Angry Squad Leaders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angry Squad Leaders

If you are stressed for whatever reason, try not to lead a squad. Because you'll eventually take it out on them, which harms your reputation/sets a bad example.
    Do everyone a favour, don't SL if you feel like you might burst out with incredible anger.
    Take a break and calm down, this is not only for everyone else who has to come under your anger, but for your own wellbeing.

NOTE: When I say reputation, you might have ranted and gone crazy one night. Then you create a squad another night when you feel ontop of the world, and nobody seems to join.

On first meet with someone, people make assumptions. So if you unleash your fury on people, they get the impression that you are mean and unpleasant to be around.
    We're here to have fun and strive for realism. I understand that we're all angry at some point, but just punch a pillow or just watch some TV or something. We don't want to set a bad example.

NOTE: I brought this up because I've seen some example of this happen over the past, and I feel sorry for those who have to bear it. Just kick people from the squad if they're being a nuisance.

sigpic

Re: Angry Squad Leaders

Good post.

I know for a fact that I can get pissed off when I'm SL'ing and not getting any support, but you're absolutely right; kick the offending squad members, and move on. No need ruin a perfectly good game with a bad attitude.

Mind you, I'm okay with a "motivational tone", but there's no need to get angry when you can kick anybody out of your squad that you need to.

Comment

Does this mean that when I'm new to squadleading, I probably shouldn't be trying either? I've been trying for a couple of times now, and I seem to be improving micro-step by micro-step, but I also notice squad members usually don't have as much fun, as when compared to being in a squad that's really succesful.

Do we have any squadleading crash courses? I love the idea of squad leading, and I know all the basics etc., but for some reason, I always seem to get me and my squad surrounded and being blown to bits. Even if we're well in friendly territory. :P

I have to say though, I often get angry at myself for sucking at something.

Comment

no you should always try to squad lead. He means if you are SL and you are getting frustrates and are going to start shouting step down.
        And its not your fault you just need more experience, thatsa the only way you will learn to make good decisions, if your ever on at the same time as Katanama try to join his squads and just look at what he does. Ive found him to be the best SL at TG (dont flame its my opinion) If you watch him for a bit you might learn something.
        |TG-XV|CryWolf

Thanks for the sig Bandaid (look at how well made my avatar is!)

Comment

Do as already said, most people that have been my squads on a bad day will know what they mean, I think I am starting to get the hang of it but then again...blah

lebox there is a TGU course on the 20th if you are interested.

Basic Squad Leader

I can also join your squad and give you some feedback/advise while playing if you are interested.
          If people are becoming so bored when playing that they have to resort to this immature behaviour I will give them something to do, call it a project. The project is "appeal a ban". - Wicks

Comment

Originally posted by xxlebox View Post
            Does this mean that when I'm new to squadleading, I probably shouldn't be trying either? I've been trying for a couple of times now, and I seem to be improving micro-step by micro-step, but I also notice squad members usually don't have as much fun, as when compared to being in a squad that's really succesful.

Do we have any squadleading crash courses? I love the idea of squad leading, and I know all the basics etc., but for some reason, I always seem to get me and my squad surrounded and being blown to bits. Even if we're well in friendly territory. :P

I have to say though, I often get angry at myself for sucking at something.
            Look here: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/tactica...june-20th.html

also try to join other good squadleaders (they are well known), when you join tell them that you want to learn, also you can ask them questions; its like training to fly a chopper, it takes a time.

and dont give up with squadleading, thats sometimes the most intense gaming, and sometimes you have a bad day, that happens.

you can find tips here: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...ns-discussion/

| | | |

Comment

uh, just wondering, since i know people who don't know that they're angry when they're in fact really angry-do i have a bad temper when i sl?

Comment

Originally posted by Mix0lydian View Post
                uh, just wondering, since i know people who don't know that they're angry when they're in fact really angry-do i have a bad temper when i sl?
                You're the angriest squad leader I've ever seen. You once chewed an innocent guy's head off because he forgot to to tie his shoe laces at the beginning of the round.

No, I love you Mix. You are quite the mellow, laid back squad leader.

Comment

Originally posted by xxlebox View Post
                  Does this mean that when I'm new to squadleading, I probably shouldn't be trying either? .... I have to say though, I often get angry at myself for sucking at something.
                  Keep trying, it is the only way to learn. We all have off days, we all have brilliant days. Heck I have off days being an Squad Member, or just off days, actually.

So, onto Anger and some manifestations. Pardons for the length or waxing lyrical, if you think it there.

It is not easy being an SL when things go wrong a little. Your guys get killed again in some situation, people drop out, you sit in a boring place, your heads not on right, the team is malfunctioning; plenty to get you feeling down beat, and you have 5 others to look out for too.

I follow this principal:

1. Calm.
                  2. Approachable.
                  3. Situational awareness.

If you are all of the above the others will notice your affable personality and not think they are in boot camp. It will allow individual expression and teamwork. They will also observe that you are observant and have confidence. They will respond likewise.

Things I do wrong. It is good to note, all are related to anger inside myself:

1. Gripe.
                  2. Seem/become non-plussed.
                  3. Loose insight in my first principles of SLing.

In the end, we are here to have fun. Also, it is a game and I like to liken it to a game of chess. It has many levels. The basics begin at the squad level and how they function (and so yourself, though I wil be first to admit I am not 100% at this, I'm only human. If I was 100% I'd be God, and heck I'd make myself an ultrauberbabe before playing this game. Being human - still searching :P). Squads all out will have a roaring time, by adding little pressures. You can throw (and overthrow) the enemy by switching tactics while their heads are in another mode, as you have kept them in it for the past 2 hours, for example.

Anger, huh. Well yes met a few angry SL’s here, as people elsewhere. I guess if I get angry I tend to loose heart. In a PR sense: but that is one day, one game. Have faith in yourself and that you are a good SL. And have faith in the players about you.

It is dis-heartening if an SL believes this is some kind of boot camp; that the intensity of leading, via some angry authoritarian tone, is correct. The best I have seen are approachable. And that goes for all players/people in all respects. I guess, respect is an apt word, for yourself via the way you treat others.

What is also dis-heartening is the fact that there seems to be alot of Anger going over team talk at the moment - alot of people throwing their assumed weight or assumed hierarchical position, about.

This does not bode well just as much as it does not bode well for me when I do it or think I am correct (and stuff the others because I know best blah blah). I say the last recognising I can do the same, too. Anger, eh.

Funny old world innit

Comment

Originally posted by Axis_Sniper View Post
                    You're the angriest squad leader I've ever seen. You once chewed an innocent guy's head off because he forgot to to tie his shoe laces at the beginning of the round.

No, I love you Mix. You are quite the mellow, laid back squad leader.
                    i actually believed you as i was reading your first sentence lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Mix0lydian View Post
                      i actually believed you as i was reading your first sentence lol.
                      That was my secret plan all along. ;) But to seriously answer your question, I don't think I've seen you get angry while under your command. Should I be worried though?

Off-topic: You're from Jersey? What county, my man?

Comment

If you're a squadleader and your squadmembers don't follow orders or grab special kits when you told them not to, etc...every squadleader would get angry. I try to be nice to ppl when I'm squadleading but now I just kick ppl from my squad if they don't follow orders.

Comment

Seen alot of angry squad leaders in my time, and i sympathies with them. Its very anoying when squad members ignore you repeatedly.

I dont SL too much and it usually happens by arse bandits who make a squad, wait for someone to join, then quit and rejoin. I allways instantly lock the squad and kick that fecker. When you ask them why they did it they allways say,"Uuuuhhhh....i didnt want to squad lead". ???????????????????????????????????? )(*(*^&^%$&^(^&**(&(**()_)_()__*********"&^"ŁT*&

See im angry now just talking about it. Can ye make a TG rule that prevents people from making squads and tricking poor sods into SL'ing?
                          Nihility

Comment

I'm trying to be squadleader more and more these days. And as long as you have good game everything is cool, but I did have some bad moments myself when squad members didn't do basic things, weren't listening. I was quite frustrated but kept my cool.
                            Now everytime I squad lead I tell my squad basic things, like if we don't have a rally I tell them to open their menu and disselect their spawnpoint.

Most of the time squadmates are like : ''We aren't noobs, we know that''
                            And I tell them its just experience that told me to do so. If you don't have known players in your squad, try to explain them EVERYTHING and make sure they understand.

Do not take for granted that players know everything you know, and have such knowledge, lead them, because at the end that's your job, and I'm sure you'll have fun at it.

Comment

Angry squad leading is one of my favorite past times though.

Good advice, my judgment is always impaired when Im pissed.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X