Thors Brigade Server 5/3/2009

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thors Brigade Server 5/3/2009

With the TG server acting up and simply not playable. We all decided in the TS public channel to try another server. We decided on Thors Brigade. At first we had 1 to 2 squads, then within a round or 2, I think we had like 3 to 4 squads going, maybe more. I'm sure the regulars on the server were quite taken back by this "TG Invasion". All in all it was alot of fun to play on a different server. Maybe we could do this again occasionally in the future. I know the TG guys in Europe really liked their low pings for a change. Then again, a high ping is a small price to pay for the TG servers teamwork I guess.
    |TG-X| mp40x

Register for the Forums! | Get on Teamspeak! | Play Squad! | Join Discord! | Support Tactical Gamer!

Re: Thors Brigade Server 5/3/2009

Whats wrong with the TG server?

In 0.5 I always played on TB server, they had Basrah 24/7 :) Good times!

Comment

Yeah, I tried to get a game on Thor's Brigade, but I just couldn't get on your guys' team. So I gave up and took a nap :)

Comment

Yeah it was fun, especially when t-man tried to go incognito (he was using an old name). I thought it was funny!

Maybe a voice changer will do the trick t-man!?

Comment

I hated it because I have gotten used to compensating for a 100ms ping and how to shoot and I couldn't hit anything when I was playing. It was really frustrating to do that.

I think we should make a TG on tour at some point where we gather up 10-20 people and invade another server. would be fun to do this regularly:)
          If people are becoming so bored when playing that they have to resort to this immature behaviour I will give them something to do, call it a project. The project is "appeal a ban". - Wicks

Comment

Originally posted by Katanama View Post
            I hated it because I have gotten used to compensating for a 100ms ping and how to shoot and I couldn't hit anything when I was playing. It was really frustrating to do that.
            Same here Kat!
            Could hit anything for my life!

Comment

Originally posted by Katanama View Post
              I think we should make a TG on tour at some point where we gather up 10-20 people and invade another server. would be fun to do this regularly:)
              TG on Tour. I love the sound of that. We should make this a regular event, as you said.
              |TG-X| mp40x

Register for the Forums! | Get on Teamspeak! | Play Squad! | Join Discord! | Support Tactical Gamer!

Comment

Yeah, let's all go play on other servers and the write about how great they are on TG's forums!!!!!

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Although we had a swan diving heli pilot in Mutrah which lost us any chance of taking the map, and it seemed we needed a bit of time to find our feet, I found Barracuda very satisfying :)

We showed some quality on that map, I thought, and was happy to squad lead a bunch of guys mostly non-TG, showing them our stuff, representing the TG tag, and explaining why the reasoning behind decisions. This consisted of protecting the flanks of Riffraff's and Cougar's squads, as it happens, on flags as needed. As well as roving/vanguard/flanking positions and assualts. Ending in all flags taken.

Also I loved the low ping for once and so did my Kill/Death ratio, the ability to respond better seemed more real-time for me. Thanks Ping!

Was fun to join in The Invasion. Now if only PR Devs would make us some Viking helmets. I'd rename myself Taip3n BloodBonkers Manic BoobOgler in a flash.

Comment

Originally posted by d1sp0sabl3H3r0 View Post
                    Yeah, let's all go play on other servers and the write about how great they are on TG's forums!!!!!
                    We all know that there is no better Project Reality server than Tactical Gamer. I think that goes without saying. My intention was not to promote another server on our forums. But that it was fun to take our teamwork and tactics to another server occasionally.
                    |TG-X| mp40x

Comment

Originally posted by Taip3n View Post
                      Although we had a swan diving heli pilot in Mutrah which lost us any chance of taking the map, and it seemed we needed a bit of time to find our feet, I found Barracuda very satisfying :) .
                      Yes I found a use for the MEC APC after all - particularly loved shooting down the apache hovering in the hills.

Comment

Originally posted by d1sp0sabl3H3r0 View Post

I think it's just positive that we promote the TG way on other servers. It makes us (the TG players) realize that we have the best server and it makes other players recognize us and our way of playing, which might help to bring more players to TG.
                        sigpic
                        "Danger could be my middle name, but it's John..." Eddie Izzard

Comment

Originally posted by joe98 View Post
                          Yes I found a use for the MEC APC after all - particularly loved shooting down the apache hovering in the hills.
                          that was you??? dam it, i had you lased and everything for my cobra to take you out. Must say i enjoyed spotting for cas on that round. got a few sniper kills too!

Comment

That was probably one of the best sittings I've had for PR. I played with more TG'ers in one squad than on the TG server! It was great that we all banded together and the low ping for me was a nice change as well.

Thanks guys for saving me from an evening of playing COD4 / PR SP again while the TG server was down!

Comment

Originally posted by sapientiea View Post
                              Yeah it was fun, especially when t-man tried to go incognito (he was using an old name). I thought it was funny!

Maybe a voice changer will do the trick t-man!?
                              I was going to attempt to fly so no one would know it was me crashing, but I never got the chance as the other horrible pilots crashed everything before I got a chance! I had an AMAZING 18 ping, something else I never have playing on the US based TG server.
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X