Whats up with BRIT AA Vehicle?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats up with BRIT AA Vehicle?

Hey was on Quinling earlyer and decided to go AA.
    Myself and Disco set off in one of these odd looking beasts and shadowed our armour column.

I decided to test fire the M919 (left click) missile. It went no where near where i expected it. I tried another.....then the rest of that load. I couldnt figure out how to get any of them to go where i wanted. Anyone know?

In the end we managed to take out a retreating Chinese tank by driving about 30 feet behind it and launching everything at it. By luck 2 of them hit its rear.

We both laughed our asses off but still have no idea what to do with it.
    She aint in the manual either.

Pity there werent any planes around :(
    Nihility

Re: Whats up with BRIT AA Vehicle?

Well, it's not like the AA is designed to be a TOW missile launcher. I'm fairly sure they're some kind of heat seeking missile. It'd be kind of atrocious for gameplay if such a machine could take out both enemy armor and lock on to enemy aircraft.

Comment

Nope its got a crap load of stingers and a crap load of fin stabalised 25mm anti tank rockets.

I guess they balanced it out by making it ****e.
      Nihility

Comment

Originally posted by Soupy_Norman View Post
        Nope its got a crap load of stingers and a crap load of fin stabalised 25mm anti tank rockets.

I guess they balanced it out by making it ****e.
        Actually, you are wrong. To quote the British Army Website, "The tracked Stormer vehicle provides a mobile platform for the Starstreak High Velocity Missile (HVM) system giving the detachment protection and excellent mobility with eight ready to fire missiles and a further nine stowed inside."

The StarStreak High Velocity Missile is a surface to air missile that uses a system of 3 dart like projectiles to take down aircraft. More information on the Starstreak HVM can be found at http://www.army.mod.uk/equipment/art...ence/1509.aspx and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starstreak_missile

Comment

i never realized it came with rockets........pretty nifty.
          Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
          Level II Volunteer FireFighter
          Level I HazMat Technician
          NYS EMT-B
          Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
          RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
          Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
          Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
          We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Originally posted by google View Post
            Actually, you are wrong. To quote the British Army Website, "The tracked Stormer vehicle provides a mobile platform for the Starstreak High Velocity Missile (HVM) system giving the detachment protection and excellent mobility with eight ready to fire missiles and a further nine stowed inside."

The StarStreak High Velocity Missile is a surface to air missile that uses a system of 3 dart like projectiles to take down aircraft. More information on the Starstreak HVM can be found at http://www.army.mod.uk/equipment/art...ence/1509.aspx and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starstreak_missile

Well acording to the HUD its stingers and m919 25mm fin stabalised anti tank missiles.....which is irrelevant because there impossible to aim.....which was my origional point.
            Nihility

Comment

Believe the HUD is a typo... its only supposed to carry surface to air missles, although the system is capable of anti-tank capacities....

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzhead View Post
                Believe the HUD is a typo... its only supposed to carry surface to air missles, although the system is capable of anti-tank capacities....
                Confirm HUD is a typo and will be fixed in the next release.

Stormer is only to be AA in PR. (I just got lucky once and killed a PLA APC with the missiles: HUGE BLAST RADIUS!)

| |

Comment

The British AA rockets are about as accurate as firing an SA-7 at infantry, if you've ever done that. Incredibly effective, extremely powerful, but not very accurate.

The secondary fire (stingers) on the British AA simply do not work period.

Comment

Hint: AA vehicle rockets/missiles are equally as useless as shoulder mounted AA without a lock. You got lucky that tank didnt just hose you. Retreating or not, if I had been the gunner, you would have been my final objective before seeing the respawn screen. :D

Comment

It probably shouldnt pierce tank armour by the sounds of it

Do the rockets lock on at all, I cant remember really achieving this
                      Last edited by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger; 05-12-2009, 03:46 PM.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

The rockets lock on aircraft only. It is hard to tell when they lock, but you have 8 of them loaded so you can usually just fire a group and get results. Otherwise they fire in a somewhat random pattern. If you can hit armored vehicles with them they are somewhat effective.They are highly effective vs soft targets.
                        |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Originally posted by Startrekern View Post
                          The secondary fire (stingers) on the British AA simply do not work period.
                          No no, the ONLY weapon that is on the Stormer and the only weapon that you fire on the Stormer are the Starstreak AA missiles.

Everything else, Stingers, 25mm cannon, it's all a lie. I think that HUD is leftover from the Badley Linebacker we used to have in PR, retired with the .85 release.

| |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X