Low FPS be gone.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low FPS be gone.

Socomseal just sent me this cool program, which increases performance by freeing up processing power on your PC, by closing all the background programs you dont even know about or possibly use

http://majorgeeks.com/Game_Booster_d6148.html

Re: Low FPS be gone.

That's pretty helpful if you still run a PII. Any processor from the last 5 years shouldn't have a problem with background processes during an FPS unless you are running really bad software.
    |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

the IOBIT stuff is hit or miss, i'm not really a huge fan, but that's just me. Check out Process Explorer, it shows you what is running etc, Bamboo suggested it to me a while back and I will say that it along with crap cleaner, ccleaner.com and defraggler are 3 programs that help clear up unwanted space and gives you an in depth look at what exactly is running etc.
      Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
      Level II Volunteer FireFighter
      Level I HazMat Technician
      NYS EMT-B
      Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
      RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
      Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
      Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
      We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
        the IOBIT stuff is hit or miss, i'm not really a huge fan, but that's just me. Check out Process Explorer, it shows you what is running etc, Bamboo suggested it to me a while back and I will say that it along with crap cleaner, ccleaner.com and defraggler are 3 programs that help clear up unwanted space and gives you an in depth look at what exactly is running etc.
        Defraggler is the SLOWEST defragger ever...

Comment

I have defraggler.
          In my opinion it's quite fast, I cleared out about 12gig of fragments within 10 mins.

sigpic

Comment

Then again, it's my laptop. A core 2 Duo.....

Comment

enditall is another util to close unneeded programs. You can protect anything extra you want to stay open

jkdefrag is the quickest defrag I know of by just trying to put the easiest stuff in place first instead of the usual method of rearranging 40000 files precisely

Most cpu will cope but all the programs closed wont use memory either and this means less lag

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

My computer doesn't like it, I turned it on and PR lagged like hell (I have a 4 yr old comp, that is, I bought it 4 years ago). But uninstalling it and not using it seems to have fixed a bit some how.
                I also find defragging (I have defraggler) every month or so a good thing to do. And deleting unnecessary BR files.

sigpic

Comment

I downloaded this a few weeks ago. I do see a difference...for the better.
                  sigpic
                  I'm Back.

Comment

If you take, xFire videos, delete them. A 3:00 minute video can amount to over 1 gig of data.

Comment

Oddly enough, I just heard Paul Thurrott plug Game Booster on his Windows Weekly show, and remembered that I saw it here! Maybe I'll give it a try...
                      |TG-6th|Belhade
                      "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

I've actually been looking for something simple and just for this. Most are not free. Has it worked for you well? I will install and test soon.
                        |TG-Irr| JWG

Battlefield 2 - Project Reality

Comment

Originally posted by Fighter View Post
                          Then again, it's my laptop. A core 2 Duo.....
                          Hehe...you use a laptop too? How's that cooling working out for ya in the summer?
                          "It's called a randomizer, and it's fitted to the guidance systems and operates under a very complex scientific principle called pot luck."

Comment

Well I installed it and was going to test it, but only got about 10-15 minutes of gameplay before I got a call and had to jet. So, it's going to take another more time-allowed gaming session for me to see if it helped the FPS/Lag enough to notice.

Anyone else who used it, can you weigh in on your experience with using it?
                            |TG-Irr| JWG

Battlefield 2 - Project Reality

Comment

It certainly helped me to a noticeable extent, but it isn't a dramatic 'The Savior Has Come!' effect.

Worth using, though, and I definitely will be using it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X