PR Mumble Beta :D

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PR Mumble Beta :D

The first PR Mumble beta is out! While this beta has no new features, it simplifies the installation process and hardlocks positional audio settings.

Instructions courtesy of Jaymz and Fuzzhead.

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f10-...t-reality.html
    PR Mumble Installation Guide

v0.3 PR Mumble beta

• 1. If you have a previous version of mumble installed, make sure you uninstall it. Leave the "user preferences" box unchecked during uninstall and it will remember your settings and server info.

• 2. Install the latest PR Mumble beta (currently v0.3 ):

Download Link: http://realitymodfiles.com/fuzzhead/..._installer.exe

• 3. Run the Audio Wizard (Configure -> Audio Wizard).

Follow the onscreen instructions.

TIP: During Device selection, Select your Soundcard from the drop down box as both the Input Device and Output Device.

TIP: During Voice Activity Detection, make sure you use Push To Talk. Using the voice activation will usually result in constant transmission at inappropriate times and may get you kicked from a channel for spam.

• 4. Go to the Server -> Connect screen and then go to the Custom Servers tab. Add the following server information:
      Label: PR Official Mumble Server
      Server Address: 205.234.153.178
      Server Port: 64738 (default)
      Username: yournamehere (no spaces)
      Password: none
      - Press Add and then Press Connect.

(A warning will pop up about about a certificate, just press Yes, it won't come up again.)

• 5. Join the channel of the PR game server that you will be playing on and load up PR. Remember that positional audio won't start until you join the server, both transmitting and receiving, so be sure not to transmit until you spawn into the game world. This limitation will hopefully be fixed in future versions of PR mumble

• 6. Have fun and good luck!

Additional Settings

• Compression
      - Quality = 10 (this can be lowered to accommodate those with bandwidth limitations. If you notice in-game lag, lowering this setting will help)
      - Audio per packet = 20ms (this can be raised to accommodate those with bandwidth limitations. If you notice in-game lag, raising this setting will help)
    • Mumble Audio Output for optimal sound levels
      - Set Mumble Volume to 60%
      - Set BF2 ingame effects to 50%
      - Set BF2 VoIP to 100%
    • Shortcuts
      - Make sure you have a key binded for "Push-to-Talk". This transmits locally around your character and used for talking to players around you.
      - Make sure you have a key binded for "Force Center Position" on a seperate key. This talks to ALL in channel regardless of their distance to you. Use this ONLY in the squad leader channels to coordinate with other squad leaders on your team.

Re: PR Mumble Beta :D

Cooooooooooooooooooool.

Will reinstall with this.

Thanks guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Taip3n View Post
      Cooooooooooooooooooool.

Will reinstall with this.

Thanks guys!
      If you leave the "user preferences" box unchecked during the uninstall, it'll save and transfer your settings to the new install. You'll still have to reset your keybinds, but the rest of the configuration process will be skipped.

Comment

Nice PR Devs! Like we talked about in the other mumble threads, this will for sure make mumble more common and get rid of teething problems. I too am gonna reinstall this now.

Last time the setup changed my general windows volume levels so it messed with my other games, i'll keep a look out for that now and other things that may be useful to others.

Please post useful tips here.

Comment

wow cool.. thanks..
          If you show your head then your dead....

Comment

The latest:
            Originally posted by [R-DEV]Twisted Helix View Post
            There will be another beta version available soon ... turns out AncientMan found some bugs already :D

Comment

I just finished installing it, and when I adjusted my settings it crashed.

Comment

awesome. It works perfect for me.
                Last edited by RememberTheAlamo; 05-06-2009, 03:08 PM.

Comment

it works perfect for me

Comment

I'll try this out at the week-end. =)

By the way how many people use mumble? As some of the real plus sides about mumble as outlined by Dispo here : http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...le-bomb-4.html only really work if everyone in your squad and surrounding squads have mumble. Otherwise it's just like having TS and not everyone's going to hear you, which makes the 3D thing rather pointless.

I totally agree with Dispo that if everyone, or at least SL's, use Mumble it would be an awesome addition to the game, if not IMO its a bit of a waste of HD space.

Comment

Installed and getting ready to try it out. I like the pre adjusted (and unchangeable) settings. No problems with the download and installation.
                      sigpic
                      I'm Back.

Comment

Since my current mumble client is working fine, I won't switch over quite yet, but the moment that additional functionality is involved I am in. :D

Comment

In the interests of medical science I installed it, clicked next and all seemed to work except I didnt see anyone on a server or any channels.
                          Not really into it for the mo so I'll wait for next build, its not yet zombie proof

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

I know some people might be very much against this, but, would anyone want to play a game or 2 of PR using only Mumble? No in game chat. Just to see how it would effect the game. Simply remap ur squad chat button to Mumble. You would have inter-squad talk and the force speak feature would keep SL's in contact with each other. Just an idea that came to me. I'm seeing more and more people on the TG Mumble server, so I thought I'd throw that out there.
                            sigpic
                            I'm Back.

Comment

Originally posted by Bandaid View Post
                              I know some people might be very much against this, but, would anyone want to play a game or 2 of PR using only Mumble? No in game chat. Just to see how it would effect the game. Simply remap ur squad chat button to Mumble. You would have inter-squad talk and the force speak feature would keep SL's in contact with each other. Just an idea that came to me. I'm seeing more and more people on the TG Mumble server, so I thought I'd throw that out there.
                              I endorse this product. Errr, I mean, I'm all up for that.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X