X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 1.50 Patch News

http://www.totalgamingnetwork.com/ma...d.php?t=190029

Originally posted by www.totalgamingnetwork.com
    News about the latest 1.50 patch has just been reported by DICE, courtesy of TGN member Grasli; check it out:
    Firstly, sorry I have been away for so long, its been a busy time. So here as per request in a number of threads here is an update to where we are with 1.50.

* Yes its still coming
    * We have been working on a few things to do with DRM as old versions of Battlefield 2 use an old version of SafeDisc
    * We have had a number of last minute hacks appear which we have made fixes for to help stabalise the servers.
    * We have a minor issue to solve with the Chinese version of the game.

While I can't give an exact date, we are aiming to release our first Beta towards the end of April '09 as long as everything else goes well.

So, what is this about DRM? While DRM will still remain on Battlefield, the DICE team is looking to remove the requirement for the Battlefield DVD to be in the disk drive during game startup.

What we are looking at doing for Battlefield is removing the requirement for the DVD to be in the drive during boot up. Whether we can get this going is what we are checking. It won't limit your installs on other machines or limit how many times you can install though.

Additionally, Bazajaytee of DICE gave us a 1.50 change log:

FEATURES
    - Additional support for Windows Vista.
    - Added Highway Tampa as a required map.
    - Added a new map called Operation Blue Pearl.
    GAMEPLAY TWEAKS
    - Changes made to both the J10 and F35B to make them more balanced. Please note that the J10 is a superior dogfighter to the F35B and as such these two aircraft will never be equally matched.
    - AA targeting tweaked to make it more effective.
    - Added checks to prevent "runway grieving".
    - Various changes made to prevent cheating.
    - Tweaked the hit detection, hits will be more accurate to the model.

However, it was stated that for legal reasons, one item is missing from the change log which will be present in the open beta release; it appears that the Battlefield community will need to wait on that front.

Source: EA forums

Re: BF2 1.50 Patch News

I know they advertise Project Reality when you log into Battlefield 2, interesting that there is no mention in regards to PR and if this new patch will affect PR working or not. I would imagine it would since PR is built on the most recent patch (the 1.41 if i am not mistaken).

Blue Pearl? Surprised blue balls wasn't a name choice, ha.
    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    NYS EMT-B
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
      I know they advertise Project Reality when you log into Battlefield 2, interesting that there is no mention in regards to PR and if this new patch will affect PR working or not. I would imagine it would since PR is built on the most recent patch (the 1.41 if i am not mistaken).
      Yes, installing the 1.50 patch will break PR until a hotfix is released.

Comment

Just like 2142, now Bf2 will soon have a 1.50.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Charity Case View Post
          yes, this has got to be the crunch for us, dont patch till pr devs give the green light

Comment

Originally posted by Charity Case View Post
            Yeppers. Means more testing for stability as opposed to testing new PR content. I would expect this to delay .9, how much, however, would be how fast the DEVs can get a working hotfix.

Also, since the news states that only a beta of 1.50 will be released at the end of April, I'd wait on the final release of the patch and/or the DEVs word before installing the new patch if you'd still like to play PR. (That is, unless you'd like to see what this Blue Pearl madness is all about) ;)

| |

Comment

might install it to my laptop and see what its like

Comment

Originally posted by browna3 View Post
                might install it to my laptop and see what its like
                same here

Comment

Sounds good.

Prolly install it on my home server, and test it there.

Comment

I remembered a trick
                    goto c drive and copy the whole of your bf2 directory
                    then beta patch, it applies to the bf2 folder and leaves the copy folder alone
                    then you can rename the folders to switch between beta and original

Comment

Originally posted by Exploding_Silver View Post
                      I remembered a trick
                      goto c drive and copy the whole of your bf2 directory
                      then beta patch, it applies to the bf2 folder and leaves the copy folder alone
                      then you can rename the folders to switch between beta and original
                      Sounds simple enough. Good info for those who want to try the patch and still retain the ability to play PR.

| |

Comment

So, what is this about DRM? While DRM will still remain on Battlefield, the DICE team is looking to remove the requirement for the Battlefield DVD to be in the disk drive during game startup.
                        Great! I 've only been using the no-DVD image for 4 years.

Additional support for Windows Vista
                        Game works fine under Vista, so if all this means that we get a new BF2.EXE so we can run textures on high, they 're a bit late.

Tweaked the hit detection, hits will be more accurate to the model
                        If this applies to PR it might actually be something good, but I doubt it will.

We have had a number of last minute hacks appear which we have made fixes for to help stabalise the servers
                        This is probably the only thing they need to fix... stop those hacks from CTD'ing everyone.

Tbh, I have no expectations from this patch. They told us they were planning the 1.50 BETA before christmas, but then we didn't hear anything from them until now (and the minor update last month). If they even fix the CTD hack, I 'm pretty sure the devs will update the hack within weeks... knowing that it takes EA/DICE about two years to fix it doesn't really give us high hopes now does it.

Oh, and it seems they decided not to include official WS support... in stead we get one new map while there are thousands of community maps already available.
                        Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

All I was hoping for from the patch was widescreen support and hacker fixes. Looks like I might only get 1 of those.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Vaporware

POE2 Developer

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkenPirate View Post
                              Vaporware
                              EAware[n]: software(patches, etc..) that doesnt fix current problems, only adds new ones or fixes things that already have a workaround.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X