X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PR Golden Squad Competition

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f285...ml#post1048383
    Originally posted by [R-DEV]Matrox
    Ever wanted to know who the top six players in the community are?

Ever seen you and your mates in the top squad at the end of the round, and wondered if anyone else out there is better?

Now is the time to prove it...

The community Events team wants to search through the Project Reality community to find it's best squad.

So long as you have 5 mates, you can enter this competition, no matter which clan you are from, which community your from, or even if you work for the team. So long as you know how to play the mod, jump in the competition,

Clans and communities can put in more than one squad, so long as you agree to not work together. Sign up's will open sometime next week with detailed rules. In the meantime, find 5 of your mates, create a team/squad name, if you have the time a graphic as well, and get practising!

The prize is still in the pipeline, but the possibility of having golden tags to put in your sig is being looked at, not to mention the bragging rights that go with it! Other awards will also be avaliable, such as the "Chuck Norris Player of the competition", "Marksman award" and the coveted "Gladiator" award.

Once we have an idea of numbers we will post up more information in terms of structure, and a provisional team-table.

Happy Gaming!

The Community Events Team.
    Assuming I can find 5 people who actually want to game with me, I'm in. I'd love to see a bunch of teams from TG represent.

Re: PR Golden Squad Competition

Oh wow...I can finally show off all my X-Fire Screenshots of all my top squads:p.
    "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

sounds challenging ;D
      so, will the squads play against eachother? or does the squad with the best posing win?
      |TGXV|STeaLthBananaaa

sigpic

We snipe the TG way

Comment

From what I understand, this will be a knockout tournament in which squads of 6 will compete against each other. So teams should bring their best shooters, not their best FB spammers and point whores.

Comment

And also the best reviver's, I will check it out, it looks interesting, and I would love to see it played out on skirmish maps.
          Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
          Level II Volunteer FireFighter
          Level I HazMat Technician
          NYS EMT-B
          Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
          RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
          Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
          Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
          We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

I would think they would wait until the next update and the changes to the Medic system before they have this competition.

Comment

That's what I am kind of hoping for also pancho, it would be a great incentive as well.......I will have to click the link and keep up to date with it in the meantime.
              Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
              Level II Volunteer FireFighter
              Level I HazMat Technician
              NYS EMT-B
              Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
              RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
              Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
              Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
              We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Here's some more info on the competition:

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f285...ml#post1048553
                Originally posted by [R-DEV]Matrox View Post
                I'm hoping sign ups will be before the patch release, and then we will wait until the patch before we start the competition.

Number of factors for this, including:

*New changes to things like the medic system provide a fresh new game play style which means it "evens the playing field" in terms of tactics across all the squads.

*We don't know if we are going to get 5, 10, or 15 squads signing up for this competition, and we can only do the major organisation and infrastructure planning when we have an idea of numbers.

*Some of the Devs/Testers/Cons/Tec's may want to play, and it would be easier for them to join in after the patch is released, when there is more time available to them.

Comment

excellent....world domination here we come! uhh I mean, lots of fun times! hehehe

Comment

Sounds like an interesting idea.

excellent....world domination here we come! uhh I mean, lots of fun times! hehehe
                    Lol

I'd vote you in for suprime leader of the world :D

Comment

Im in if I rank high enough a shooter to represent TG....or are we doing IHS teams?

Comment

TG should have an "all star" squad led by the community's best SL and made up of the best infantry players. methinks actual tactics will be used this tournament, whereas none are used in pub play...

Comment

How do you find the best players, make a vote? I guess we could pick likey candidates by making a thread for suggestions, like Cougar, MixOlydian, Lion, Wickens, CC, D1sp0 etc etc and let the community vote? Or does that work?

Comment

This is just my wishful thinking, but I would love to see this tournament play out in a very specific way.

1. Each squad must be kitted out in the same way. Preferably as follows, to ensure that every squad has an equitable mix of weapons to utilize.
                            • Squad Leader
                            • Rifleman Iron Sights
                            • Medic
                            • Automatic Rifleman
                            • Grenadier
                            • Marksman

2. No additional weapons / ammo can be brought on to the field. No kits can be requested during the match, and no one can pickup either enemy or allied kits. This means that if the medic is killed, he cannot be revived by another squad member, making him an especially important target.

3. There should be multiple battlefields on which this event takes place, preferably with environmental themes: i.e. Urban, Rural, Arboreal, Desert, Mountain, Maritime. Each battlefield should be approximately 200-250 square metres, to afford an area that is big enough to utilize weapons like the Grenadier and Marksman effectively, but small enough to ensure that the competitors don't spend too long looking for each other.

Again, this is just me thinking out loud about how I would run this tournament if it was up to me.

DJ

Comment

At this point, I think we should focus on how we want TG to be represented in the tournament. I'd like to see us field a lot of teams, but that doesn't preclude us from sending a team (or multiple teams) composed of our top players. There's a lot of ways we could organize this, but I don't think we should micromanage it too much. In any case, I'm sure we'll have plenty of time to get ready.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X