Epic Tanking on Kashan 64

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epic Tanking on Kashan 64

Wow I seriously need to give my squad some recognition for that last battle. Normally I know this should be posted in the AAR section, but I think you should all be used as an example as to how armor is supposed to be done. I forgot to take a screenshot and my memory is really bad so I won't be able to remember all of the names, but you know who you are.

I couldn't think of a better example as to how vital communication is and how overrated numbers are when it comes to armor. By the numbers, our 3 tanks were able to down no less than 6 Abrams, 6 bradleys, 4 command trucks, 3 firebases, an ungodly amount of infantry, and 1 amazing shot against a fast moving humvee at least a kilometer away. There were no other tanks manned by any other team members.

Through constant communication with teammates, even without a commander, we were always able to catch the enemy off guard, whether by flanking them, charging them, coordinating fire against individual units to better the odds, or using formations. I watched several US tanks attempt to return fire at us only to get smoked as we directed fire on each of them.

All in all, job well done. A great example as to how to use armor.

Community, not corporation!

TG-Irr BetterDeadThanRe(D)

Xfire-BetterDeadThanRed1

Irregs PR CO

Re: Epic Tanking on Kashan 64

our score at the end of the map and the names

the 6th person disconnected at the end
    Last edited by RememberTheAlamo; 05-25-2009, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Good job. I bet the US tankers were mad.

1 thing that is very in-efficient is people who go out in 1 tank, without any backup. Sometimes this can just be a fun thing and it's circus hour and nobody gives a damn. But when your team-mates are counting on you, don't just take one tank out to fight the battle because:

YOU MAY DIE AND LOSE.

Working in groups, as you guys have demonstrated, is a lot more efficient because you can respond to calls on the enemy. Leading and even being in an armour squad requires some experience and knowledge on how to do it effectively, but follow these rules and you'll be off to a great start I reckon:

*Do not take one tank out to fight the battle. Fight in groups

*Don't stay in 1 place for too long, or you will encounter a hellfire missle or AGM from the enemy air units.
      Last edited by Berlancic; 05-25-2009, 04:40 PM. Reason: You may die and lose, not will.

sigpic

Comment

Not completely true. I once went out with a guy in one tank for just a few minutes, and we took out 2 enemy tanks and an apc on kashan. Then we RTB-ed and did something else.

Edit: Now that I think of it, if we'd been out there longer we probably would have been killed, so maybe you are right.

Comment

I'm not saying it isn't possible, I'm just saying it's not efficient. hold on let me edit something...

sigpic

Comment

It's A LOT better if u have more than 1 tank. You only killed 2 tanks and a bradley. We had all 3 tanks together and we killed like 7 tanks 7 bradleys and 3 FB + we helped capping most of the flags = our squad had the top score
            Last edited by RememberTheAlamo; 05-25-2009, 10:00 PM.

Comment

I think gunning is easy in armor. What seperates good tanks from meh ones are the drivers. (Sorry for ripping a little Wicks, but it's true.) On Qinling a few days ago, as British, in a Challenger.

My driver and I took out 2 FAVs, 6 Trucks, 1 APC, 1 tank, 3 Transport Choppers, 1 Attack Chopper, and about 3 squads worth of infantry. We would of died long before we touched half of those assets if it wasn't for my driver.

As well, tanking in open maps like Kashan and Qinling is nothing compared to the crampedness of Kozelsk. It's likes having a football game in a closet.

Comment

Hello there fellows, a perfect round indeed ! I haven't played too many of those and never in the T72 which I found the low-pitched engine sound more comfortable for comms than the vanilla one (T90) ; just one of those details which I for being seasoned at armour leading become picky about.

So okay, the A10 pilot was rather bad, engaging Bradley wrecks on our first encounter and unable to aim his gun properly in several runs at the end but the round went so perfectly well. Careful squad leading, accurate intel from the troops, cooperative AAVs, fighter cover, we had it all.

Not to autocongratulate or brag but I agree with the above post. IMO the factors that make the difference in armour are synchronisation (like popping up a ridge at the same time to engage), positioning in formation and according to terrain, on the move and while stationed.

All of this was achieved by the drivers yesterday. I can think of a moment when a HAT just landed on the ground 5m ahead of my tank because I had carefully placed it in a hull-down position and I don't mention the evasive actions at the end. Nevertheless, the gunners played their part superbly as mentioned by the OP, even shooting a BH down.

Comment

Originally posted by RememberTheAlamo View Post
                  It's A LOT better if u have more than 1 tank. You only killed 2 tanks and a bradley. We had all 3 tanks together and we killed like 7 tanks 7 bradleys and 3 FB + we helped capping most of the flags = our squad had the top score
                  You killed that many because you were with more. So, you're only copying what the above poster said, more armor = more effenciency. I'm just pointing out that if there's noone else using armor on your team, you can still be effective in a single tank.

Originally posted by Axis_Sniper View Post
                  I think gunning is easy in armor. What seperates good tanks from meh ones are the drivers. (Sorry for ripping a little Wicks, but it's true.) On Qinling a few days ago, as British, in a Challenger.
                  I always thought so too, until yesterday when I played a round on Kashan, and my gunner missed about nearly every shot.

Comment

I think you need both driver and a gunner that know that they are doing in order to succeed like we did.

Comment

Originally posted by xxlebox View Post
                      I always thought so too, until yesterday when I played a round on Kashan, and my gunner missed about nearly every shot.
                      I'm not saying the gunner can be a monkey after given an entire bottle of Nitequil. But the driver is most important part of the tank. Having a bad gunner isn't as bad as having a bad driver.

Comment

Yeah, I understand the driver can make the gunner's life easier... but seeing your gunner missing a tank that's standing still, while we were too gets annoying after a while. :p

Comment

Yeah, I understand the driver can make the gunner's life easier... but seeing your gunner missing a tank that's standing still, while we were too gets annoying after a while. :p

That's what I like about this game. The flukey hits :P

Comment

The path of the tank projectile is distorted when viewed from the driver position, so shells that hit will actually appear to fly over the target. This is why it's important for the gunner to always verbally report whether he hits the target or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Axis_Sniper View Post
                              I'm not saying the gunner can be a monkey after given an entire bottle of Nitequil. But the driver is most important part of the tank. Having a bad gunner isn't as bad as having a bad driver.
                              true cause if u have a bad driver u will just get killed and lose points

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X