Kashan 4/15 11PM Eastern

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kashan 4/15 11PM Eastern

Probably one of the funnest games I've played on PR and lost (by a lot I might add). We were the ones that built a fb up north under the bridge midway through the game. We destroyed tank after tank and repelled everything that came up. Somewhere in there we shot a chopper down too.

Props to Floody (my HAT guy), Charity Case (intel), Axis sniper (aa and medic), and the others for hanging in there and making it a great battle. I'd love to hear from the rest of the crew about the battle.

Re: Kashan 4/15 11PM Eastern

That was fun, I love Kashan 16 and 64, but I hate 32. The round itself was awesome. Just sitting 1000m away from north village shooting HATs at people was extremely fun.
    Last edited by Axis_Sniper; 04-16-2009, 10:28 AM.

Comment

I think this was the game I jumped into last night. In a four-man infantry squad, we took on a squad of MEC in the ruined compound between north bunker and north village and managed somehow to survive a rampaging BTR (or whatever their APC is) with infantry support long enough for the A-10 to give it a flyby. It was pretty intense!
      |TG-6th|Belhade
      "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

Originally posted by Belhade View Post
        I think this was the game I jumped into last night. In a four-man infantry squad, we took on a squad of MEC in the ruined compound between north bunker and north village and managed somehow to survive a rampaging BTR (or whatever their APC is) with infantry support long enough for the A-10 to give it a flyby. It was pretty intense!
        Yeah, I believe it was. We had a little scrapyard in our FB. 2 T-72s, an Abrams, and that little Scout Chopper the MEC gets. We used the carcasses as a little fort against the avenging MEC armor that was coming upon us.

Comment

I actually came here to post about that amazing round as well!
          I was the SL of the squad in the ruins between North Village and North Bunker, and I was going to post so I could find out who else was in my squad so I could do ribbon nominations.
          We had US enemies attacking from all 4 directions, and were able to hold them off for a good part of the round. We had that HAT team and some armor to the north, Armor and a sniper to the east, and a squad constantly hounding us from the south. At the end the guys along the wall of the bunker complex to our east was a final straw.

We had to rebuild the FB so many times I lost track, between the HAT shooting and the A-10 straffings. I was truly running scared when I heard the A-10 coming overhead.

Anyway, anyone that can remember who else was in my squad, please post. I know one of the "Disco" guys and "MEFBRAVO" was, but can't remember who else.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

By far one of the best rounds I have played on PR. That's what I love about PR, TG, and this community. Prolonged battles, that are fought with thought and teamwork, rather then my bunny hopping nephews.

On the hill that I can remember:
            Bamboo
            Disco 256
            Mef
            MP40
            garand
            and one or two others that I can't remember- fly by something

Kudos to the US on that whole AO. You wiped out our tanks right as we took the hill and started moving towards north village. one minute we had a three tank column and the next minute they were gone. We had to pull back as you built the firebase and were cutting us down as we attempted to move in on NV. Meanwhile, the A-10 was making runs over us, sometimes on us, and to a relatively new player to PR, the A-10 is a very sobering experience.

So we built the FB and decided to hold some key ground. Long story short, as things heated up. We still had infantry towards north Village, a squad had pushed up to the south ridge, north side had armor, snipers, and HAT kit, and finally, a squad had pushed up from North Bunker into the ditches to our west cutting us off from friendly forces. As the armor and HAT kits were making ruins of our FB and the already ruined village I could only think of.....

Remember the Alamo!

We held out well and focused our fire where we could. We were one squad with little support. Teaching Moment: that experience showed the true value of having a firebase, shovels, and medics. Without the FB we would have been toast on that hill a while back, and with the shovels and some sweat, we were able to keep it up and hold it for as long as we did.

Overall, great fun for both sides, and the type of engagement that I have only found PR to deliver.

See you down range...
            Mef

Comment

That's the same thing that was happening to us on North Outpost. We had BMPs and T-72s on us constantly, we got armor support a couple of times, but they were quickly destroyed each time. It was very VERY intense.

Comment

yea that was fun ,great sqd work major budha . still dont understand why when there are sqds named (Hat or sniper) people in other sqds like to grab the hat or sniper ?seems to me it defeats the purpose of having custom sqd names or jobs when other sqds take guns . ..but im not going to bitch about it anymore... still was a great round with you guys , lets do that again :)

Comment

I was able to stay most of round, leaving a little early before it ended. Was flying CAS in the SU-25 for MEC and it was a blast. Have to say I was a little scared on my take off and landings since it had been a few months since I last touched a jet.

Most of the round was strafing North Village with the 100s of mini-rockets I get, as well as coming in for Cougar's lasers frequently. Dropped some bombs for Bamboo, and got some tanks by NV thanks to (dalte? I think?) who was shootin' out lasers in the middle of it all.

Thanks to my MiG pilot, Ghengis, who shot down the F-16 minutes after the jets spawned.

Great round gentlemen!

| |

Comment

Originally posted by Belhade View Post
                    Give me a ping, Vasili. One ping only, please.
                    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                    Level I HazMat Technician
                    NYS EMT-B
                    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...