PR maps in real life

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PR maps in real life

After I found out that Muttrah (Mutrah) city is real (bottom link) I was trying to find other places on google earth. If u don't have google earth here is the link to it
    http://earth.google.com/

So I found all the maps on google earth. How I found them? Type Ramiel in the search bar and then click on Ramiel Map Description and then click on Project Reality Maps. The maps are mostly made up and they are not real but Muttrah city is real. Actually its exact to the map in PR.

Muttrah City if u don't have Google Earth
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...h&z=15&iwloc=A

Re: PR maps in real life

A lot of them are real, but just under different names. Ramiel is supposed to be that city in Somalia I think. Qwai River is somewhere near Beijing.
    Reedible

Comment

Muttrah:
      Attached Files

Comment

maybe qwai river is supposed to be based on the same river as the river kwai?

ie the film "a bridge on the river kwai"

Comment

Originally posted by browna3 View Post
          maybe qwai river is supposed to be based on the same river as the river kwai?

ie the film "a bridge on the river kwai"
          I watched part of that movie and that was the first thing that popped to mind, in fact that's the only reason I flipped to it. :D

Comment

The similarity between Muttrah in-game and in real life is quite impressive. Kudos to the DEVs.

Ramiel is supposed to represent Mogadishu? I guess that'd explain the port, sea, & airport.
            PR in-game name: l?l JackFarrel

Comment

Muttrah was all Rhino's creation. And he did one hell of a job on it, that's for sure. There was a tutorial on some techniques in map building that he used Muttrah as an example for, and he went into how he made it a bit. Seeing how he created it was awesome :D

Comment

I've done that on 2142, It's fun looking up map names from games and actually finding out where they are. I found gibraltar, a 2142 map, boy it doesn't look anything like what gibraltar is now, but then again 2142 is over 130 years from now!

It's fun comparing how the maps are to the actual place.

sigpic

Comment

Different spelling of Qwai river, and in Chinese Qwai means an offensive term for round eyes....

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X