12 man, 2 squad 'Platoons'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 man, 2 squad 'Platoons'

Anyone want to do something where 2 squads interact with each other to accomplish objectives with ease or on a larger scale? I'd like to try this out after I'm done with my MECH INF stuff.

Give me time to get dates and rest together. School holidays are here for me and I've really got to Squad Leading, so I want to experiment with some things for fun.

sigpic

Re: 12 man, 2 squad 'Platoons'

Get on Mumble/Teamspeak, or should I say, at least find the right people there.

What you speak of is being done daily, Berlancic.

Cheers :)

|

Comment

Originally posted by warlab View Post
      Get on Mumble/Teamspeak, or should I say, at least find the right people there.

What you speak of is being done daily, Berlancic.

Cheers :)
      Indeed...Had a good round yesterday on Al Basra were my squad and another were doing some mech inf with the landies.

Still I agree with Berlancic that this should be done more oftern.

Comment

Yeah i was on that round, My squad and wickens squad grouped up a few times at one point having a, like you said 12 man platoon, for the most part it worked well.

However we found our selfes getting overwhelmed by the insurgents getting in superior respawn compared to us.

Knowing when to fall back is key to situations like those especially when running 2 squads, if you have some in experienced players players they will tend to get distracted and follow the SM rather than SL and things turn ugly very fast :P.
        PR ingame name - |TG-Irr| SilverJohn

Comment

always love to see this done.... definitely makes for a more enjoyable and usually much more intense game.

Comment

I think I was there as well, stuck at the FB with molotovs raining down from all sides. Was pretty hellish.
            "In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
            - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Comment

actually played with Fuzzhead and one of the other devs where this pretty much happened.

both squads had a "SL" but were being commanded by 1 person, so you had in essence an assault and a support team.

These Things We Do... That Other's May Live

Comment

Operation Honey Badger? Where the whole team works together...

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzhead View Post
                  always love to see this done.... definitely makes for a more enjoyable and usually much more intense game.
                  Remember Op Barracuda a few days ago, 3 squads working together. I absolutely loved those amphibious assaults. I just can imagine being on the Chinese side and seeing 6 or 8 boats shooting crazily and coming towards me. I'd just be laughing all day.

sigpic

Comment

Crawlingeye set up a whole thing for multi-squad interaction. You may want to talk to him as he put a ton of time into the multi-squad coordination idea already. You may want to work together on the idea.
                    sigpic

Comment

We do with teamspeak. But yes, everytime forces are pooled, there should be a lieutnant to coordinate it all. The chinese need it badly on qwai to coordinate their ground troops and armor in an assault.

Comment

Platoon type situations are usually best on insurgent maps, where one squad repeatedly trying to attack a given cache just loses the team tickets, and gains little.

Comment

I've done this before where I just led two full squads, working as fireteams, using Mumble.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X