Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Menu/In game issue

Has anyone ever encountered this before:

You are dead/critically wounded in PR, you press escape to exit the in game. The menu comes up, and the music works, but the screen freezes for a bit. Then a pop-up message comes up and says that PunkBuster Heartbeats A epic failed and has DCed you from the server.

Well, obviously it doesn't say actually say that, but you get the picture.

sigpic

Re: Weird Menu/In game issue

I do get a kick whenever I go to desktop ingame (to change the channel or turn on teamspeak) I press Alt + Tab = quickest way out, it goes to desktop I join teamspeak or change the channel then I hold alt and pressing the tab untill BF2 shows up and I get back ingame. I get the ingamescreen and second later it freezes and kicks me for Punkbuster heartbeats failed...

It's really annoying since I MUST connect to teamspeak while ingame or I Lag ( strangest problem I know, but whenever i connect to TS before I start BF2, it lags like hell)

Anyone experiencing same problem ?
    And yea berlancic I do get that Bug from time to time.

Comment

I have seen and heard of this before with regular old vanilla. I did a quick search and seeing that lots of people had issues with their anti virus and pb to get the heartbeat error.

Check your a/v settings and make sure that any firewalls are down and that your a/v is shut down as much as possible when you're gaming.

Hope that helps.

Comment

I get that Heartbeat Failure too occasionally, in exactly that situation Orpal. If I have tabbed out to move around TS/Mumble Punkbuster suffers a cardiac arrest. Sometimes it is happier if I tab out during the loading screen than in-game, but nevertheless it is still a dumb PB error...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X