Mumble?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mumble?

Is there a official mumble for the server? Just wondering.

Thanks.

Re: Mumble?

a quick search for mumble using the excellent search function of this forum gives you this: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...t-reality.html
    sigpic
    "Danger could be my middle name, but it's John..." Eddie Izzard

Comment

tg has no official server, But there is a server hosted by realitymod.com that have given tg there own channels for us to use.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...t-reality.html
      for more info

Comment

Oh wow... I feel stupid.

Thanks though.

AND I can't connect...

Comment

the ip got changed, not sure if they updated it in the thread yet...

new IP (April 10th, 2009):
          205.234.153.178:64738

Comment

Yeah, I figured it out, thanks though

Comment

Really hope to see more TGrs on mumble.

The 10th almost fully commited. If it wasn't for that whole admin thing you wouldn't see me on TS
              doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Yeah, i dunno why mumble hasnt caught on as much as it has with other servers, maybe its because we dont have our own private one. Regardless it's an awesome tool and hope to see more people on it.

ITS NOT JUST A GIMMICK

Comment

Its a great tool.. Since Ive been using it I have seen "MULTIPLE" opprotunities where it would have completely changed the way an engagement turned out...

"APC... the Bomb TRUCK is around the corner!!!"
                  "APC... RPG in that tower East of you!!!"

"Hey, [insert blueguys name here] you dont want to go around that corner!!"

Of course you try to type it, but halfway throught the sentance the deed is done..
                  Its much better than TS because, you are only talking to the guys next to you, so it cuts down on the random Comms Crap you have to deal with..

Comment

Mumble is good :)
                    |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Originally posted by llPANCHOll View Post
                      Its much better than TS because, you are only talking to the guys next to you, so it cuts down on the random Comms Crap you have to deal with..
                      Yes, but what happens if you want to communicate to a CAS squad or an APC squad that is not standing right next to you...

I have yet to try it and I 'm sure it 's fun when used properly, but I don't think it will ever replace TS.
                      Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost Dog View Post
                        Yes, but what happens if you want to communicate to a CAS squad or an APC squad that is not standing right next to you...

I have yet to try it and I 'm sure it 's fun when used properly, but I don't think it will ever replace TS.
                        You have the option to do a talk to all, exactly the same as TS.

Comment

I have limited experience with mumble and what I have it have not been something that I would rely on. the force to center (speak to all) didn't put out good quality and I was unable to block the background chatter there was. It seemed like people thought that they could chat because they couldn't be heard by the guys on the other side of the map. I am usually able to cut out people chatting (unless they are too loud or its too much, but to a limited extent) so I can hear what is important and ignore the rest. For some reason I am unable to do this with mumble, dont ask me why I just ain't and that annoys me to death because then i can't hear anything of what is going on around me.

I don't like using it and therefore have stopped. I will probably only switch when there are no squadleaders to be found in TS anymore.
                          If people are becoming so bored when playing that they have to resort to this immature behaviour I will give them something to do, call it a project. The project is "appeal a ban". - Wicks

Comment

a major advantage is the improvement of teamplay - you quickly lose the nasty "blue vs. green" thinking!

when a "blue guy" interacts with you directly he becomes your comrade and not some fool who has no clue (doesn't know what you want him to do... how could he, he can't read minds)
                            it effectively increases your squad to all greens + blues in the area

you do not have to worry about having to filter for relevance - when someone next to you sais it it IS 95% of the time relevant - on the other hand no useless chatter from things that happen on the other end of the map

<3 mumble

Comment

Mumble is an awesome program and I'd love to see more TGers using it. When compared to TS, it has a couple of big advantages and a few disadvantages.

+ Positional VOIP allows easy inter-squad coordination without the excess verbal chatter.
                              + Subchannels further streamline communication between team members.
                              - Client-side settings allow unscrupulous/ignorant users to cheat.

The biggest disadvantages of mumble is that it's not integrated into the TG community like TS is, and this is the reason mumble will never fully replace TS. TS provides community and convenience by having all users in all games in one interface. Even if we do get our own mumble server, you won't be able to see and talk to all your friends playing ARMA or 2142 like you can with TS.

Here are my suggestions:

1) We get our own mumble server instead of using the PR community's.
                              2) We have two separate channels, one for each team, with leadership subchannels, at least until the sound settings are standardized and no longer client-side.
                              3) We create a PR mumble channel in TS where mumble users can set themselves as "away", so that TS users can see who's using mumble and contact them if necessary.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X