No 'PR' folder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No 'PR' folder

I need to clone my PR Mods folder (both for setting up the BF2 v3 Editor and it would've been nice for the .866 Beta Patch as well). The issue, however, is that the folder simply doesn't exist.

I've searched and searched, but it's nowhere to be found. The game runs fine, however.

I don't quite understand it. I checked the ability to see hidden files, and that's checked, but the folder seems to be totally absent.

:O

Re: No 'PR' folder

n:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods

It's not there?

Mabye do a file search for bss_intro.bik? It should take you to the right spot.

Comment

As far as duplicating it for the .866 patch, I tried that, but couldn't get the thing to work. I've successfully duplicated the mod folder and rewritten shortcuts both for the editor version and the Beta test versions of .8 before, but could not get it to work right for the .866 patch.

If you were gonna do that, I just thought I'd warn you. It's been a while, so maybe I'm forgetting something, but it kept kicking me back to .856 when I tried to run .866 beta in a folder other then pr, and I've done that same thing several times with no problems in the past.

Like was said above though, it should be at c:\\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\pr

If it's not there.... maybe you installed PR in a differant folder somehow? Right click your PR shortcut, click properties, click the "Shortcut" tab if it isn't already, and check the "Target" and/or "Start In" lines. That should show you where your pr folder is, or at least the folder above it.

Comment

Originally posted by shadow85 View Post
        As far as duplicating it for the .866 patch, I tried that, but couldn't get the thing to work. I've successfully duplicated the mod folder and rewritten shortcuts both for the editor version and the Beta test versions of .8 before, but could not get it to work right for the .866 patch.
        I 'm having a similar problem. I copied my PR folder and renamed it 'PR 856', then installed the beta which works fine but when I try to play the current version again by swapping the PR folders, I get kicked for 'invalid client_shaders.zip'.

I 'm probably gonna have to reinstall PR.
        Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

Yeah, .866 screwed a lot of guys up, me included, I had to reinstall .85, then was getting PB kick for unlawful programs running and all sorts. Eventually got it fixed. Pain in the ass.

Comment

Yeah, it sucks a bit, because I wanted to play the .866 beta and help stress test, but because of the way it is, I had to decide one over the other. I'm sticking with .856 so I can play on the TG server. :p

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost Dog View Post
              I 'm having a similar problem. I copied my PR folder and renamed it 'PR 856', then installed the beta which works fine but when I try to play the current version again by swapping the PR folders, I get kicked for 'invalid client_shaders.zip'.

I uninstalled .866 then copied the PR folder back and it worked great for me.

|

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost Dog View Post

You need to uninstall the beta via add/remove programmes to be able to play regular pr again, after that the origional folder will work. Also make sure the folder is caleed "pr" or no servers will show up in the list.

Comment

Will try, thx for the advice.
                  Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

Originally posted by ollie_fool View Post
                    You need to uninstall the beta via add/remove programmes to be able to play regular pr again, after that the origional folder will work. Also make sure the folder is caleed "pr" or no servers will show up in the list.
                    What we did with vBF2 to be able to play 1.41 and 1.5 without uninstalling anything, should work in this case as well. Just copy the whole bf2 folder, rename it to something other than the original, say bf1.41 and apply the patch.
                    Now you have two folders, one with the original name, this one is the patched and the second is the renamed, this is the un-patched.

If you want to play with the original, just rename the folders. The bf2 (or PR in this case) shortcut will always launch the one with the unchanged folder name.

HERE is the link to the post explaining it in more detail.

If you, like me, have multiple mods installed, but only want to make a backup of one, than you dont have to copy all subfolders in the mods folder, just the one you want to leave un-patched.

For example, when i tried the 1.5 patch, i copied my whole bf2 install, except the poe2 and pr subfolders under mods. In this case, i would leave out bf2 and poe2 folder, copying only pr and than patching that copy to the new version. When i would want to run the new version, i would just rename that copy to Battlefield 2 (or whatever you original install folder is), and rename the original to something else.

Just remember, your desktop shortcut always points to the original bf install if you haven't changed it.

For the "invalid client_shaders.zip" error, try deleting the contents of your cache folder (not the folder itself!) located at c:\Documents and Settings\your username here\Documents\Battlefield 2\
                    sigpic

Comment

It's strange; I have no PR folder, and the files that are in the folder don't seem to exist as far as Windows Explorer is concerned.

Comment

I had both versions working perfectly for me for a while, then a couple of days ago, .856 started crashing a few minutes after joining the server. I reinstalled PR, I deleted my BF2 documents, everything.

I might have to completely reinstall BF2

Comment

I think I'm going to completely reinstall it myself. It's not .866 that's made the folder go missing, though, and I reinstalled .856 just yesterday.

Could someone send me their PR folder perhaps?

Comment

The PR folder is over 3 GB -.-

Comment

Hmm, well how would I know that? Mine's missing :P

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X