IWS: Team B vs Team C - May 31

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IWS: Team B vs Team C - May 31

I feel a little out of place posting this since I was only a reserve on this match. I suppose all the other players are still passed out from dehydration after that three and a quarter hour marathon of a game which ended in a close Victory for Team B.

I saw most of the fight from the air, being the designated CAS pilot, and I have to say that both sides put up what I can only describe as the most intense round of Ramiel I have ever been a part of. Props to both technical gunners who managed to shoot me down... and to that palm tree at docks, he's a sneaky bastard.

For once I think this is a game where no side could be said to have "gotten lucky" in any respect. Both teams were evenly matched and both teams played their hearts out. There were several points at which the match looked like it was leaning in one direction, only to turn around a few minutes later.

Some points of interest were:
    • The second cache to be destroyed was actually the first to be noticed. It could be seen in the bottom right hand corner of the map loading screen. BluFor called artillery on it from half a map away.
    • Insurgents used their bomb cars to great effect, taking out several Strykers and Humvees throughout the match.
    • Several fights over caches in the C4 / D4 / E4 region of the city resulted in retreats and routs for the BluFor, they were so well defended.
    • The final 3 caches proved to be the harded. At the time the 7th cache was destroyed, the BluFor had in excess of 200 tickets. At round's end, less than 30 remained.

Good Game to all who participated.

On a personal note: I think I speak for all of Team D when I say, we hope those on Team C enjoyed the taste of defeat today, because we'll be serving it up hot and fresh for you again next week. ARRR!:row1_27:

Re: IWS: Team B vs Team C - May 31

The first time you died, my technical gunner (GiJoe) smoked you, and I finished you off with a MANPADs.

Comment

That was one of the best and tireing rounds i have played. As the stryker team leader we were almost immune from fire in the first hour but as our protection vehicles started to die so did we. Although I wasn't part of the fight for the city caches because it would be suicide, I could see it was difficult by the waves of our top inf squads going in and getting pushed back with no results.

Hopwfully next time I play ramiel in the public server we will have some great coordination and teamwork like what i saw today.
      |TG-69th|chrisweb89

Comment

Originally posted by chrisweb89 View Post
        That was one of the best and tireing rounds i have played. As the stryker team leader we were almost immune from fire in the first hour but as our protection vehicles started to die so did we. Although I wasn't part of the fight for the city caches because it would be suicide, I could see it was difficult by the waves of our top inf squads going in and getting pushed back with no results.

Hopwfully next time I play ramiel in the public server we will have some great coordination and teamwork like what i saw today.
        Yeah...I was leading a motorized infantry squad and we alternated between being your flank protection and providing covering or suppressive fire for advancing infantry.

I know some bomb cars got through...and I cursed them (and myself) mightily for that! We did manage to kill a variety of flanking interlopers though...and provide a little cover. I also took small consolation in the fact that if we ate an RPG it meant you did not :D

The OpFor played an awesome round, and I like Disco noted it seemed there were no crazy bad luck / good luck moments (i.e. 3 or 4 caches in 1 arty etc.). It was tiring and intense...but what a blast!

Major kudos to my squad: Axis / Alamo / Havok / Mike / Unlocks. They played a tight, disciplined round, and did all I asked of them and then some!

Much thanks to all our pick-up players, the commanders on both teams, T-MAN and his ability to bring order from chaos, and the my pc for behaving properly throughout ;)

I now see that this puts Team Delta and Team Charlie at an even number of wins. One more round left in the IWS, and I'm sure it will be epic!

Cheers,

|

It is the rule in war, if ten times the enemy's strength, surround them; if five times, attack them;
        if double, engage them; if equal, be able to divide them; if fewer, be able to evade them; if weaker, be able to avoid them.

Comment

Most definetly the hardest fought round of Ramiel ive ever played by far. But i had to admit i was super agrivated and demoralized by the end of the round because of the hard fighting but i THROUGHLY enjoyed hitting 4 strykers and 2 hummers with ma bomb cars! But that doesnt go without saying that they got me a few times! And Disco, your a real pain to have to keep hiding when we heard that LB of yours.

Good work both teams and team D, dont expect us to lose again next week. We decided to lose on purpose just to make it look like we didnt rape and pillage. ;)
          sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Originally posted by gijoe View Post
            Good work both teams and team D, dont expect us to lose again next week. We decided to lose on purpose just to make it look like we didnt rape and pillage. ;)
            Uh huh, whatever you say Joe. I'll tell you what I think, I think you need to go update your signature. :D

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoJedi View Post
              I saw most of the fight from the air, being the designated CAS pilot
              And a hell of a good one!

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

Originally posted by gijoe View Post
                Yea I'm thinking you need to update your signature as well Joe, also if you want to save yourself the time go ahead and make it so it reads Wins - 3; Losses - 2 :p

Comment

Anyone have the battlerecorder file? It didnt show up in the list for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Havok View Post
                    Yea I'm thinking you need to update your signature as well Joe, also if you want to save yourself the time go ahead and make it so it reads Wins - 3; Losses - 2 :p
                    Ohhhh, buuuurn!:icon_eek:
                    [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwPLQ43JVYU[/media]

Comment

Well fought match. Driving circles in the humvees for 3.5 hours was a tiring process, my heart goes out to unlocks for his patience.

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoJedi View Post
                        Uh huh, whatever you say Joe. I'll tell you what I think, I think you need to go update your signature. :D
                        Originally posted by Havok View Post
                        Lolz

Comment

Absolutely wonderful match guys, although I was a driver of a humvee I sure had my hands full keeping it alive, I lost one humvee but was able to save the crew and another at the end when the last cache was artied. I really have to thank goat for his exemplary SL behaviour, he did great keeping the humvees organized. Charity did amazing as well keeping the team in shape.

As a side note, did anyone happen to catch the BR file? I got the 2 of the warmup and not the actual match -.-

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
                          In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

Yeah it almost got to the point time was the factor that would decide the match. As commander I tried to keep the caches defended at all times. I think my team did extremely well, and defended the caches in the way I asked of them. However, those caches at the docks are non defensible, but still I think this game only lasted this long since we were evenly matched!

Well played, good win!

p.s. Disco it will be my sole purpose to make you go on the forums and have to admit defeat ;)

Comment

Originally posted by sapientiea View Post
                              p.s. Disco it will be my sole purpose to make you go on the forums and have to admit defeat ;)
                              I guess I have been laying it on a little thick eh? Ok, enough tough talk. Both teams played well today, and I expect both will play just as hard, if not harder, for the big 'W' next week.

'nuff said.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X