          I second that emotion. But usually they stop using it, seen as it kets them killed quick :p

Comment

I don't like it, MG has nothing on the basic kits. imo, it's more for the hardcore squads that want a true-to-life squad layout. Each to their own, of course.
            Before the effect one believes in different causes than one does after the effect.

Comment

I like it, but it takes some serious confidence and squad coordination to use it right. The SAW is one of the most distinct weapon noises in the game and you can bet that once you open up with it, every enemy scope is going to be pointing at you.
              | |

'Forward, the Light Brigade!
              Charge for the guns' he said:
              Into the valley of Death
                Rode the six hundred.

Comment

When I squad lead I like to have a SM use it. Its good for suppression and makes the enemy duck for cover. I highly suggest getting one in your squad. The devs added 6 per team so each squad could get one.
                -Craz3y-

(\__/)
                (O.o ) Disposable: These [Team stacking]threads are like a woman's period: They come (> <)around once a month and during that time no one is happy. Then it goes away, the sun comes out, birds sing, and everything is cool for 3 weeks, then hell returns again.

Comment

SAW is a beast in undeployed. Controllable in bursts and great for taking out those pesky FAVs, plus great for clearing rooms or mowing squads.

PKM is stupid accurate once you settle it. Coupled with high damage per round, its basically a auto sniper with no scope.

The H&K I only like in deployed mode.

The Chinese auto-rifle just seems like a tweaked regular rifle, then again I don't have that much experience with it. Basically an al-quds?
                  |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

So far the Chinese one is my favourite, I just find it easier to control in undeployed mode on full auto. But the PKM is a close second.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepo_SAS View Post
                      So far the Chinese one is my favourite, I just find it easier to control in undeployed mode on full auto. But the PKM is a close second.
                      ^===This, also in single shot mode it can actually hit something.
                      sigpic
                      Pride/Shame of the PLA

Comment

Originally posted by NerdyDodge View Post
                        I like it, but it takes some serious confidence and squad coordination to use it right. The SAW is one of the most distinct weapon noises in the game and you can bet that once you open up with it, every enemy scope is going to be pointing at you.
                        It makes for a great diversionary tactic in this regard. If the SAW gunner sneaks about one side and opens fire, it will quickly draw everyone's attention allowing the rest of the squad to approach from another direction.
                        |TG-6th|Belhade
                        "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

Originally posted by Belhade View Post
                          It makes for a great diversionary tactic in this regard. If the SAW gunner sneaks about one side and opens fire, it will quickly draw everyone's attention allowing the rest of the squad to approach from another direction.

Not to mention that very few people wants to be of the recieving end of that sound. The psy-factor is great.
                          sigpic
                          The Royal Lifeguards

Comment

In my very limited time in PR, I don't really like it. I prefer to move in close with an iron sight rifle than sit out further and give suppressing fire.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

In theory the saw is great but since you have to go prone to use it best and it takes longer to setup I usually just end up dead trying to use it on people at distance.

With the right squad it could be good but the delay means you need someone besides you looking through a scope or your'll just be cut down with more accurate fire as you fire a fairly useless stream of tracers off

PKM is next to 50 cal for awesome sound, its the A10 of hand held weaponry

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X