A few things that need to be fixed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few things that need to be fixed

There are a few issues that have been on-going for months here and came up again last night on password night. I would like to address them here and begin the process of bringing them to a halt.

First is the issue of complaining about how one is killed in all-chat. Things like complaining about H-AT on infantry (or using about any other weapon other than a rifle or a knife). This does nothing positive to the atmosphere on the server and serves only to bait a response from the other team. From there, tempers flare and the war of words begins.

The bottom line: You died. If it was not in a way which directly violates the rules then please just suck it up and wait for your medic or respawn. No one cheated, you just got killed, that's all. It is a game, and you've killed plenty of people in the game, too.

So, stop whining. If issues like this continue, particularly on password night, the player doing the whining will get a warning and then be removed from the server if it continues for griefing the server and disrupting play.

The next issue is complaining about teams. I know this is going to open up the whole "teamstacking" can of worms again. I don't want to do that, because teamstacking can be a problem on the server, whether it is intentional or not doesn't matter. The point I want to get across is that there is a right way and a wrong way to address these type of concerns. The wrong way is to complain over and over in chat about it. This is, again, only going to start a war of words with players on the other team, and we'll consider it griefing the server and remove you regardless of whether you are right or wrong about the balance of the teams.

The right way to go about it would be to ask in either global chat or to approach the other team in teamspeak and ask if the teams can get balanced out on the next round. Don't keep harping on it, just ask and let it go after that. I'm positive people will switch over to help between rounds, because it is near impossible to do so during the round because of the auto-balance on the server.

Lastly, I'd like to discuss the usage of assets. We have this problem all the time so it bears repeating: Don't use the same assets every time you play! Don't call assets on teamspeak for the next round before the current round has ended, and as a matter of fact don't call them at all. It is entirely unfair to the players that aren't on teamspeak and have no idea you've called them. Mix up your repertoire a little bit and try something different. Let other players, especially those that are not TG tagged players or regulars, use the assets on the map. Play infantry for a change. Share the wealth.

So, I'm basically asking people to be mature. Read the tag line on the graphic in the upper left of this web page:

"The PREMIERE online community for mature gamers"

Let's start living up to that, please.

Thanks
    Last edited by disposableHero; 06-05-2009, 12:54 PM. Reason: Apparently I can't tell my left from my right

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Re: A few things that need to be fixed

You must spread some rep....

Comment

Namaste

Haikus are easy.
      But sometimes they don't make sense.
      Refrigerator.

Comment

Same here jeepo...
        If people are becoming so bored when playing that they have to resort to this immature behaviour I will give them something to do, call it a project. The project is "appeal a ban". - Wicks

Comment

As I cannot +rep disposable until I spread some rep I will instead give the thread some stars. People who whine/taunt and hoard assets are not playing the TG way, and make us look bad to new players.
          |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Would the whole calling assets thing fall under someone saying "Im making a Trans/CAS/Armor squad next round, anyone want in?"
            sigpic

Comment

Good for adressing this. I need to pay attention to the first issue more.

sigpic

Comment

good post! Everybody make sure you follow this, it will make live on the server so much easier!

Comment

Originally posted by Spitfire14 View Post
                  Would the whole calling assets thing fall under someone saying "Im making a Trans/CAS/Armor squad next round, anyone want in?"
                  I believe that is exactly what he is getting at.

Comment

I dont know. I havent been around for a while so I figured people were on some "I GET THE A-10 NEXT ROUND LOLOL" kind of thing.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spitfire14 View Post

Assuming this is made on TS, than ya. It makes it really unfair for people who aren't on TS, because they join the game and see an asset squad has already been made, filled, and locked, all because the logistics were all discussed on TS. And most of the time, that squad will be filled with regulars, because, let's face it, regulars are the ones who get on TS. And the problem with this is that it makes us, TG, appear to be higher than we are. It paints an image of superiority, and that drives away potential players.

It also ties into the whole diversity-of-playing aspect. Dispo made the point of varying up how you play. If you fly the jets or choppers every round, and let's face it, there are a few people who either fly or use armor EVERY single round, then maybe it's time to put down the pilots helmet and pick up a rifle.

Comment

Good post mate, hope people reads it and understands it :P

Comment

It needed saying and you have explained a tedious point with eloquence.

Comment

I say this all goes for the map and the team though...

Some public players are... extremely lacking. Like today on Kashan, They took the f16, almost crashed into the fence on the left side, veered hard right and only jsut cleared the fence again. Then proceeded to just loop in circles at around 4000 feet. Now in case of this and many other times, a public player hops into a tank, they'll drive up to an enemy location. They lose it in a few seconds, they take Apache and it rolls over. They take a blackhawk full of troops, get locked on and jump out, pull their parachute. etc.

I do agree with the statement dispo made but it should also be seen as "If they're going to waste it and are incompetant... might be best to take it yourself."

Comment

Originally posted by fullkontact View Post
                              I say this all goes for the map and the team though...

Some public players are... extremely lacking. Like today on Kashan, They took the f16, almost crashed into the fence on the left side, veered hard right and only jsut cleared the fence again. Then proceeded to just loop in circles at around 4000 feet. Now in case of this and many other times, a public player hops into a tank, they'll drive up to an enemy location. They lose it in a few seconds, they take Apache and it rolls over. They take a blackhawk full of troops, get locked on and jump out, pull their parachute. etc.

I do agree with the statement dispo made but it should also be seen as "If they're going to waste it and are incompetant... might be best to take it yourself."
                              That's is why I get stirred up in team chat because of incompetent people who don't bother to read the manual, have NO respect for anybody but themselves and think LA DE DA THIS IS VANILLA!!!!! It's like WAKE UP and read a game manual for once and actually act decent to other people around you and quit acting like a complete smacktard. Of course some pubbies actually take the time to read the manual and show respect and understand this isnt chocolate, strawberry, or vanilla! Those are the ones that make great additions to our community and I wouldn't mind playing with. I'm going to say this: I understand the [DEV]'s work their a**es off making this mod but I am not impressed by some(not all, a very select three or four) that fall between the two categories aforementioned.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X