Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disconnecting Squad Members

So.

I don't know if it's just me, but as of late I've had a LOT of bad luck with disconnecting squad members.

My pilot flying a full squad in Al Jabal... (fphew... boom)

My gunner on my Tow Humvee while facing an APC (chugga chugga chugga booom)

My driver on my humvee in the midst of karbala with two RPGS chasing us on rooftops (BOOM).

My Gunner on my humvee with a Big Red racing down on us.

My LB pilot with half my squad on it including me flying down into Muttrah.

My HAT kit guy when the APC races around the corner - D/Cs RIGHT when it turns after having a shot lined up.

My Engineer when an entire enemy squad + apc crosses a bridge.... No kaboom.

My medic when I've got a squad of 5 and have two hats, plus infantry squad bearing down on us and not enough time to have the kit kept alive.

I don't know. This week has been frustrating for disconnects.

Some have been for the Supporting Member kick, I wish there was a way to have it give a warning to you saying "You are Next in Line to be Kicked for a Supporting Member" that way I don't give that player any critical assignments.

That would have reduced half my accidents!

Ex
    ? is around the corner.
    ? did that come from.
    ? killed me.
    ? Who, What, Where. All the time.
    The Question Mark.

Re: Disconnecting Squad Members

Originally posted by Exakter View Post

Some have been for the Supporting Member kick, I wish there was a way to have it give a warning to you saying "You are Next in Line to be Kicked for a Supporting Member" that way I don't give that player any critical assignments.

Ex

i would love to know if this was possible

Comment

When a player is being removed 99% of the time for a Supporting Member or for an Aadmin on the top left side of your screen you will see these words pop up:
      "X player you are being removed for a Supporting Member/Admin" then usually there is a few seconds until he is disconnected.

Its the same color and side when a player gets kicked or banned.

If you hop into a chopper with a pilot who isn't a supporting member and he has been on the server for a long time, be wary, or ask him if he has, it doesn't hurt....

This doesn't mean that you only assign kits to people who are SM's but just be careful, especially during busy server times when the larger influx of players joining are SMs. It doesn't hurt to ask, but normally you will see in green letters that x player is being removed, and it should give you enough time to have someone get the kit before he is disconnected, however if you are in a helo, hopefully you are close enough to the water or land to sustain minimal damage upon dismounted, or pray that the chopper just skids to a standstill.
      Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
      Level II Volunteer FireFighter
      Level I HazMat Technician
      NYS EMT-B
      Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
      RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
      Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
      Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
      We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Maybe thats possible in all of your squads, but of late the server has been finicky. I don't see those messages.

I also don't always have the time, or can check out the top of my screen because of ingame situations that are hectic.

I run my squads fast and tight, a little extra warning for the player wouldn't be a bad thing.
        ? is around the corner.
        ? did that come from.
        ? killed me.
        The Question Mark.

Comment

I am no expert, but it simply don't think it is possible to give more warning.

Comment

Originally posted by Exakter View Post
            Maybe thats possible in all of your squads, but of late the server has been finicky. I don't see those messages.

I also don't always have the time, or can check out the top of my screen because of ingame situations that are hectic.

I run my squads fast and tight, a little extra warning for the player wouldn't be a bad thing.
            I hope not fast and tight the way priests run things.......- sarcasm

if you want pm me your number and i will personally call you every time a player is kicked when i see it going across the screen.

I do hear ya, it can be frustrating, but also sometimes it could be connection problems, but as jeepo said there really isn't any other way, it flashes across the screen, if you are looking at the screen and see something on the upper left had side, it will most likely be a player being kicked for something, or kicked for a SM or an admin, but it is pretty obvious for the most part when the letters come up, whether they be from the console or from a command already in place......

The player should be aware of his gaming time, if he's a non-sm.......if he's been on the server for a long while and there is a large influx of SM's connecting, he should be aware that his number might be next, i don't think or do i want the admins alerting everyone who isn't a sm that they are next in line to be kicked, it takes away from their gaming time and isn't needed......its chance, but its those few who are at chance of being kicked if they are on the longest.

Plus, you should see when its at 64, and sometimes a SM gets kicked right as a non-sm slips in......and no warning is given.

as a SL promote the server, promote players to register if they are new, or if they wonder why they get kicked, besides being an SL and a squad member i enjoy talking to players in game about the server, where it is, and try and get even if its only one to take the time to register and to read up on the primers/rules etc and to lead them to where it shows why they could be kicked, or can't get back into the server.

I do understand where you are coming from Exakter.
            Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
            NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepo_SAS View Post
              I am no expert, but it simply don't think it is possible to give more warning.
              Jeepo i almost didn't recognize you with the 22ndRRR tags.....You are an expert, don't be so modest.
              Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
              NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Comment

I've noticed a drastic increase in server lag and the connection problem since I've last played about 3 weeks ago. There also seems to be a lot of people CTD and others who just get disconnected and then it all adds up.

Comment

I could see a message warning someone that they're next in line, IF it was placed on the green message when someone is SM kicked, near the end."Blahblahblah kicked blahblah blah. Next: Mr.Example.Guy."

Comment

WOW. Just 30 seconds ago I got kicked for a supporting member while flying a helicopter.. FML. I literally had NO warning, the moment my game froze to kick me, the green text came up.

Comment

That will most likely cause the next person in line to leave and then rejoin. Then a domino effect will start and it will defeat the purpose of it all.

Startrek this reply isn't directed towards you, just something I just thought while sitting on the commuter train on my way back from work.
                      Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                      NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Maple View Post
                        WOW. Just 30 seconds ago I got kicked for a supporting member while flying a helicopter.. FML I literally had NO warning, the moment my game froze to kick me, the green text came up.
                        Oh noes, well next time pay attention as to how long you've been on for and ask yourself if it's worth taking a chance to fly if you think you might be kicked.

Also at the top of the PR forum you can read stickies on how not to be kicked.

Supporting members shouldn't have to worry if the person who is being kicked for their slot is using an asset or kit. Trust me I don't even think about nor do I really care. The last thing I want to think about after work is that a player in my slot at that time is using an asset or kit.
                        Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                        NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Comment

Randy, have you ever /experienced/ not being a SM? :D

If you leave the server, for more than ten seconds, your spot will be taken.

I remember when I wasn't an SM, I sat there and spammed Refresh List so that I could get in as soon as it went to 61/62.

Comment

Nothing to see here.

Comment

I will say, and I mean no argument with this...

that I've noticed this is usually the biggest problem with one side.

Now I don't want to have the usual shouting and uproar... but when one side has less SM's I've noticed that they have a lot more droppage.

Yesterday was a great example, in 4 seperate maps, I lost 1-2 guys from each of my squads due to SM kick.

Yes I could encourage them to get SM's, but thats not a real fix. The real fix would be to balance out the SMS on each side. Or, if that can't happen, at least give us some warning.

Just last night I lost my medic in a fire team when he was SM kicked, prior to that we had 40-2 as a squad ratio on kashan. After that, we went up to 47-7 way quick, and took a couple more casualities as I tried to rearrange my squad from a 6 man fire team (HAT/AA/Sniper/SL/Medic/LAT) ALL NEEDED trust me, to compensate for a missing medic.

Now, I know I can't 100% say this is JUST an issue for me. I'm sure its not, but I'm placing my bets (LV here i come) to say its more common an issue for one side in particular.

Now, heres a question, if the GREEN text would start a cascade like mentioned above of switching in and out, how does the server recognize the amount of time a player has spent?

Lets presume that NON-SM's don't know the commands or wouldnt check, would I be able to say check the player list (where each player has an ID from 1-64) and would that in anyway be able to tell me who has been on the longest?

Some sort of server command that non-admins could type in to pop something up on our screens could be useful for me at least.
                              ? is around the corner.
                              ? did that come from.
                              ? killed me.
                              The Question Mark.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse