Windows 7 beta warning.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7 beta warning.

Don't install this operating system untill its out of beta, it is brilliant but unfortunetly it doesn not work with punkbuster.

After 3 weeks of no PR and no solution in sight Im still having withdrawal symptoms.

So if your drug of chose is PR stay away from "Windows 7"

TG-E1st TacticalGamer European Division |

Re: Windows 7 beta warning.

.. There's a reason it's a Beta. You're not supposed to install it as a main operating system, only as a testing platform. Say, on a spare computer, or on a partition of your hard drive.

Comment

It can be installed alongside any previous version of windows especially if you have partitions or more then one drive but yea dont bother unless like technical stuff though it does give dx10 free for anyone who hasnt got vista

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Please keep in mind it is designed for BETA testing, not replacing your primary O/S.
        I'm sure it's just a matter of time until applications start supporting Windows 7, not like it is anything "new" relative to Vista, or even XP for that matter. Just improvements, and bugs of course =)

Comment

What I do get a kick out of is so many people have posted all over the internet about PB not working properly with a lot of games in Windows 7 Beta and people are still installing Windows 7 Beta and griping about Windows 7 Beta not working with these games.
          I wish they would actually search around, even in the TG forums there are enough post about this. you can't blame Evenbalance for not wanting to get PB working on a beta O/S. It just would not be practical for them to work on the beta O/S and then Microsoft completely changes all their plans for the O/S, thet would be a waste for Evenbalance.
          PB might not work on Windows 7 Beta but there are a load of games that do work that don't require PB. Somewhere on the TG forums there is a list of games and programs that work fine with Windows 7 Beta.

Comment

But Evenbalance has an opportunity to test PB on W7 now, so that games will work the day W7 is released.

Remember when Vista was released and everyone was pissed because no video drivers were yet available? All that time that could have been spent testing drivers was wasted and it earned a big black eye for nVidia.
            Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

I had PB problems when I attempted to play 2142 after I installed 7. Aside for some glitches here and there, 7 works great for me. I use it as my primary OS (but then again, I'm also a trained professional).

PB WILL work for WIn 7 32 bit, do some searching around. Unfortunately the workaround doesn't work with x64. So if you have x64 forget it. Evenbalance's [lack of] approach to this problem just sucks, and it doesn't do much to improve upon how well PB tends to work in the first place...

So I just went ahead and installed Vista as a secondary OS just so I could play PR and 2142. Even though I infrequently play either anymore. I don't need it for anything else. I once needed it for GTAIV but the last game patch seems to have resolved that. Unreal 3 works without complaint. Warhammer Online once worked without complaint (don't play it any more either). My trial of Age of Conan installed and ran just fine with Win7. -and all under x64.

-and Windows 7 will not be versioned 7.0. It is versioned 6.1. Note that Vista is 6.0. Ponder.
              :)
              "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
              Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

Originally posted by Adam D. from Evenbalance.com
                Note #2: Yes, PunkBuster will be fully functional when Windows 7 is released to retail.
                yayz

Comment

Yeah. I tried the beta a few weeks ago.

It was a fail on my asus.

My disk drive wasn't detected, and it would make a screeching noise on startup.

Comment

that's why im not trying it..
                    If you show your head then your dead....

Comment

3 things are certain, death taxes and windows beta=fail.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo13 View Post
                        3 things are certain, death taxes and windows beta=fail.
                        I love when people who have no clue post and waste people's time.
                        Win7 beta is actually really good, but again, it is a beta, so why would you claim =fail. Of course some things are going to fail, it is a beta. But they are few and far between.

And the Release Candidate is due to be out in the next month.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
                          I love when people who have no clue post and waste people's time.
                          Win7 beta is actually really good, but again, it is a beta, so why would you claim =fail. Of course some things are going to fail, it is a beta. But they are few and far between.

And the Release Candidate is due to be out in the next month.
                          That's why I made my one post in this thread, and just left it be.
                          "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
                          Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

Death, taxes, EA(not moneywise, nice try d1spo i saw that coming)/PB=fail.

Comment

I run Windows 7 Beta as my primary OS on my laptop and think it is wonderful. I had tried Windows 7 beta on my desktop but removed it due to the fact my desktop is my gaming rig and PB was not working with Windows 7 Beta and the games I wanted to play. On my laptop I have games on it that do not require PB and they play with no problems.
                              I am sure when Evenbalance knows for sure the retail release date they will kick it into high gear to get PB working correctly, they may even start with RC1 but no one can expect them to work with a beta that is only on it's first public release. People are just expecting way to much all the time from these companies to deliver as soon as any mention is made about a beta release. I sometimes think beta's should never even be publicly released.

Windows 7 IMO is going to definitely be a great OS when it goes retail from what I have seen out of the beta and I am sure Evenbalance will have things working as well.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X