Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurgent strike

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f150...-released.html

Has anyone tried it yet? Is there any servers up for it? I'm going to download it but wondering if its any good.

Re: Insurgent strike

I'm probably not going to try it, but I was utterly appalled and disgusted by the way the PR community treated the new mod. It was utterly unacceptable.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighter View Post
      I'm probably not going to try it, but I was utterly appalled and disgusted by the way the PR community treated the new mod. It was utterly unacceptable.
      What way did people treat it fighter? I only heard of this mod from seeing this post earlyer.
      I downloaded it straight away and installed.

To be honest i wasnt to impressed. Its still in very early days but its just to arcady for me. Its like blending the best of vanilla with the best of PR. Which is good fun on single player for a little bit. I could see this loseing all tactical eliments when on a public server.

The weapon damage is too realistic for the fact u can spawn with allmost anything, one man tanks, take repeated anti tank rounds when in said tank.....

Still though i wont write it off, and will get .12 when that comes out. Who knows, this could get a whole lot better.

Now why isnt anyone playing CAS?
      Nihility

Comment

From what I can recall, some dev for Insurgent Strike completely ripped on PR, claiming their mod was far more realistic and fun and that PR had no players and sucked in every way, and then said that he hadn't even played it for several releases because it was too large and sucky. That is what pissed off the PR community.
        Waldo II

Comment

not good at all.. im not going to try that either..
          If you show your head then your dead....

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Waldo_II View Post
              From what I can recall, some dev for Insurgent Strike completely ripped on PR, claiming their mod was far more realistic and fun and that PR had no players and sucked in every way, and then said that he hadn't even played it for several releases because it was too large and sucky. That is what pissed off the PR community.
              But its made by black sand studios and hosted on realitymod.com.....why would they take the piss outa themselves?

And some of the weapons and sounds are clearly from PR also.

EDIT: Anyone who thinks its realistic needs to have an umbrella opened inside their arse.
              Nihility

Comment

Grubs can turn into butterflies.

Give them a chance. Let their vision grow, take its course. Even if it doesn't work out, I can't think of knocking them. I actually think it could make something gameplay insurgent that is based on realism, very well.

Kudos to them to try and create something. I would have to do something that does not involve computers just to begin to create something like writing a story or a book, or something.

So fair play to them.

I'm all for it!

<love the cartoon hehehe>

Comment

they are aiming for realism, yet they offer some downloadable desktop wallpapers and one of them is titled "insurgent hind" oh lord..
                  ...for me its mainly a copy of PR,... i think they should join PR and help here instead of making a own "light PR version"... but never mind my statment
                  I retract my statement, this isn't what I'm looking for at all.

Tiny View distances, EA models everyhwere, 2d sights, spawnable unlimted snipers who are simply point and click, c4 that is some kind of 4th July firework, 1maned vehicles without zooms or ammo types, EA skins, EA SA80, EA Challenger 2 (a heresy, sorry) Looking at the british skins/model I can't actaully say anything good, The maps themselves could be fun, but they are so hampered by the view distance there really isn't much point. If you took the maps and added more details they would make lovely additions to PR (yes I know u aren't trying to be PR, but mapping can be good or bad, and I'm putting this in the 'not good' category regardless of PR), but in their current state they are bland, especially with teh lack of enterable statics.

The only thing that really interested me were a couple of the sounds, and the fact the Iraqi army Vs insurgent was featured. all the rest was just vbf2 with new maps, a couple of differnet weapons (some of which look bad, e.g. Brit sniper) and a couple of different sounds. It could have been the happy medium between vbf2 and PR...but I think I won't be touching this version again. Maybe next version. Alot of people will enjoy this mod, but not me.

EDIT, I did like that a start menu comes up when you start the mod (before BF2 loads) with links to updated versions etc. That was a nice touch.

lol, the insurgent strike homepage is such a cheap ripoff from insmod.net ... if the mod is anywhere near the quality of this page its not worth downloading.
                  Now imagine if that were a mod you made?
                  I think it was utterly disgusting.

Comment

Fighter: yes, a very small amount of comments in that thread were rude towards the IS devs. However, those IS devs are releasing a game (which, as waldo said, they claim to be far better than PR) to a group of gamers who enjoy teamwork and more realistic fighting. Most of those quotes you posted (especially the lenghty one) were perfectly valid statements regarding the mod. I admit, the tone of those posts was rude and the last of your 4 quotes was uncalled for.

As others have said, it's better just to wait and see how the mod turns out.

Comment

The lengthy one was mainly constructive criticism but the IS Dev seemed to act like it was a nuke.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X