Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't litter the battlefield

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Don't litter the battlefield

    Many of you are aware, and this isn't directed towards those who are aware and who do not do this, but in .85 every vehicle costs tickets (not including being an insurgent on an insurgency map)....
    As you all know from the manual and from in-game.

    I wanted to just add a note that recently I have seen the battlefield (more maps than others) being littered with vehicles, mostly transport trucks, engineer cars, some logistic trucks a .50 cal hummvw here and there, Hummvw transports and the random BTR last weekend on EJOD in the sand dunes.

    Make a note that if you travel in one of these vehicles and plan on dismounting it, make sure you:
    A) Hide the vehicle at least if you dismount from it.

    B) Have a squad member drive it back and get transport to your current or future location, tell the CO so another squad can pick it up, or update your teammates that you plan on returning it later.

    C) Don't leave it in the open, you might as well have driven it up to the enemy main because the chances of it being destroyed and resulting in your team losing those tickets is 99.99999999999999repeating%.

    D) Don't use logistic trucks for personal transport/abandoning it when you reach where you want to go - we all know this just thought it should be included.

    You may agree to disagree with me on the above, but think about the team tickets and if it is really worth it to leave it anywhere you think you feel entitled to.
    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    NYS EMT-B
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

    sigpic




    Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."


  • #2
    Re: Don't litter the battlefield

    I think it's a pretty grey area and more of a flaw on the developers part in having vehicles cost so many tickets. I hate having to ask one man to take a truck back to main then grab a ride or hoof it all the way back for a simple truck.

    Most casual gamers just want to chill out and kill some bad guys, I don't want to come home and then have to ride trucks about like a courier. There really has to be another way of making vehicles important assets to victory.
    Before the effect one believes in different causes than one does after the effect.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Don't litter the battlefield

      I like the fact that assets are valued... You wont see people abandoning their vehicles in the field in real life.. And that is one of my pet peeves....

      Casual Gamers that think that if it drives, its a great way for them to get to the action and shoot at someone.. get shot themselves.. and loose the vehicle.

      Unless we roll the thing straight away, usually the Tenth takes pride in the longevity of our transport.... (untill someone jumps in it and drives away to their death)

      Good Point Randy..

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Don't litter the battlefield

        Originally posted by <1sk>Headshot View Post
        I think it's a pretty grey area and more of a flaw on the developers part in having vehicles cost so many tickets. I hate having to ask one man to take a truck back to main then grab a ride or hoof it all the way back for a simple truck.

        Most casual gamers just want to chill out and kill some bad guys, I don't want to come home and then have to ride trucks about like a courier. There really has to be another way of making vehicles important assets to victory.
        Stay away from Arma, I haven't played since the beginning of fall 2008 or the end of the summer 2008, but I am pretty sure they haven't come up with a vehicle teleport yet, nor is there one in existence now.

        Personally I think it adds to some realism and shows just how important they are......but if you can't return it, hide it....

        I have just seen many vehicles left in the wide open lately, sometimes when I have come across them, especially those on my own side i am astonished that the enemy team hasn't destroyed them because if anyone knows from being in a squad with me, i will deny the enemy of transportation/tickets with every chance I get.
        Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
        Level II Volunteer FireFighter
        Level I HazMat Technician
        NYS EMT-B
        Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

        sigpic




        Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
        RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
        Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
        Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
        We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Don't litter the battlefield

          I would argue that loss of assets costs more than just tickets. You may have just joined the game, spawned in at the main and found a vehicle to solo up to the front with, but now you might be denying an entire squad and all of the firepower that they represent a legitimate use of the asset.

          It's just a silly and selfish use of an asset, although I will agree with Randy here; at least hide the damned thing and hide it next to a rally or FB.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Don't litter the battlefield

            A part in keeping the battlefield "litter-free" is to get people to use the APC's as intended, for transporting troops safely and not use it as a light tank. To many times I've had to run with my squad from main just because no transport was available, with the apc's on the other side of the map trying to score as many kills as possible. If we could get more people to do transports, less vehicles would be abandoned.

            Also remember that if you do get stuck at main with no transport, try requesting a pickup, either through TS or in teamchat, and try to be a bit patient as well. You will do your team a big favor if you spare a couple of minutes waiting for a transport then if you grab that supply truck and drive it to the middle of nowhere.
            sigpic
            "Danger could be my middle name, but it's John..." Eddie Izzard

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Don't litter the battlefield

              99.9 repeating is equal to 100. :)

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Don't litter the battlefield

                Originally posted by Fivenine View Post
                A part in keeping the battlefield "litter-free" is to get people to use the APC's as intended, for transporting troops safely and not use it as a light tank. To many times I've had to run with my squad from main just because no transport was available, with the apc's on the other side of the map trying to score as many kills as possible. If we could get more people to do transports, less vehicles would be abandoned.

                Also remember that if you do get stuck at main with no transport, try requesting a pickup, either through TS or in teamchat, and try to be a bit patient as well. You will do your team a big favor if you spare a couple of minutes waiting for a transport then if you grab that supply truck and drive it to the middle of nowhere.
                That's what I am talking about..........glad to see you post about APC's, though I don't seen many people littering the battlefield with them.......i wonder why........ - sarcasm.

                APC's are a good step of helping to stop all the litter and make the battlefield more green, and filled with more dead bodies which are waiting to be revived.

                And no, they don't stand for "Annoying People Charger", its the other way around: "Armored Personnel Carrier." Think of them as taxi's with AP or Heat Bullets, a side mounted .50 cal, a single .50cal or some come with the occasional long range TOW or Russian equivalent. I read somewhere and it might be a urban legend, but supposedly when troops go into combat on the modern battlefield they use these "APC's" as a form of transportation and the APC covers them, and if more troops are needed for transport they will regroup and pick up those troops and bring them to the frontlines as well. But don't quote me on that.

                But the APC topic is another topic altogether but it is a good way to help keep our Project Reality Battlefield litter free and it will in the long run save your team quite a few tickets especially when they are needed.
                Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                Level I HazMat Technician
                NYS EMT-B
                Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

                sigpic




                Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Don't litter the battlefield

                  Yeah, I've been seeing alot of scattered vehicles as well. Damn litterbugs.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Don't litter the battlefield

                    Another thing I have noticed too is that players are attempting to operate vehicles on a full server that can't do it worth a damn and crash them (mostly Air assets) I think if you want to learn you shoud start out on a training server or when the server is less populated not 62/64
                    |TG-Irr| Zantheus

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Don't litter the battlefield

                      Originally posted by Zantheus View Post
                      Another thing I have noticed too is that players are attempting to operate vehicles on a full server that can't do it worth a damn and crash them (mostly Air assets) I think if you want to learn you shoud start out on a training server or when the server is less populated not 62/64
                      I tried Transporting in a li'l bird on Qwai 64 once when the server was full. I made it about 20ft in the air then my LB decided to be funny and barrel roll onto a roof, killing me. Luckily, my passenger(Cougar or Bullseye) decided to just simply hop out and continue his journey on foot.

                      It was pretty embarrassing.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Don't litter the battlefield

                        I thought this thread was going to be about commanders spamming markers for "ENEMY SPOTTED" all over the map, hehe
                        |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Don't litter the battlefield

                          Originally posted by Axis_Sniper View Post
                          I tried Transporting in a li'l bird on Qwai 64 once when the server was full. I made it about 20ft in the air then my LB decided to be funny and barrel roll onto a roof, killing me. Luckily, my passenger(Cougar or Bullseye) decided to just simply hop out and continue his journey on foot.

                          It was pretty embarrassing.
                          you have to let the helicopter warm up, one simply does not jump into a helicopter and fly to mordor immediately.
                          Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                          Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                          Level I HazMat Technician
                          NYS EMT-B
                          Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

                          sigpic




                          Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                          RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                          Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                          Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                          We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Don't litter the battlefield

                            Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
                            you have to let the helicopter warm up, one simply does not jump into a helicopter and fly to mordor immediately.
                            I waited the 30 seconds, but I guess the LB wasn't keeping count because it just decided to roll into a house.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Don't litter the battlefield

                              I carpooled with you in a MEC Engineer truck on Kashan today, Randy. Helped keep that desert litter free.

                              Save the whales...

                              Comment

                              Connect

                              Collapse

                              TeamSpeak 3 Server

                              Collapse

                              Advertisement

                              Collapse

                              Twitter Feed

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X