PR v0.869 Stress Testing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PR v0.869 Stress Testing

PR patch .869 stress testing is happening this weekend (16th and 17th). If your a tester of any flavor, make sure you download the patch, install it, and get on the server.

If you're not a registered tester, you still may be able to participate. Contact me via this thread, PM, or xfire and, if you pass muster, I will give you the download link. Understand that it is extremely unlikely that I will give you the link if I don't know and trust you.

Also, I'm not the only one with permission to distribute the patch, if you can't get a hold of me or know another stress/beta tester better, try asking them for the link.

If you are given the link, there are a number of rules you need to follow:

1) Do not redistribute the link, or post it publicly.

2) Do not post media taken from the stress test or comment publicly on gameplay changes.

3) Behave in a mature and respectful manner, smacktard behavior or disrepecting other PR communities will reflect badly on you, TG, and the person who foolishly decided to give you the patch.

4) Log lots of hours on the stress test server and have fun. The purpose of the stress test is to fill the server to capacity and make sure the patch is stable.

.869 Patch install tips:

1) Back up PR .856 (see below)

2)The patch will make you download Microsoft 3.5 .net framework if you don't have it already. It takes a while but is necessary.

3) You don't need the PR .866 patch or the BF2 1.5 patch installed to use this patch. Make sure you install it onto PR .856.

The PR .869 patch will make your current version of PR unplayable. Here is the method I use to backup PR:

1) Go into the directory where you have BF2 installed (usually C:program files/EA GAMES/Battlefield 2), double click on the "mods" folder.

2) Inside mods, you should have at least 3 folders: bf2, xpack, and pr. Copy your pr folder and paste it next to the original. This should take a few minutes because the pr folder is quite large. Now you should have at least 4 folders in mods: bf2, xpack, pr, and "copy of pr."

3) Install patch .869 into the default path.

4) Save your .856 shortcut, don't modify it or delete it. You'll need it later.

When you want to go back and play PR .856, here's what you do:

1) Use add/remove programs to uninstall the .869 patch.

2) Go into your "mods" directory (where you copied pr) and delete the pr folder.

3) Rename "copy of pr" to "pr."

4) Use your old .856 shortcut to play PR again.
    Last edited by Charity Case; 05-15-2009, 06:18 PM.

Re: PR v0.869 Stress Testing

Originally posted by Charity Case View Post
    PR patch .869 stress testing is happening this weekend (16th and 17th). If your a tester of any flavor, make sure you download the patch, install it, and get on the server.

If you're not a registered tester, you still may be able to participate. Contact me via this thread, PM, or xfire and, if you pass muster, I will give you the download link. Understand that it is extremely unlikely that I will give you the link if I don't know and trust you.
    You can contact me too, read above for requirements.
    Xfire: Donrhos

Comment

I'm going out now, but I will be checking TG occasionally, PM me if you want the files. I should be back later tonight to get in on the testing action. I'll be on xfire when I get back, you can contact me on that if it's easier for you, my user name is "charitycase". As I said before, there are lots of other people who are permitted to distribute the patch, try hitting up some of them.

Comment

Contact me if you're interested in stress testing.

xfire: yougotsn1p3d

TS, xFire, PMs... I'll be here all day.
        Last edited by MarineSeaknight; 05-15-2009, 07:46 PM.

| |

Comment

Hey charity im happy to help out again with the testing, If more people are still needed.
          PR ingame name - |TG-Irr| SilverJohn

Comment

xFire: racer9976.

Should be hanging on ts, beating my head over the BFEditor. :D

Comment

if there are still people needed i would like to participate!
              Last edited by STealthBanana; 05-15-2009, 09:45 PM.
              |TGXV|STeaLthBananaaa

sigpic

We snipe the TG way

Comment

Saturday (tomorrow) stress test times are 3pm EST to 8pm EST. If you have the test build, please try to fill the server during that period.

Comment

Also i am available to distribute the patch
                  Message me or Pm me if you need the link

Xfire: warpig1292
                  |TG-31st| WarPig1292

Comment

I just took a look at xfire and noticed CharityCase was still in the test server playing Asad Kahl but there were only 8 people in there. Did you guys have enough stress testers for today? If not I am interested and willing to help.

"The clever combatant imposes his will on the enemy, but does not allow the enemy's will to be imposed on him."
                    - Sun Tzu

Comment

I'm willing to help if u guys need more people.

Comment

I'm not sure if organized testing will continue today. If so, I'll continue distributing the patch.

Comment

Thanks for all the testing guys!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse