Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can't believe it, I learned to fly. Sort of...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't believe it, I learned to fly. Sort of...

After a month a grueling training. Training my mind, and my body to hone this beast known as the BF2 engine powered chopper. Going through chopper after chopper. Wrecking, flipping, loop de looping. I have succeeded in flying, as well as landing. The only thing that pulled me through was motivational music, bro!...And Donrhos' little tips...But he doesn't count!

So now, when I try to land a Huey full of troops, and take a dip in the water. When they say, "Dude you can't fly go back to the training server!"

I can stand tall and reply, "I can fly, bro. I just have a crappy modem."

:)

Re: I can't believe it, I learned to fly. Sort of...

We all once had to learn it. I still blame my computer crashing whenever I accidentally hit the barbed wire on Kashan. Strangely enough, that only happens when I'm playing MEC. :|

Comment

change your direction for your return to the helipad. 1 min longer flying is better than a crashed chopper and wasted tickets.

| | | |

Comment

Originally posted by Axis_Sniper View Post
        So true, if I load a local server and play Karbalah (sp) I can ride dirtbikes like mad, but once in game I get weird stuttering lag. I also get this in choppers on some maps so I have to pass on flying those maps. I hate having to be more cautious on the server because of possible lag spikes, I don't get to look as cool :(
        |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

After a month a grueling training. Training my mind, and my body to hone this beast known as the BF2 engine powered chopper. Going through chopper after chopper. Wrecking, flipping, loop de looping. I have succeeded in flying, as well as landing. The only thing that pulled me through was motivational music, bro!...And Donrhos' little tips...But he doesn't count!

So now, when I try to land a Huey full of troops, and take a dip in the water. When they say, "Dude you can't fly go back to the training server!"

if you would've been on TG a bit earlier, when i was still TGU instructor you could've attended my Airborne Logistics Session,

just now, school is a betch, and i simply dont have the time anymore,

the lesson is outlined on the TGU forum though, if any instructor wants to host a session.. :D

Life's too short to live it fast.

Comment

ahahaha, that last quote made me laugh, only advice i can give you is keep practicing, get used to your control , keep your eyes on the monitor and dont be stressed, learning to gain speed quickly and to land is crucial.
            sigpic

Any problem on Earth can be solved with the careful application of high explosives.

Comment

I am an excellent pilot also, when I crash the chopper it's only because I managed to hit that one-degree slope of land that causes the bird to start skewing around.
              |TG-6th|Belhade
              "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

Originally posted by Belhade View Post
                I am an excellent pilot also, when I crash the chopper it's only because I managed to hit that one-degree slope of land that causes the bird to start skewing around.
                I never said I am an excellent pilot :) All I said was I can now take-off and land in a chopper. I'm still learning the small things...Like speed, and AA, and notrunning over countless teammates after landing them in enemy territory.

Comment

The BF2 transport chopper feels like a cow. I loved the choppers in BF1942, much more "live" and harder to control. I could really bang off the pad in the Apache of DC with a powered up-and-turn to get into the action. Almost as fun was going Apache hunting with my Stinger on the Apache Wars servers, where Apache spawns were very fast to make sure everyone could be in the air with one. The only drawback I found in BF1942 was the lack of an artificial horizon when doing HALO drops. It was very easy to get inverted while up in a fog bank and crash.
                  Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

I can fly, I just can't evade enemy AA.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighter View Post
                      I can fly, I just can't evade enemy AA.
                      The trick to evading AA with transport choppers is flying as low to the ground as possible without crashing. I'm talking 10 meters or less if possible. On Kashan, hug the terrain as much as possible and dodge into trenches and behind hills.

With Jets, deploy chaff and gain altitude as fast as possible, doing a few rolls or whatever.

Attack Helicopters are a little more tricky, requiring quick evasive maneuvers(Throw the chopper into the steepest dive you can get it into or whatever else you can do to avoid the initial missile) and pop flares every 3-5 seconds.

Comment

Attack Choppers can also follow the low-to-the-ground rule. Cruise around behind hills, pop up, take a shot or two, then drop down and away.
                        |TG-6th|Belhade
                        "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

Originally posted by Belhade View Post
                          Attack Choppers can also follow the low-to-the-ground rule. Cruise around behind hills, pop up, take a shot or two, then drop down and away.
                          Works best on Muttrah and particularly Qinling (to avoid enemy jets). Not so much on Kashan 32, though -- Altitude is your friend. I also find that hovering in one spot on any map too long gets you HAT'd, so I have a policy of one target at a time, then bug out move to a new place.

Comment

Nice job, I finally leaned how to fly choppers too(flew from helicopter training to jet training without crashing). The joystick makes flying a lot easier than using the keys. Anyone who can fly using keys has my respect.
                            PR username: Vertigopilot

Nobody panic, but we're all going to die in 5 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by the Ali Baaba View Post
                              Nice job, I finally leaned how to fly choppers too(flew from helicopter training to jet training without crashing). The joystick makes flying a lot easier than using the keys. Anyone who can fly using keys has my respect.
                              Then I must have a a lot of it. I can barely manage to fly a jet using the keys/mouse, and a little below average with the chopper

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X