Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    NYS EMT-B
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Re: Part of me is seriously tempted to try/do this

just looked that up, and it celeron 2 seems to be a cheap version of a Pentium 3. my P4 2.8 GHz struggles with PR (can't really play static heavy maps like Muttrah, Fallujah, Ramiel) so I think a Celeron 2 2.1 GHz would only manage the most basic levels

Comment

Wait a sec. Are you saying that you were just recently UPGRADED to a celeron 2???? What were you using before, stone tablets?? Tell your boss to spend some money in the company! Upgrading workstations will definetly increase production. Hell Im one of the IT guys where I work and I am running a Dell precision T3400 with an E8500 in it! And my company is around 200 ppl.

Comment

Don't say I didn't warn you. Watch until the end. ;)
          http://www.xtranormal.com/watch?e=20090613214420943

Upgraded to a Celeron 2? ^^What Shawn said.

Comment

Yeah, the Celeron 2 isn't gonna play PR. It isn't gonna play vBF2. It may run Quake, but you will probably just want to stick to Minesweeper.

I also had a P4 2.8 and had to run BF2/PR in all minimal settings, it was slow as hell, and this was back in 0.6.
            |TG-6th|Belhade
            "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

I didnt bother with intel before they did dual core but I have played bf2 on a 1Ghz athlon

I accidentally set it to 1ghz instead of 2.5ghz and didnt notice for the entire game until about 8 vehicles were on screen.
              It is about polygons that trouble the cpu apparently, I guess pr has more of them but you might be able squeeze past still

The problem with celerons is the lack of cache if I remember right. Its like a brainy kid with amnesia, its not much use if you have to wait for it to go to the library to process anything complicated

Right now Im using a nvidia 6800. I think their on the 10000 series now so its like 4 generations old. Its the great grand pappy of graphics cards but it can play pr still most of the time.
              I had to turn everything down and it still goes to 4 fps in smoke sometimes but mostly it stays above 30 and pr is surprisingly still playable though I look forward to high res again

I think your antique might be usable except 9800 is definitely old. Nvidia has reused that model number now its so old, they didnt think anyone had one still :p
              (It was a good card though)

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X