PR Peripherals (PR Hardware)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PR Peripherals (PR Hardware)

Have we already done a thread for PR equipment - is it outdated... ??? Anyway, what are some cool stuff to have besides a keyboard and a mouse... ??

Keyboard
    I have a Steel Series Fang - It is actually a ZBoard but a group called Steel Series (professional gaming gear) has the same exact thing and they call it a Steel Series Fang.

One can set it up to work with PR. It sits to the left of my keyboard has many pertinant keys in one place.

http://www.steelseries.com/us/produc...ng/information

Mouse

What type of mouse should one get ??? Are they all the same.

Joystick

I don't fly much so a pilot can best answer this one.

mics

People still play pr ON A TG SERVER !!! Without a mic ... AAHHHH !!! What mic options can we suggest they get. I got one from walmart as a gift for $10.00 It rather was pathetic so the gift giving person got me a $20.00 Logitech it is great ...

Just a stand alone mic - It sits on desk and is crystal clear ..... compared to my headset I used. No more calliflower ears..

Ok so maybe give the noobs and uninformed vets like me the skinny on what we should be using ..

Re: PR Peripherals (PR Hardware)

My suggestion would be not to waste money on expensive keyboards or mice They usually just break anyways, and then you're screwed. Some may disagree with me, but that's my opinion. Of course, don't go TOO cheap.

Now, joysticks are a different story. Make sure you get a good one. I like Saitek a lot, but I don't fly in PR, so someone else can give you better advice.

The most important aspect with a mic is making sure it's comfortable (if you get a headset, like I do).

Comment

After writing up a synopsis of all my peripherals and providing links, Firefox crashed and lost it all.

Anyways, I use a Dell Multimedia keyboard, Logitech G5 mouse, Extreme 3D Pro joystick and Clearchat Comfort Pro headset. Yes I love Logitech gear!
      |TG-6th|Belhade
      "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

All I can say is:

[media]http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z32/Largamelion/DSC03502.jpg[/media]

Great mouse, great keyboard.

You can find the rest in my Xfire profile.
        Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

Oh man, I had a G7. Too bad the USB drive thingy that connects the mouse to the computer broke... So now I'm stuck with a G7 that can't be used at all...

Keyboard looks fantastic as well. What the hell is that screen for on the top of the keyboard?

Comment

I have a razer lazer mouse that I am quite happy with. Especally travelling the lazer version is a must over just an optical mouse. I think it really helps in PR as well.

I just use a keyboard extension - Modware Cyber Snipa keypad. I find it is easier to use than a regular keyboard due to the layout.

I think the video is rather important for PR. I am using a ATI Radeon 4800 card that seems to do very well on high everything settings.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Axis_Sniper View Post
              Keyboard looks fantastic as well. What the hell is that screen for on the top of the keyboard?
              That 's the best feature :):

[media]http://users.telenet.be/ghostdog/pictures/Other/G15TG.jpg[/media]

You can put all kind of stuff on it, I usually put Teamspeak on it so I can see which channel I 'm in and who 's talking.

PS: PR 0.613 lol, that screeny is old :D.

Comment

I use;

Logitech MX laser (although you might wanna go for the 518 which is ligther)
                Logitech G15 keyboard
                Sennheiser 151 headset
                Graphics card= Ati HD4870

Comment

G15

G5

Zero mouse pad A must for any gamer.
                  doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Although twitch isn't very decisive in PR, it never hurts to be prepared. :) A mic is the most important thing in PR and teamwork gaming in general for me.

I use:

- Sennheiser PC 350 Pro headset (awesome headset! Clear MIC-sound and fantastic noise-cancelling headphones)
                    - Razer Deathadder mouse
                    - Razer Destructor mouse-pad with wrist support
                    - Nostromo N52 gamepad (great for twitch)
                    - Saitek Eclipse II keyboard (has nice soft backlighting)

Comment

Could I reccomend a gamepad as opposed to a joystick, I just find them easier to use. For myself, I bought a PS2 converter which allows me to use PS2 Controllers on my PC, though Xbox 360 controllers can be bought in a usb format for the PC.

Comment

I use
                        Keyboard - Saitek Eclipse 1, the backlighting helps with late-night gaming.

Mouse - Standard Dell optical, I bought a new laser mouse recently and it was horrible, It decreased my twitch reaction in games like TF2 significantly.

Joystick - Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, works great except it doesn't have force-feedback. there is the Force 3D Pro that costs a little more though

Headset - I originally bought the Turtle Beach X-52 headset and loved it. It has true 5.1 surround sound and a very nice mic. Then one day I stepped on it and it broke and the local store was out of the item so I bought the more expensive Turtle Beach HPA2. The HPA2 is $100 but is the most sexy crystal clear headset ever with a mic that makes me sound like a sexy beast...oooooh yeeeaaaah... Then I pushed it too hard and the bass finally went out on it and I'm back to the X-52s.

I also use a massive mousepad.

Comment

If your looking for a cheap mouse try a logitech MX518, i had mine for years and its perfect for gaming. Recently upgraded to a G9 for my desktop which is pretty good but a bit wasted on PR due to the heavy emphasis on built in macros etc. I would also say try and find a mouse with on the fly DPI change, it comes in handy alot, e.g. lowering DPI for sniping to be extra precise, or increaseing it for gunning in armour so you can move the turret swiftley.

I also have a Zboard fang which is pretty good, especially if your using a laptop with a smaller keyboard (AFAIK steelseries recently bought ideazon the previous makers). I have a pretty old G11 on my desktop wich i might upgrade when i get the cash, take a look at the new G19 from logitech, basicly and upgraded G15.

Extreme 3d Pro joystick - but i dont use it that much, its much simpler just to rack up the mouse sensitivity and use that and the keyboard.

I would get a decent gaming mat aswell, dont nkow how much difference it makes but i have a Razer goliath control for my laptop which is very smooth, and a very large mat for my desktop which works well for flying and tank gunning etc.

My mic/headset is a creative fatal1ty gaming series (analogue one), which i went for because its jsut plug in and use which if usefell for bf2, my previous logitech usb headset had to be plugged in when you started the pc for it to work ingame, not that much of a big deal but it annoyed me enough.

Comment

Originally posted by ollie_fool View Post
                            I would also say try and find a mouse with on the fly DPI change, it comes in handy alot, e.g. lowering DPI for sniping to be extra precise, or increaseing it for gunning in armour so you can move the turret swiftley.
                            Definitely good advice, I use this a lot on my G7 when I 'm gunning in tanks, APCs or whatever... the low DPI is very good for long distance precision ;).

[media]http://images.topproduct.nl/img/norm/high/792342-3586.jpg[/media]

This is my headset, it 's from some cheap brand called Typhoon (only 30 for this one). When connected to USB it has 2 extra stands for bass boost. I 've been using this headset for a couple of years now and one problem I have with it is that it hurts my head after an hour because it 's too narrow (or my head is too big :p). Sound quality is very good though but ever since the bass boost got broken, I 'm on the lookout for something else... something I can wear for more than an hour without it hurting my ears. Don't want to spend more than 50$ on it though. Any advice is appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost Dog View Post
                              That 's the best feature :):

[media]http://users.telenet.be/ghostdog/pictures/Other/G15TG.jpg[/media]

You can put all kind of stuff on it, I usually put Teamspeak on it so I can see which channel I 'm in and who 's talking.

PS: PR 0.613 lol, that screeny is old :D.
                              Can you supply a link for the server status plugin??

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X