Rules clarification

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rules clarification

We wanted to make a quick clarification on the base camping rules.

When a team's last flag is in play, the opposing team may fire into the main base of their enemy.

Example: On Fools Road, when the Village flag is in play, the militia may fire across the river into the Russian main base without penalty. The opposite holds true as well, so the Russians may fire into the Chechen main when the last flag for the Chechen team is in play.

This post is to remove any confusion or contradictions over the understanding of the rules. The rules post has been amended to provide clarification as well.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Re: Rules clarification

I thought it was pretty clear, but this is a good refresher!

Comment

Flags with red rings and a cross through them(Russian main on kozelsk) are not to be attacked by conventional(non-insurgent) forces in any event.
      |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

QUERY!

If you are setting up a squad ready to move onto lets say for example russian main on Fools Road and you're just north of the bridge, if you start taking fire. Can you then return the fire?

I've never had a clear answer on this so generally I drop back out of range with smoke but I just wanted to know for clarification

Comment

Originally posted by PR Rules
          5-4. Units firing out of the main onto enemy forces may receive return fire, otherwise you are not to fire into the enemy main base to spawn kill.
          http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...need-know.html
          |TG-31st|Slayer816

A severed foot is the ultimate stocking stuffer.

| |

Comment

Keep in mind it is your responsibility to identify which targets are firing on you and only return fire onto those units. Falling back may be wiser than trying to identify who is firing on you in some cases.
            |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Yeah, that's where I was confused Namebot as alot of the time you see bullets and around 10 people looking at you.. what if one of them isn't shooting? xD

Comment

Originally posted by Namebot View Post
                Flags with red rings and a cross through them(Russian main on kozelsk) are not to be attacked by conventional(non-insurgent) forces in any event.
                Excellent point.

On maps where the main is an uncap, you may not engage targets there no matter what. A couple of examples (but not limited to): the Russian main on Kozelsk or either main on Sunset City.

Comment

I wasn't sure about Fool's road, I got my squad away from their main even when there was a flag on the actual island. Thanks for clearing it out

Comment

Originally posted by d1sp0sabl3H3r0 View Post
                    Excellent point.

On maps where the main is an uncap, you may not engage targets there no matter what. A couple of examples (but not limited to): the Russian main on Kozelsk or either main on Sunset City.

What about if a vehicle flees but stays in sight of his enemies all the way back to a red circle main, must the attackers disengage at the base limits

Also ambushes near a red circle main. My personal judgement would be to avoid any attack within sight or obviously too close to a main.

Kozelsk is quite susceptible to this I reckon

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger View Post
                      What about if a vehicle flees but stays in sight of his enemies all the way back to a red circle main, must the attackers disengage at the base limits

Also ambushes near a red circle main. My personal judgement would be to avoid any attack within sight or obviously too close to a main.

Kozelsk is quite susceptible to this I reckon
                      The rules regarding attacks on the main are the same, we just wanted to clarify the rule with regard to when the last flag of a team is in play and their main is not an uncap.

Comment

Thank you. I'm been confused by this quite a bit. The only time I've done this without question is on Qwai when attacking US main.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger View Post
                          I 've asked myself the same question.

In a chopper fight when one of the choppers disengages and returns to his main, are you allowed to follow him and finish him off even when he reaches the helipad or should you stop the chase even when he 's about to go down? Same for jets...
                          Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost Dog View Post
                            I 've asked myself the same question.

In a chopper fight when one of the choppers disengages and returns to his main, are you allowed to follow him and finish him off even when he reaches the helipad or should you stop the chase even when he 's about to go down? Same for jets...
                            I've highlighted the relevant portion:

5. Basecamping

Main bases: A main base is defined as a flag where the opponent has their only permanent spawn point (this includes a mosque spawn point on insurgency maps - this is a clarification of the rule).
                            UCB: The opponents main base which cannot be captured.

The rules regarding main bases/UCB are as follows:
                            1. Insurgents can attack enemy main at any time using whatever tactics they want as this is a real-life tactic. Remaining rules do not apply to insurgents only.
                            2. BluFor forces may not fire into a mosque area with a permanent spawn point, ever, as this mirrors real-life ROE. Camping outside a mosque spawn point for the purpose of racking up easy kills is also prohibited. (clarification added 11-23-2008)
                            3. Main flag is completely off limits to enemy soldiers unless flag is in play. This includes spec ops and sapper squads. If the main is neutral, the attacking force does not have to withdraw and may stay to defend the flag.
                            4. Units firing out of the main onto enemy forces may receive return fire, otherwise you are not to fire into the enemy main base to spawn kill.
                            5. Destroying/sabotaging vehicles inside the main is prohibited. This includes but is not limited to placing mines or C4 onto vehicles or near them to prevent them from being used or destroying them.
                            6. Access directly out of the main may not be blocked or impeded by mines, c4, or other means.
                            7. Bridges and other means of departing the area around the main may be attacked and is not considered base camping.
                            8. Aircraft returning to their main airfield may be engaged until they've landed.
                            9. Once a team's last flag is in play and can be captured the enemy main base may be attacked. Added 6/13/2009

The enemy command post (CP) may not be destroyed any more, so there is no reason to attack the enemy main or attempt to sabotage the CP.

5a. Basecamping - destruction of area attack

Destruction of enemy artillery pieces used for area attacks is not allowed. This is an exploit of the map and is not a valid attack.

Comment

Well, that kinda says it doesnt it? :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed