Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Itís time to start enforcing the rules on TG tagged players.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Itís time to start enforcing the rules on TG tagged players.

Although I understand the change to having a warn/kick/ban system for Ďpubí players or regulars that donít wear the tags, we need to return to the days of skipping the kick step for TG tagged players that break the basic rules. Players that put on the tags are supposed to be examples to outside players and should wear it with respect and pride, not just because they think itís cool. I can think of 5 tagged players right now that should be banned for being horrid examples of game play and I have yet to see one receive more than a kick when I have reported them. Most recent example:

TKing teammates because they wanted the map to end because they didnít think 16 people was enough to have a good game on Asad Khal, then openly admitting to doing so. When reported they were warned, but in my opinion they should have been banned because TG members should follow basic rules.

Iím not saying TG members should be banned for accidental TKs or breaking the Ďstrive for realismí interpretive rule since that one is a bit subjective. Iím saying players that TK intentionally for any reason (rule 2), players that switch for assets then act like they own them when there is no commander (rule 9), who repeatedly explain the rules incorrectly for their benefit (all rules), donít follow squad leader/commander orders (rule 11) and who commit suicide tactics while not insurgent (rule 4) should get at least a month temp ban as the first step of punishment. I donít even care if they are warned in game then have it looked into later, if found to be breaking the rules they deserve a ban.

We have a large influx of new players for various reasons, we need to make sure that the TG tagged people are good examples so that the new people can learn the correct way to play.
    |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Re: Itís time to start enforcing the rules on TG tagged players.

just take a deep breath. youre gonna get through this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mushroom-Soil View Post
      just take a deep breath. youre gonna get through this.

This response is a perfect example of what Snoogums is talking about.

TG regulars and TG tag-wearers who push the boundaries or don't think that the Primer or the Rules are really that important do need to be dealt with. This kind of attitude is a cancer and it is spreading throughout the player base at TG and it reduces the level of play on our server from what was our normally high level to what has become a much lower standard of play. Those of us that are regulars have noticed this decline and it is extremely frustrating, to say the least.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

IMO, the "Wearing the TG Tag" thread/post should be a separate sticky from the Rules/Guidelines sticky.

Comment

Even though I've not been tagged long, I know exactly what you're talking about, snoggs.

Tell you the truth, I was even thinking about this last night. You took the words out of my mouth, then made it all fancy and good enough for other people to read.

People that don the tags are held to a higher standard and should act as such. Not goof around and expect that the |TG| tag is a "get out of jail free" card.

Comment

Right on, snooggums. Thank you for standing up and bringing this out to the attention of Tactical Gamer. The maturity and high standard of realistic, mature gaming is the reason I recently donned the tags and became a Supporting Member.

Two thumbs up on this post.
            |TG-Irr| JWG

Battlefield 2 - Project Reality

Comment

Well lads at least its not like the other servers.

I was attacked on muttrah (on TG) by a LB yesterday who was flying around throwing nades everywhere. Repeatadly. I asked them to stop and they apolagised.

Compared too a few weeks ago on a pub server i was attacked by a LB with 2 grenadiers, an AT4 and a fuqing m249.

It was not the ROFLCOPTER....i checked :(
              Nihility

Comment

We need the return of PW nights.
                doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Oh hell yeah. PW nights were great. It's a shame though that we need to set aside special times to play by the rules.
                  |TG-6th|Belhade
                  "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

Originally posted by Belhade View Post
                    Oh hell yeah. PW nights were great. It's a shame though that we need to set aside special times to play by the rules.
                    It's a shame that every attempt to revive PW nights results in the same TG-tagged players continually breaking the rules throughout the course of the night.
                    Skud

Comment

Originally posted by TheSkudDestroyer View Post
                      It's a shame that every attempt to revive PW nights results in the same TG-tagged players continually breaking the rules throughout the course of the night.
                      My proposed restored ban option for TG tags during normal play (which used to be done for everyone on PW night) would take care of that real fast. I do know the main problem with PW night was people giving out the password on other locations and people saying they didn't know the rules. I seem to remember people who admitted to not reading the rules or broke the rules on password night being banned without warning in the distant past. When that stopped the people who followed the rules stopped showing up because of play being as bad as regular nights, making the PW part useless.

My solution would be a 'white list' night, where only preregistered forum members could sign off as having read the rules before entering the server. I would not want this restricted to supporting members so making 64 reserved slots wouldn't quite work. Being white listed would keep out the random people who got the password problem and the extra step would mean that admins could easily ban someone for breaking the rules and have a harsher penalty than normal. I don't know how hard it would be to do a white list for access instead of password, but optimally the process would be similar to Teamspeak: user signs up on the forums, user accesses information on how to be white listed, possibly as simple as a check box to indicate the rules were read or something to that effect so there is no admin involvement needed. Really the hard part would be the first few games, after that everyone who wanted to be involved should be listed and only a few new people would need to be added as time goes on and regulars who played past nights wouldn't even need to know one was going on to join :) .
                      |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

TG-tagged members should be the first to be punished, as they have agreed to follow the rules and willingly accepted to follow them. Let alone the rules posted on the server itself that even public members must abide.

Are you saying tagged players are not susceptible to a ban or kick for breaking rules? Immune per say? If so, why isn't this changed? If I'm mistaken, disregard.
                        |TG-Irr| JWG

Battlefield 2 - Project Reality

Comment

Can we clear up this whole thing before it gets out of hand, please?

TG-tagged members ARE punished - severely - if they're caught breaking rules.

TG-tagged members ARE banned - a 1-week minimum AND usually forced to remove their tags - if they're caught breaking rules on a password event.

TG-tagged members HAVE BEEN banned for instances such as screwing around prior to the start of a scrimmage, doing things such as base raping the enemy and team killing.

The problem with the White List idea is that someone has to manage that. Guess who that will be? Yep, your friendly admins. Guess what those guys would rather be doing during password nights? Yeah, you got it - playing. Guess what we don't really want to do? Monitor the player list every 5 seconds and compare it against a list of approved players.

We've already tried something like this by putting the password on the teamspeak server, which forces players to be registered on our forums to have access to it. It doesn't work. Why? Because people tell their friends the password on: x-fire, ventrillo, msn, icq, skype, on and on and on and on and on. Try looking at the player list sometime on password night and see if you can positively ID every player on the server as being a registered forum member. You can't and you won't.

There is just no way to keep the password "secure" on password nights.

What will bring back a decent level of play on our servers?

How about this: Players helping the admins by reporting the tards on your team when they do something wrong! Players reporting someone on the other team for bunny-hopping or baserape doesn't help us if we're not on the team with the offending player - we can't discern who it is the same as the player who is doing the reporting. We need some help from the community! It always amazes me when a !Reporting message comes across the chat window (if it isn't immediately lost from the typical "Thanks for the H-AT!", "Who was the sniper I just knifed?", "Fail-copter", "Teams are stacked!" and other assorted retarded regurgitation I see on a daily basis) that TG-tagged players on the team being reported DO NOT HELP OUT THE ADMINS! Go read the damn Primer again and see if you are living up to what it says.

The only way that we are going to get our server back is for people to stop accepting the nonsense they see taking place on it now and helping the admins out a little bit. I don't know about you guys, but I sure as hell don't have 10 hours a day to sit down and watch BFR after BFR of all the things reported to find names and amass evidence to ban the offenders and get them off of our server.

We need to step it up AS A COMMUNITY and put an end to this! You can't just pay lip-service to the problem - you have to actually get off your ass and do something about it.

/rant

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

^ what Disposable said.

Yes the !report command works dandy when an admin is there to see it, but it often gets lost in the sea of garbage text. We don't have time to download the chat logs every morning and find every !report, write it down, and check up on it. You simply can't expect us to be there 24/7 watching the server. If someone is giving you trouble grab a screen-shot and send it to any of us over xfire or the forums and i guarantee we will do something about it.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

^ Like they said, the messages gets lost in the textspam.
                              Thats why i to 90% use xfire or Teamspeak when reporting rulebreakers.
                              Guess what? it works dandy like Nardini would have said.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X