Capping out.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capping out.

I just had 3 games in a row that ended by capping out, just as a reminder that most maps have more than enough tickets to do that and that it can be done if a team pushes hard enough.

Re: Capping out.

Pushing hard and checking the other flags arent recapped

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Capping out seems kinda silly in PR.
      |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

MEC is getting capped out in Muttrah as I type this. I don't know what's happening, but I don't like it.

Comment

I personally was there on the capping out side for 4 rounds, in a row. (i believe or maybe 2 and 2 in quick concert)

in my opinion, their needs to be a LOT more tickets on several maps to encourage capping out if the intent is to foster that sort of gameplay.

Otherwise, capping out is as namebot says a bit ridiculous with the way most of the AAS flag are currently set up to be, and the way a lot of teams play the map.

2 of the matches were actually good battles (Qwai and... uhhh I forget!), one was just retarded (Muttrah), and the other was pretty sad too (Ejod).

For three of those rounds we had fairly balanced teams (Regular members on both sides) despite claims that one side was stacked (which, yes, is still a regular occurence), and then we went onto the most retarded map of basrah that made me for the second time in my TG career just ragequit (normally I play each map out even if I dislike it, i'm kinda just like that)

I had fun overall. Though Methinks I'mma have to buy my fellow ? members some TG membership, cause half have it and the other half dont and they always get kicked in me tanks!!

BTW to the 6th Armor team from Kashan - I would have fought you guys more in my tank but the commander (who I swear has never played before) ordered me to literally move my tanks IN bunkers to "SUPPORT SQUAD 3" and being as I had an admin in my squad I couldn't very well ignore that!

Sigh, I think we need some sort of Anti-Stupid Commander !report. Some guys just don't understand how armor assets for example should be used in the big picture!
          ? is around the corner.
          ? did that come from.
          ? killed me.
          ? Who, What, Where. All the time.
          The Question Mark.

Comment

you can always give a commander suggestions. (and i think you dont have to follow "stupid" orders)

I had maps when i played in the field and communicated with a "new/not experienced" commander to give him tips and tricks.

you can !report a commander if he really doesnt command (build order, not in command post, ...)

| | | |

Comment

Cap out vs not seeing the enemy for an hour.
              I wish games had more decisive battles tbh and flags lost took like 50 tickets from the total.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger View Post
                I wish games had more decisive battles tbh and flags lost took like 50 tickets from the total.
                I would say 20 tickets per flag change would be good for game play since it would encourage only taking flags you can hold.
                |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Originally posted by snooggums View Post
                  I would say 20 tickets per flag change would be good for game play since it would encourage only taking flags you can hold.
                  Most maps would probably need a bit of a change in ticket amount overall, as games on say, asad khal, would end quickly if there was an exchange of flags.

However, doing so will also mean that stalemate rounds where no team caps the flags often could result in a slow match.

The key to it is finding a good balance. But a good idea nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by Exakter View Post
                    BTW to the 6th Armor team from Kashan - I would have fought you guys more in my tank but the commander (who I swear has never played before) ordered me to literally move my tanks IN bunkers to "SUPPORT SQUAD 3" and being as I had an admin in my squad I couldn't very well ignore that!

Sigh, I think we need some sort of Anti-Stupid Commander !report. Some guys just don't understand how armor assets for example should be used in the big picture!
                    Two things:
                    1. Bullseye is exactly right. You are required to follow orders that make sense. If you know they're going to get you killed or they're just plain obtuse, you can refute them with the commander and not follow them. The admin in your squad would have told you the same thing. As much as we like to adhere to the "follow orders" policy, we also encourage use of your better judgment when it comes to said orders.

2. If you're having problems with a commander, feel free to report it with the !report command. If its bad enough, the commander may be asked to step down or even get the boot if its really bad.

So either way, next time it happens, you know what to do. I've had plenty of times where a CO has told me to do something dumb (i.e. I want you to park your tanks on the ridgeline so they'll stop using HAT on the infantry in the bunkers) and I responded with "pack sand" or some other appropriate phrase.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger View Post
                      That would give the team that pushes every advantage in the world. That is the beauty of it, if you attempt to cap out the other side you take maybe more losses but win the game in the end.

Comment

Capping out the other team usually requires that sneaky infantry squad thats already in position at the next flag. This tactic is sometimes frowned on by your teamates. You get that, "Hey squad 5, what the hell are you doing over there," comment. But, I like having that kind of squad out there moving around behind enemy lines. I think its useful in alot of ways. Destroying enemy assets, reporting enemy positions, Etc.
                        |TG-X| mp40x

Register for the Forums! | Get on Teamspeak! | Play Squad! | Join Discord! | Support Tactical Gamer!

Comment

Yeah unless you are loosing ground and getting pushed off the map. If that is the case that sneaky squad isn't that useful since they rarely take part in the defensive battle (in my experience) but if the rest of the team is doing all right then ofcourse having someone ready at the next flag is a good thing all it takes is that people look at what is happening around them and act on that instead of only what they want themselves.
                          If people are becoming so bored when playing that they have to resort to this immature behaviour I will give them something to do, call it a project. The project is "appeal a ban". - Wicks

Comment

Originally posted by mp40x View Post
                            Capping out the other team usually requires that sneaky infantry squad thats already in position at the next flag. This tactic is sometimes frowned on by your teamates. You get that, "Hey squad 5, what the hell are you doing over there," comment. But, I like having that kind of squad out there moving around behind enemy lines. I think its useful in alot of ways. Destroying enemy assets, reporting enemy positions, Etc.
                            Or the armor/mounted squad that moves ahead when the current flag is capped before the defenders can fall back, I see that more often then the infiltrated squad.
                            |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

If I see the armour moving ahead alone I usually predict its demise, it seems to work much better in support of troops who can flush out enemies

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X