Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

a tweak that you may know and need to teach to me.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a tweak that you may know and need to teach to me.

I know there is a ton of stuff that you can do to BF2. I have heard that people have successfully produced widescreen resolutions, there are people that have view distace hacks. Here is what I want to do.

I want to know if there is a way to manually increase (in a config file probably) the LoD distance or the texture filtering distance. I want to make it equivalent to 16X anisotropic filtering. notice how the intfantryman's backpack dissapears after 150m? or how objects, or textures become less detailed? I want to change that. is there any way to do this?
    [sigpic]

sigpic

"Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more."
    -Mark Twain

In game: |TG| Maxwell_Q_Klinger

Re: a tweak that you may know and need to teach to me.

Draw distance??

Comment

Might be an engine limitation, and bypassing it could constitute a hack, so I wouldnt count on it in this engine. Even on max settings the "render" distance and pop-up is old school. (better than a LOT of previous engines in shooters though)

As for widescreen, the next BF2 patch will finally address that. The Target modification is more of a bandaid, and the widescreen fixer has PB issues if your not careful. (and I consider it a bit of a hack since in turrets it affects your FoV quite noticably)

Comment

You can simply change your resolution in your shortcut paramaters to reflect your native moniter resolution = 1680 x 1050 for me, with widescreen, and I know a lot of people who do that.

Comment

That's what I've been using for a long time. Certainly looks a lot better than the native resolutions.

Comment

The reason I don't use widescreen fixer is that it just basically zooms your view out, and I play on a 15" laptop. So I added +szy 1680 +szx 1050 to the shortcut and it looks pretty decent. As far as increasing the AA and AF, you can usually do that with your graphics card settings to force the amount you prefer for each different game. If you want to see beyond the max view distance, turn your view so you are looking out the edge of your screen. The view distance plane draws as a plane tangential to your heading. So if you turn so that what you are looking at is near the left or right edge of your screen, you can actually see a bit further than if you look straight at it. AFAIK there is no way to get objects to render at a higher distance. BF2 has a latency adjustment that is optimized for a 100ms ping. There is a console command you can enter in game that adjusts that latency compensation to whatever your average ping is for the server you are on, but you'll have to google it. It's really long and you'll have to re-enter it each time you connect to any server.

|
            |

Comment

http://www.tweakguides.com/BF2_1.html thats what I use

Haikus are easy.
              But sometimes they don't make sense.
              Refrigerator.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed