Brainstorming for an event - Assault on Storage Bunker 13

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brainstorming for an event - Assault on Storage Bunker 13

Below is a scenario event I thought up just as the IWS started way back when, let me know what you think.

Assault On Storage Bunker 13 (it is a rip off from the John Carpenter and recently redone movie version of Assault on Precinct 13)

The Previous Scenario Event I was apart of went very well (it was cougar's one life to live Soap Opera in Al Basrah), and the thought came to me this morning while waiting for the train that the below scenario could spark some interest, and might be worth a shot.

I request that the date be for: TBD Date, Euro friendly Time & that it be held on the Private server so it will not disrupt normal game play, or if it is not available and if there is a lot of interest that it be held on the public server with a password.

Chechen Fighters Vs. Russia. - Assault on Mestia – The time in which the Russians have to take the storage bunker is set between 45min or up to an hour (this can be talked about before in Team Speak, or until the Chechen Fighters and Bishop are killed off completely.) - No commander for either team.

Each side gets a 10-20 minute prep time (This isn’t in stone, if both sides have their main firebase deployed and the necessary barricades in place then the scenario can begin) - During this time no shots are to be fired.

Chechen Fighters comprised of 2 squads 12 total (or from 6- 12 depending on how many players sign up attend) are inside the storage bunker they can fortify as best as they want however they are not allowed to use any specialty kits, only the kits that are given to them to start off the round.

The Chechen side is allowed to construct a firebase inside the Storage Bunker, and also deploy razor wire and sandbags. Machine Gun nests can be deployed for two additional sandbags, however they cannot be manned at any time. The Chechen players are not allowed to deploy any rally points

- Each Chechen player is allowed two lives - Revives are allowed and does not count as a life.
    - Only allowed to use the technical’s that spawn for Ammunition or as a barricade.
    - One additional player is to be designated as Marion Bishop (he is the main culprit that the British in this case is after) – He is the only player allowed to have a specialty Kit which is the grenadier kit and only gets one life.

Russian Forces - Able to spawn as many times as it takes - up to 50 players if needed (depending on how many people sign up or attend.

Russians are allowed to set up a line defense out in front with full defenses, and construct as many firebases as they want. The Russians are also allowed to place Rally Points (none are allowed past the Main Firebase Line. [this is a wip]

- The Main FB is the one where everyone will be starting the attack from or from their respective RP's. However if you choose to attack from the RP you cannot have access to any kits, each separate squad must start their assault from either their RP or Firebase.

Sandbags are allowed to be manned and you are allowed to pop off shots, however if you are shot you must try to stay alive where you are, no running to the firebases to get health or to request a kit for additional medical patches, you're only chance of survival is if there is a medic nearby or an ammo crate or someone who is willing to give you patches. No .50 Cal emplacements are allowed.

- If needed or wanted Grenadiers are allowed to pop off smoke rounds as much as they desire to into the open entrances of the storage bunker or in front, they are not allowed to fire off M203 grenades at the start or during each assault (these players must remain at the constructed firebase, and if they choose to assault they may not switch kits.)

- Other than grenadiers (who can only launch smoke grenades), Combat Engineer (The C4 can only be used to breach the front entrance, not to be used as a weapon) and a sniper/marksmen team no other specialty kits are allowed. No HAT, MANPAD or LAT, No Crewman.

Fragmentation grenades may not be spammed, this can also be up for discussion, i originally didn't include outlawing them, but upon further discussion they can be eliminated from use, or can only be used sporadically. -WIP/TBD

Russian Squad Leaders are allowed to set RP's (none inside the storage bunker they are allowed to use whichever kits they want, though there must be at least 2 squad leaders at any given time.

Vehicle Layout

Russian APC's/BTR - Only allowed to be used for transport (if needed initially) and dropping ammo. The main gun or the coaxial spray machine gun fire as forms of suppression effects, as well as Heat round on the roof/sides of the bunker for suppression effects are allowed to be operated.[/B]

The APC’s Must stay in front, on the side or behind the Main Firebase, they are not allowed to be used as a breaching tool. However they are allowed to be used to pick up wounded troops, and if they are destroyed they may not be used again.

Transport Trucks - Are to be used as Transports, and to drop off ammo.

Logistic Trucks - Are only allowed to drop crates, and Repair stations. If the truck is destroyed/flipped it will not longer be available.

Assault Setup

- The Primary attack is more of a recon probe and can only consist of 2-3 men.

- The Secondary attack can consist of up to 8 men.

- After both the primary and secondary attacks have been carried out the Russian team is allowed to send as many men as they wish. There must be a 5-10 minute space between each assault (however though everyone knows it, it isn't to be discussed, because the advancing Russian Teams at this point doesn't have to attack every 5 minutes, they can go at their own discretion and send as many troops/squads as they want whenever they want).

- The Chechen forces will have to Defend from various area's inside the storage bunker, the Russian side my try and enter any opening, and if the main door is breached it can not be repaired, and the Russian forces will then have the chance to enter from that way. The Chechen soldiers inside may barricade that entrance with foxholes/razor wire etc and they are allowed to re-shovel

The main objective for the Russians forces to penetrate the fortress and eliminate Marion Bishop, a wanted murderer who is going to testify against several members of the Russian team at the storage bunker, in regards to extortion, corruption and murder in which he took part in and against several high ranking Chechen and Russian officials. The recent information that Bishop is indeed holed up in the Storage bunker with other Chechen members, Russian forces are now advised to leave no witnesses, and to do whatever it takes to eliminate Bishop.

Everyone at the start of the round will know who Bishop is.

I am requesting a Sign up or forum posting be made in the Tactical Gamer Project Reality Forums and that it be done on the private server, so it doesn't disrupt normal game play. Everyone willing to participate must be on TS. Anyone not on TS with access to the PW will be told to tell who gave them the PW [the player who gave it out will also be told say they did it, if they don't I have no problem canceling the event right then and there, i know its harsh, but i don't have a problem doing it] and that player who gave it out will be kicked from the event and will face further consequences from the admins) - though I don't see it being a problem, because I don't see any member giving out a PW to someone who isn't signed up for the event.

*Also I am suggesting that mumble be used, and everyone have the appropriate set up. Even having everyone in the same channel would be a bonus, but TS as posted above will also be used and players will be in separate TS channels.*

*No area attack will be used/needed.*
    Last edited by Delta*RandyShugart*; 06-08-2009, 11:07 PM. Reason: clarifying some mistakes I previously missed
    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    NYS EMT-B
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Re: Brainstorming for an event - Assault on Storage Bunker 13

Sounds like a great idea! :row__537:

Comment

Good stuff Randy, thanks for putting it together. Let's get this going.

Comment

You didn't specify where this bunker is. Are we to assume that it is the tunnel complex on Kozelsk? Or is it the storage bunker on Mestia? Cool idea though!

Comment

My apologies, by accident I erased Assault on Mestia and somehow put in the title after I typed out Chechen Fighters vs. Russia. I will also highlight that in bold for others, thanks google for finding that.
          Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
          NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.

Comment

The Previous Scenario Event I was apart of went very well (it was cougar's one life to live Soap Opera in Al Basrah), and the thought came to me this morning while waiting for the train that the below scenario could spark some interest, and might be worth a shot.
            Whut?

I'm watching OLTL right now!
            |TG-6th|Belhade
            "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

that sound very cool i hope this kind of event comes out realy soon.

Comment

VERY cool idea and concept, if more stuff like this comes up (and if I can get PR to work >:C ) I'd be more than willing to become a supporting member.
                What do you write here, anyway?

Comment

Great idea, I just hope the russians can't use any hand grenades or it'll be a slaughter lol.

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
                  In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

Great. I could be hard for 12 Chechens to hold 50 Russians though.

Comment

Would it be +10 GMT friendly? Aussie Friendly?
                      Eh I probably wouldn't show up, lots of things show up in the last minute that are more important than PR.

sigpic

Comment

Count me in if this goes ahead.....i cant wait to say over teamspeak, "There are no Heroes anymore bishop.....just men who follow orders.....SHASHKA!!!"

:D
                        Nihility

Comment

No date or time is set, it is listed as TBD. My intention is to get some insight from the community before PM'ing it to the admins, and setting a date and a euro friendly time etc.....as well as a possible headcount on how many TG registered members would be interested in participating.
                          Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                          NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
                            No date or time is set, it is listed as TBD. My intention is to get some insight from the community before PM'ing it to the admins, and setting a date and a euro friendly time etc.....as well as a possible headcount on how many TG registered members would be interested in participating.
                            I should be able to participate any time. I am ehhhhh....I'll just put like this:very intriuging when it comes to flexibility ;)
                            I'm going to watch BH:Down within the next week, so I might be up to something soon.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X