Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First time on PR. Thought it was kinda slow.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time on PR. Thought it was kinda slow.

Well I guess kinda was an understatement. I spawned in and joined a squad, which I could not locate the entire round. I walked around for a while looking for something- someone to shoot, something to drive around, but alas I found nothing. I spawned at a main base or something and found 2 ppl there. I joined them in looking across a blown up bridge. Exciting. Then I heard some shooting (yay!) and went to check it out, turns out it was some of my guys shooting at nothing into the air. I asked a couple times how I could locate my squad, but got no response. Am I doing something wrong??? I hear about how great this mod is, but im not at all impressed so far. How can I navigate to find my squad? What should I be doing to shoot someone or take a flag?

Re: First time on PR. Thought it was kinda slow.

Come back to POE.......

Comment

Originally posted by MrShawn305 View Post
      Well I guess kinda was an understatement. I spawned in and joined a squad, which I could not locate the entire round. I walked around for a while looking for something- someone to shoot, something to drive around, but alas I found nothing. I spawned at a main base or something and found 2 ppl there. I joined them in looking across a blown up bridge. Exciting. Then I heard some shooting (yay!) and went to check it out, turns out it was some of my guys shooting at nothing into the air. I asked a couple times how I could locate my squad, but got no response. Am I doing something wrong??? I hear about how great this mod is, but im not at all impressed so far. How can I navigate to find my squad? What should I be doing to shoot someone or take a flag?
      Tap your Capslock Key.. this will bring up the map.. your squad will be Green.

Comment

Reading the manual helps a bit, too.

Typically it's better to hold off spawning initially, and join the squad first. Many times they'll have a rally point set down that you can spawn on nearby them, or a lot closer to them than the mainbase at least. Talk with your squadleader over voip (default B key) and ask him what kit is needed, and where he would like you to spawn. Stick with the Squad Leader, and it'll all be good.

If you join an armor/air squad or something like that, or even infantry, explaining that you're new and don't know your way around would help as well. Most of the people around here would be more than willing to help you out.

Comment

Reading the manual certainly helps since PR is quite different from most of the BF2 mods. Also, when you join a squad, let the SL know you're new to PR. I'm sure any TG squad leader will be glad to show you the ropes :)

Who knows, maybe you'll see a squad called LEARN_PR this week-end :)

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

Print the manual off and read it while playing, like you say there is plenty of time for thinking in PR. That is deliberate

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

The manual is the way to go. Many people don't help you because whenever you ask questions like that, they just think you're too lazy. Which isn't the case all the time. It is slow, you can go for four hours without getting any action. But PR is focused on being real, not being arcadey and actiony.

Excuse my improvisation of words.

EDIT: not to say that PR is boring, I don't mean that. It is very fun.
              Last edited by Berlancic; 06-05-2009, 05:04 AM.

sigpic

Comment

The game is slower than regular BF2, but it's also much more intense. Read the manual, follow your squad leader and do whatever he says. A good squad leader will give you a job and will put you in front of the enemy if you listen. Running off on your own will either get you killed in a hurry, and or you'll have lots of time to wonder what the rest of the team is doing.

Hit your capslock key and click on your name. Your squad will be green but you will be white so that you know where you are on the map. Stick with your squad.

Comment

If are new and joining a squad, its always good to tell alteast the squadleader that you are new. Im sure you will find alot of people willing to teach you and getting on the public channel on teamspeak, is a good place to ask for different questions. But like other have pointed out, start of with reading the manual. You can also try to get on a TGU course, you will have a instructor telling how and what to do in different situations. Good luck

TG-6th|Almightylion

"It's feedom for everybody or freedom for nobody"" - Malcolm X

Comment

That reminds me of my first ever time on Battlefield 2 at a cyber cafe :)

I think the first guy I shot was an Admin.. On my team... Twice :P

Everyone has said what to do. Read the manual and don't be afraid to ask as the majority of players will be very welcoming.

Be patient in learning, all will make sense.

I have to agree, the battles are much more intense, and you have to think alot more on stategy and tactics, and your squad or team, than BF2.

I'll likely have a squad running, or two, over the weekend. Please join and ask any question, feel free to relax into things. I know many others will be the same for you.

And welcome :)

Comment

I do believe you got a few good TK's in last night MrShawn! ;) Never be afraid to ask the regulars, you will find they are all willing to help. Best tip for now is to stay on the ground, once you grasp the basic infantry stuff, then look to assets, but best wait until you get the jist first.

Comment

PR is more about realism, immersion, tactics and teamwork. And it's not a fast shooter like PoE or vBF2. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by MrShawn305 View Post
                          I guess we just don't realize after playing all the iterations of the mod, how hard it is to get into it if you start off in a bad squad. If you were in my squad I would have sent the NOOB-patrol to pick you up for sure man :). Better luck next time.

Comment

Wow I didnt think it was that different from BF2 or POE! I guess thats why I didnt read the manual, I just assumed it would be simmilar. I will read it while im here at work today :) that way ill be ready for tonight! Although Ill most likely be in POE as I hear it will be busy. The caps lock for the map is a huge help as I didnt know about that. Im sure ill learn alot more in the manual as well. Thanks a bunch. And al- a noob patrol would have been awesome! but like jeepo said, I prolly would have tk'd them thinking they were enemy lol.

Comment

Where can I find the manual? The link to the guide in Whiskey's sticky does not work... asks for a username and password for realitymod.com

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X