What The Heck? Team Lockage FTK

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What The Heck? Team Lockage FTK

Ok I was just on your server after finally getting on, and I didn't feel like being alone in my own squad, I dont deal well with making decisions, and I was the only new guy anyway. Every single squad that wasn't full(which was like 1) was locked, from 2-5 guys. WT? I thought you guys said your not supposed to do that....Well I asked for long enough that I got kicked for 2 minutes. I amunhappy :'(
    sigpic
    <a href="http://www.metro2033forum.net">metro 2033 forum</a>

Re: What The Heck? Team Lockage FTK

We do not allow one-man locked squads on our server. There is nothing against our server rules for locking with 2 or more.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Perfect time to build up confidence for squad leading ;)

Comment

A great example of a time to go commander and order squads to merge.
        |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

^ Indeed.

I was on that round, I made a logi squad, You should try that, sometimes.

Comment

Small squads can be locked for specific purposes, like a 2-man attack helo or tank squad, or a 3-pilot transport squad. But never just one.
            |TG-6th|Belhade
            "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

Originally posted by snooggums View Post
              A great example of a time to go commander and order squads to merge.
              Just keep in mind that once you leave the CO chair your orders no longer stand.
              |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

I personally prefer manageable squads. You can order me to unlock my squad, but i'm pretty sure you can't order me to play with certain folks, or people who don't play to my standards?

Not actually sure on that but, ... I usually run lock squads when I get fed up with how some people just don't know how to play. Its not a newb issue so much as an intelligence issues. There are plenty of new guys i've helped, but if your slow (as in too slow), or don't follow my orders I'll remove you.

Its a lot easier and more streamlined for me to run a good squad of 3-4 people for example then a full squad with 2 good players and 4 hapless folks.

I should have more patience, but I play for my enjoyment too! and when they start to infringe on mine, I believe it's within my rights to remove them from my squad.
                ? is around the corner.
                ? did that come from.
                ? killed me.
                ? Who, What, Where. All the time.
                The Question Mark.

Comment

I believe Delta's point is that when he joined there were nothing BUT locked squads (and full squads, but thats a non-issue). If thats the case Delta, the quick solution is to hop on teamspeak, grab an admin and ask them to send a server message to unlock some squads. As disposable said, it's not against the rules to lock squads unless they're one man squads OR all of the squads are locked and not allowing newly joined players to get in. If you dont have teamspeak available, you can try chat, and if an admin happens to be watching then you should be ok. If not, well...

Comment

Yeah I have nothing against 2 man atk helo squads or 4 man tank squads, but there were infantry sqs that were stuck at 4 and 5 men each. It was basically what ferris bueller said
                    sigpic
                    <a href="http://www.metro2033forum.net">metro 2033 forum</a>

Comment

Delta, you could always ask the Squad Leader over Team chat(or BETTER.. Team Speak) if he would let you be in his squad. I know if I see someone over Team chat ask me directly to be in my squad I usually find room or keep room as they are someone that will follow my orders directly because they like how I run my squad (thus a better overall experience for my entire squad).

Additionally, I know I sometimes (rarely though) run a small four man squad when I'm not feeling up to the task of running and controlling a 6 man squad. However, if my squad is locked and you ask to get in, I'm more than willing to do what I said before and let you in for that very reason.

Basically, next time you see a squad locked (especially an infantry squad), ask the Squad Leader if you can join up and when you do.. make sure you make a good impression and follow orders (you're more likely to be let back in to that SL's squad again.. or he'll kick someone to let you in if you ask).
                      "If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the people to gather wood, divide the work, and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea."
                      -Antoine De Saint-Exupery

Comment

Originally posted by Namebot View Post
                        Just keep in mind that once you leave the CO chair your orders no longer stand.
                        If the team is that fragmented, the point would be to stay in the chair.
                        |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Originally posted by BoogyLoH View Post
                          Basically, next time you see a squad locked (especially an infantry squad), ask the Squad Leader if you can join up and when you do.. make sure you make a good impression and follow orders (you're more likely to be let back in to that SL's squad again.. or he'll kick someone to let you in if you ask).
                          This is wrong.

As soon as you get in ask the SL for a kit, even if he assigned you rifleman. Then second guess every order he gives. Once you have done those two things its your job to fail at what ever role the Sl has given you. Got a HAT? Miss ever shot. Ammo whore? Toss it down before anyone needs it in the wrong postion. Initate contact when ever you feel like it. Shoot first and then call out.

Follow these tips and I'm sure all SL's will keep their squads un-locked for you.

Also on the locked squad front. Rember that you are not the most important person out there. If you are the last one in, the team has 30 players in locked squads. Forcing them to change for just you is wrong. Saying that your own personal enjoyment is more important than 30 other peoples...

/Rant
                          doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Certain squads require only a certain number of people. For example, squads with assets that only have a certain number of seats/certain number of that type of asset, such as a Humvee squad -- these only have five seats.

Comment

lol @ rant

Im against locked squads but I sympathise with people just not wanting any more hassle.
                              You can be a team player with just one person, its perhaps not as interesting but can be more important.

I often just wander round with a log truck dropping off crates and keeping tabs on the apc so they have a repair crate (maybe at a vital time)

I dont know the offical term but mirror tactics should work well. A mirror image is not an exact duplicate, it is a function of the original. So my idea here is that one guy can help a squad by covering their backs in some way, a steady scope for guys running over a road or whatever.

If you go on teamspeak you have voip & the individual squad thing becomes less relevant. Also if you help people out, often they'll invite you to discuss further actions, etc

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X