PR Deployment LOCKDOWN!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PR Deployment LOCKDOWN!

Just a thought, maybe I will plan to talk to Reality mod.

When you enlist in the military, they don't say "welcome, now grab a rifle and go out and fight" You go through training, boot camp, school, etc. Lately I've been seeing too much noob behavior and it really is getting obnoxious. People spawning, taking kits, losing them in a stupid way. I swear I saw a sniper in Asad Kal spawning at a vantage point FOB and then running into the village with their rifle getting sprayed by a barrage of Mp5 fire. And then you have pilot who can't fly knowing the can't and crashing choppers on carriers and then going "ooo another one just spawned" and taking it.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________

I think we should and I believe I've heard many people say, bring back the ranking system. In PR, points are given out differently than in Vanilla for you get little for combat but teamwork points for build FOB, driving assets etc. But if special kits such as HAT, LAT, Sniper, Demo, etc had restrictions for veterans or those with training to use it, it would be a lot better. Its like if only we could lock the game unless a person has read every page of the manual and can join the server after reading every word in the server rules.

I've actually thought of making it a requirement that you must go through I don't know, a minimum of a certain hours in a training server before you can access the deployment channel. Or maybe some type of pilot training hours or course required to take before requesting pilot kits. Just something to make sure people know what they are doing before screwing something up for their team.

In fact if I went through that, I would turn out a better player for my early days in PR.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________

Any opinions?

-gamerz
    csxgamerz

Re: PR Deployment LOCKDOWN!

"We can't mod the players"

-quote from PR dev's.

The best that could happen is a mandatory training like we see in America's Army game. But that is not possible with PR.

The rank system is a good idea, but I think it may cause some conflict with the game now. Example, the mensages of requesting kits uses the ranking system notification.

I don't know, post at PR forums, people there can say more about it.

Comment

i guess thats were tgu fits. although its only open to people who have registered on the web site

Comment

I disagree, gamerz. The best way to reduce smacktard behavior, besides kicking smacktards, is give them a positive experience in an organized squad. I'd guess that most "smacktards" aren't truly malicious or idiotic, they just don't know how to behave and properly play the game. One of the best things about PR is how accessible it is (despite the steep learning curve). Would you really be here today if you had been forced to sit around in an empty training server before you could actually jump in-game?

Comment

Like Charity said, most don't know better. Hell I started playing PR about 2 months ago, I didn't touch a training server at all. I just jumped straight into the TG server. What I've come to learn is that experience is the best teacher, as well the best bud during those hectic firefights.

Doesn't mean I am super duper awesome at the game, though. I don't think I'll ever learn to land a chopper, let alone making to the runway in a jet.

Comment

This will not stop the noobs but just make many others angry. PR is not a simulator. People play this for fun , not to rank up to finally be able to fly a jet.
            -Craz3y-

(\__/)
            (O.o ) Disposable: These [Team stacking]threads are like a woman's period: They come (> <)around once a month and during that time no one is happy. Then it goes away, the sun comes out, birds sing, and everything is cool for 3 weeks, then hell returns again.

Comment

This is, frankly, a horrible idea. While I endorse the idea of an Americas Army type training system, it is not possible within BF2. The idea of having a certain number of hours on a training server is worse than anything; those servers are filled to the brim with tards.

Smacktards of BF2 are to People on the training servers ~~~~~~as~~~~~~ Mature BF2 players are to Mature PR players

It would basically train potentially good players to be tards, and would drive off teamplayers.

The ranking system is also a source of tardery. The game would no longer focus on teamwork and everything PR stands for, but instead people would just try to get more points. Plus, the point system in PR is a joke. A very good infantry squad may earn 800 points each, whereas a mediocre tank squad gets thousands each.
              Waldo II

Comment

Being a commander also helps this situation. And also asking pilots to refrain from flying randomly. But alas that will last for maybe 5-10minutes tops.
                Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                Level I HazMat Technician
                NYS EMT-B
                Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
                  Being a commander also helps this situation. And also asking pilots to refrain from flying randomly. But alas that will last for maybe 5-10minutes tops.
                  Oh yes, I've seen this happen alot, especially at late night. Poor Bullseye, just couldn't keep the helos grounded...

Comment

New players are the lifeblood of any game and PR already has a learning curve like a brick wall. Making it even less accessible is like tying a tourniquet around its neck.

Comment

Originally posted by Hopkin Green View Post
                      New players are the lifeblood of any game and PR already has a learning curve like a brick wall. Making it even less accessible is like tying a tourniquet around its neck.
                      but if its fashionable its "HOTT"
                      Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                      Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                      Level I HazMat Technician
                      NYS EMT-B
                      Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                      RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                      Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                      Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                      We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

csx, no offence but you were no better when you came to PR. I'm sure more than half of us got "shiny new toy" syndrome when we first played PR. I know I did. You just need to teach them better and as charity said give them examples of good gameplay.
                        |TG|
                        ||||

Comment

This is probably a bad idea so I don't know why I'm throwing it out here, but you could do a test system whereby players need to answer some basic questions about PR gameplay before they can access the download link.
                          They could set it up with several key excerpts from the manual to read, immediately followed by the test. Make it nice and concise and I think players would be willing to go through it to download the game.
                          It would be similar to the America's Army mandatory training, only less high tech. Only difficulty would be the hassle of setting up the test.

Comment

Originally posted by {DEAD}Therites View Post
                            This is probably a bad idea so I don't know why I'm throwing it out here, but you could do a test system whereby players need to answer some basic questions about PR gameplay before they can access the download link.
                            They could set it up with several key excerpts from the manual to read, immediately followed by the test. Make it nice and concise and I think players would be willing to go through it to download the game.
                            It would be similar to the America's Army mandatory training, only less high tech. Only difficulty would be the hassle of setting up the test.
                            A. "Ok, where do I download this mod? It says I can download it here, but there is no link. WTF? Where can I download this mod? Whatever, I'll play another mod"

B. "Wait, so I actually have to take a test? Lame-sauce. This isn't school. I'm not playing this."

C. "I'll just answer the questions and play like I regularly do" - Player remains to be a tard.'

D. "To hell with the test, I'll just download it off this mirror."

E. "I'll get the answers from somewhere else"

F. "I will take the test, seek answers, and try and try again until I pass." - This player has no life.
                            Waldo II

Comment

Charity is right, plain and simple. Gamerz, I hate to criticize, but your analogy to real life military training is null in comparison. Of course the real military doesnt just hand you a gun and say "go fight". You go through months, sometimes years of training because there is no respawn timer in real life. If you get shot 20 times, no number of epipens is going to bring you back. If you lose an engagement, it doesnt mean you dust it off and start over in 30 seconds. Dead is dead. This is a game, said rules dont apply.

Lets look at this in a reasonable fashion guys:
                              1. X Number of hours on a training server are required to play.
                              BAD BAD BAD IDEA. Why? Simple: do you know what I use training servers for? Screwing around. So does every other seasoned PR player. Training servers are places where you can do silly helicopter stunts, have bumper-cars style tank battles, FAV races, etc etc etc. So requiring some kind of training server commitment would only foster bad behavior on real servers from people who dont know better.

2. AA-type training program.
                              Nice in theory, impossible in practice. PR is WAY too diverse for that. Ever gone through the training in ArmA? It teaches you about 1/1000th of what you actually need to play. PR would be just as ineffective. Simply too much information to learn from a training course thats less than 12-15 hours long.

3. Quiz on PR-related stuff.
                              Ineffective. One word: Google.

4. Ranking system.
                              Again, horrible idea. I've had plenty of rounds in which I scored extremely low on the points scale because I was doing things like being a spotter for a sniper, riding third seat as an engineer in a tank that never took damage (pre-0.85 obviously), and a myriad of other reasons. But would any of you hesitate to say that I'm a competent PR player? No. I know the game inside and out. I've used every kit in the game effectively. I've played every role, driven every vehicle, flown every aircraft and shot every weapon to the point where I'm comfortable in saying that while I may not be the best, I'm certainly up to the task if I'm needed for any job in the game. Furthermore, theres WAY too many variables for a ranking system. How easy would it be to go on a training server with one other person and just drive around having tank battles for hours, racking up tens of thousands of points until everything in the game is unlocked to you. PR ditched the BF2 ranking system for a number of reasons, and there is no good argument for bringing it back.

Lest we forget, gentlemen (and I use the term very loosely), that we have resources at our disposal. As Charity said, TRAIN PEOPLE YOURSELVES. Give them a positive environment to play in. Dont just bark orders at them. Work with them so that they understand why things are the way they are. Have a good grasp of TG's server rules (if you dont already then you...well, I wont open that can of worms) and pass that along to the "noobs" you see and deal with.

Dont be afraid to take punitive measures against smacktards who wont listen. If you tell a guy in your squad not to grab a sniper kit and he does anyway, boot him from the squad. If the continues breaking rules, REPORT HIM. We have a very dilligent admin staff that WILL take care of problem players, but they are not omnipotent and need your help. Every player on the TG server is a watchdog to help keep the server clean and fun. If thats too much to ask, then you should question why you're choosing to ignore a problem you'd like to complain about instead of being part of the solution.

Bottom line guys, no amount of training programs or game time or questions asked is going to train a non-TG player to our mentality of mature gaming. YOU are the only ones that can do that through your own actions. So quit trying to find cop-out solutions when the obvious answer is staring you in the face every time you look in the mirror. Literally.

Time to knuckle up, Gentlemen.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X