The internets/verizon Fail

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The internets/verizon Fail

I know you have all missed my smiling face in game and on the forums/teamspeak, however at this time the fate of my internets connection is up in the air.

Verizon has screwed the proverbial DSL pooch and well, it looks like i might not have interents at home for some time (hopefully with me posting this it means that it will be fixed by wednesday). So I shall see you all when I see you.......I will return!, and no this is not some ploy of mine to test a new in-game name, I'm being serious I have no internets at home, and i would run PR at work, however my desktop says IBM on it, and its well, pre 21st century I think.
    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    NYS EMT-B
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Re: The internets/verizon Fail

Well, look on the bright side; at least you don't have Comcast.

Comment

Originally posted by Startrekern View Post
      I'd have to say that comcast is pretty good. I had a ongoing connection problem but then it fixed.

That really sucks randy. Good luck on getting it fixed
      |TG-31st| WarPig1292

Comment

get verizon fios, we have it, and no complaints so far, they also recently doubled our download speed for free, from 5mbs to 10mbs download!

DSL.... lets just say its getting old and is out of verizons focus :P

Life's too short to live it fast.

Comment

I would get FIOS if it was available in our area. I await the day it is. For now, DSL will do.
          sigpic
          I'm Back.

Comment

we were lucky because the pre-owner of our house already had FIOS, so no installation fees for us :D

just, we ordered it in an office, they told us a technician will be there in 1 week, we made an appointment..

so when that day came, the technician didn't come.., we made a new appointment, 2nd time didnt come.. All they said that they had problems doing a credit check (because we just moved here in the US back then..)

well finally after 2 months of waiting someone came and installed the shizzle, they gave us a month free for the "inconveniences"

Comment

Originally posted by creepin View Post
              get verizon fios, we have it, and no complaints so far, they also recently doubled our download speed for free, from 5mbs to 10mbs download!

DSL.... lets just say its getting old and is out of verizons focus :P
              Damn
              Slow
              Link

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

F*cking
                Impressive
                Over
                Speed

:D

Comment

Originally posted by Startrekern View Post
                  Comcast is good. What's really bad is Time Warner Cable.

FIOS is also really great.
                  Reedible

Comment

Verizon and DSL are just plain fail.

I currently have Optimum cable and it's pretty good...most of the time. Occasionally the link drops, sometimes in the middle of a gaming session. I usually take it as a sign that I should quit and go to bed.
                    |TG-6th|Belhade
                    "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

fios is the new and upcoming thing, however, verizon does have the right to take the copper/dismantle your landline permanently and they don't even have to tell you. That is the one thing that isn't mentioned in any of their commercials, there is a clause that goes back to probably when it was orginally New York Telephone or when the internets just came about and internets phones were just a thought, that allows this.

Unless you are very firm and say that you do not want verizon to remove the copper/dismantle the land line and physically be there, it will be taken out.

I have had my internets problem resolved, it got to the point that the tech support people at verizon said that it was my fault that my IP changed from 192..... to 169.... and they were not at fault, when at the same time they still could not tell me what the engineers were working on....or what the problem was. If it wasn't for a very well disciplined and very well minded computer customer support tech, i probably would have really lost my cool.

Lets just say that I will be shopping around for a new internet provider tomorrow, they guy who helped me was great, and hes the reason why it is working now, but the amount of BS from verizon, and the fact that they said it was basically my fault and that they had nothing to do with it (those were their exact words in regards to the IP address not being the original), i will not be a verizon internet service customer hopefully really soon.

In the end if I have to stay with verizon, ill use DSL, because it probably costs them money to keep it up.......

- End Rant

Problem solved admin can lock/delete if needed/warranted.

Please PM me if you have had any good success with cable vision or optimum online or AT&T Online services.
                      Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                      Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                      Level I HazMat Technician
                      NYS EMT-B
                      Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                      RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                      Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                      Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                      We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

I have Cable Baden-Wurttemburg (Germany) - 24Mb/s Download, 2.5Mb/s Up - pretty awesome. I don't get the full 24 all the time, but a good % of it.
                        sigpic

Comment

T-Man your German Internet speeds make be cry because I'm with BT. And it's British and is therefore slow. =(

To London

To New York

Actually to be honest these are pretty good for me, better than they usually are.

Comment

Do what I done and change from BT to Plusnet, they are dedicated to gaming amongst other things, and really look after their customers. My speed has jumped x5 and my ping is nice and stable.

http://www.plus.net/

Comment

Thanks Jeepo, that looks great! And cheaper than BT, although that's not a surprise.
                              I'll look into that next time I can be bothered to change.

Thanks again. :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X