really bad lag???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• really bad lag???

Not sure if this belongs in hardware/software but it seems in the map kozelsk I have been having really bad lag issues. so far it only seems to happen in that map. I have way beyond reccomended hardware: Dell Precision T3400, ATi 4870, 4GB DDR-2 800 ECC, Q6600, 3x seagate cheatah 15K RPM SAS drives in RAID 0 stripe. I am running Windows 7 beta build 7100 (latest) and am running in XP SP2 compatability mode and running as admin.

Im not sure what could be causing this as I have tried a reinstall of PR and that did not help. I also verified all temps are fine and even cranked the 4870 fan to 75% which is way more than enough I find. Anyone have any ideas? Im testing other maps now and I will update with results. Thanks!!!

Re: really bad lag???

Originally posted by MrShawn305 View Post
    Not sure if this belongs in hardware/software but it seems in the map kozelsk I have been having really bad lag issues. so far it only seems to happen in that map. I have way beyond reccomended hardware: Dell Precision T3400, ATi 4870, 4GB DDR-2 800 ECC, Q6600, 3x seagate cheatah 15K RPM SAS drives in RAID 0 stripe. I am running Windows 7 beta build 7100 (latest) and am running in XP SP2 compatability mode and running as admin.

Im not sure what could be causing this as I have tried a reinstall of PR and that did not help. I also verified all temps are fine and even cranked the 4870 fan to 75% which is way more than enough I find. Anyone have any ideas? Im testing other maps now and I will update with results. Thanks!!!
    Server needs an upgrade, not the clients.

Comment

I asked a few other ppl and they say that they were not having issues. Also things that were built (MG placements, ammo crates, etc.. were all glowing red and I would lag horribly when looking at them or in their direction. It seemed if I looked away the lag would go away. Any ideas?

Comment

Is this lag constant from the get-go, or does it build up after awhile? Only on Koszleskleslksks or anywhere else?

I only ask this because I also started using Win7 beta 7100. Whenever I play on that install, after an hour or two I start getting really chunky lag - where if I turn fast, it really breaks up badly. This never happens on my XP install. The only difference (other than the OS, of course) is that on XP, the game is on a separate hard drive from Windows, whereas Windows 7 has the game installed on the same drive. I don't know if that's an issue, or if it's just from playing on a beta OS (the most likely culprit).

Also, which 7 beta are you running, 32-bit or 64? I'm running 64-bit...
        |TG-6th|Belhade
        "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

I have been rubber-banding and lagging my way around for a few weeks now. It would be interesting to find out if others have it. So far queries have turned up a few yes' and a few no's.

On the map in question, apart from the above, if I go to optical sights, there are times when the whole world slows down to a standstill.

Since we have met these issues before I checked my drivers and so on. Drivers seem updated, all seems ok, though I’m no computer whiz and may miss something.

Although this is for the technical forum, it would be interesting to glean from the community what is happening to them since I am no computer whiz and looking for a general feeling of the issue at hand, and if the conclusion is say my ISP, which I am tempted to think it is, I have to ask the others in the house and my landlord to change it.

Zoiks.

Comment

I think it could be your graphics card, my new ATI 4850 has the same problems on some of the more graphics intensive maps such as kozelsk and ramiel, i suggest just turning down Anti-aliasing or Texture filtering and if that doesnt work try some other settings on medium.

Comment

Originally posted by ollie_fool View Post
              I think it could be your graphics card, my new ATI 4850 has the same problems on some of the more graphics intensive maps such as kozelsk and ramiel, i suggest just turning down Anti-aliasing or Texture filtering and if that doesnt work try some other settings on medium.
              He has a 4870 and that isnt the problem i dont think. That card should be able to handle the game
              |TG-31st| WarPig1292

Comment

Well my wife is playing on a 7600GT OC with settings maxed and it runs fine for her so there is no reason why a 4870 would not be able to handle it. As far as the game install, it is installed on the same partition as the OS which is 64bit. That was a mistake as I usually install to a different drive. The lag seems to start right from the get go, but the other night I was not having this issue on a different map. Also, there was one point where things were getting choppy and I went to look through binocs and the game just froze totally and I had to alt+F4 out of the game. I will try another re-install, this time installing to my game drive and I will let you all know how that turns out.

Comment

I had a similar problem on my Vista system with 4GB ram. Found this fix on the Reality Mod website.

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27-...s-v0-85-a.html

Q: I am getting crash to desktops when loading/changing levels.
                  Q: I am getting a lot of lag on levels.

A: The most common cause of this is that you are running out of memory. BF2 was a memory intensive game, and PR only increases on that.

First, you can try lowering your video settings, in particular, Textures. If that doesn't help or fix your issue, you can try increasing your virtual memory. Information on how to do this is located in the Installation Guide wiki. See HERE.

If that STILL doesn't work, you can try patching your bf2.exe to allow it to use more than 2GB of memory. Firstly, you want to backup your current bf2.exe in your /Battlefield 2/ folder. To do this, simply rename it from bf2.exe to bf2.exe.original. You should back it up incase you have any issues in the future. Now you need to download the patched bf2.exe. This can be found in THIS zip file (THIS one if your using the EA Downloader version) (If you get a virus warning, ignore it, just a false positive). Simply extract it next to bf2.exe.original, and your good to go. Thanks to R.J.Travis for the original method.
                  Hope this helps!

Comment

I can assure everyone that the server is just fine and any lag issues people are experiencing are related to either their hardware, their connection, or a specific map such as QinLing where everyone experiences lag.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Ill try the patch, I noticed Im pushing 3-3.5GB of ram used when playing, so I might just return the PS2 I got yesterday and order 8GB of 1066!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X