Question..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question..

Ok.. I can get BF2 with all the expansions (I know I don't need them here) for $16

I was now wondering if it's worth buying it.. (just for PR) or are all of you gonna go & buy ArmAII or play AA3 (when they fix it up).

So basically.. are PR gonna live? (I've heard there a new patch coming tomorrow.. right?)
    "I'm gonna put your head through a wall, any wall, you can pick the wall, but it's gonna be a wall" - Luke Danes aka. Scott Patterson

| |

Re: Question..

New patch .86 Tomorrow ur right. PR looks amazing to me specially if you have SM since the server is usually full then i look at it.
    AA3 -> awesome but they really need to fix it soon.
    Arma II -> never played Arma before so idk.

I think PR will live for a while since now on.

Comment

oh here you might find this usefull
      http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...d-assault.html

Comment

get it! at $16 thats a bargain then you can play one of TG's greatest games!
        PR is in no way going to die any time soon!

Comment

Originally posted by HenkeTheMonkey View Post
          Ok.. I can get BF2 with all the expansions (I know I don't need them here) for $16

I was now wondering if it's worth buying it.. (just for PR) or are all of you gonna go & buy ArmAII or play AA3 (when they fix it up).

So basically.. are PR gonna live? (I've heard there a new patch coming tomorrow.. right?)
          I would highly recommend getting it and downloading PR. .86 shoud be great and the game play here is second to none.
          sigpic

Comment

PR is going to be as popular as it is now at least until PR2 comes out, and even then, probably will remain quite popular, given it'll be more combined arms-based than we're being led to believe early PR2 versions will be.

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Well guys.. you've convinced me.. I'm going to get it this sunday or monday..

Thanks..
              "I'm gonna put your head through a wall, any wall, you can pick the wall, but it's gonna be a wall" - Luke Danes aka. Scott Patterson

| |

Comment

You definitely need a microphone to be able to play well, too. I'd recommend getting one if you don't already have one.

Comment

I'm fairly certain you don't actually need any of the BF2 expansions to take advantage of any of the features in Project Reality(though many are similar to certain features in various expansions). Buying only BF2 should suffice.

Oh and yeah, I certainly hope PR will live on - likely it will. I don't see why ARMA 2 should steal all that many players from PR when ARMA 1 hasn't. Frankly though the games appear to be striving for the same goals(realism), I believe they attempt to achieve those goals using very different methods, so that you basically have two fairly unique games.

- having fun on the battlefield, the "TG way"

'Not How Many But Where'

Comment

Originally posted by Startrekern View Post
                    You definitely need a microphone to be able to play well, too. I'd recommend getting one if you don't already have one.
                    I got a mic.. I come from BF2142 so get the general idea of PR.
                    But have to get used to it.

Originally posted by Camlost View Post
                    I'm fairly certain you don't actually need any of the BF2 expansions to take advantage of any of the features in Project Reality(though many are similar to certain features in various expansions). Buying only BF2 should suffice.

Oh and yeah, I certainly hope PR will live on - likely it will. I don't see why ARMA 2 should steal all that many players from PR when ARMA 1 hasn't. Frankly though the games appear to be striving for the same goals(realism), I believe they attempt to achieve those goals using very different methods, so that you basically have two fairly unique games.
                    Well.. don't think I can choose.. so I "have" to buy the package.. but hey it's only $16.
                    Ok.. that was what I was worried about.. the gameplay sounds very similar.
                    I'm looking forward get this now..

See you soon then :)

| |

Comment

I think the game play in 2142 and PR are quite different, as long as you are on the TG server.
                      sigpic

Comment

When you play PR, bring lots of coke. You will have a lot less "action time" than 2142, but the firefights you do have are epic.
                        Waldo II

Comment

You will have A LOT LESS action in PR, meaning there can be long lulls in the fighting.

But when the fighting starts, it gets pretty epic.

Comment

PR will be around still, it's free and fun. We got ARMA2 and OFP2 coming up so some may migrate and they may not, we will see. But PR has such a big group following it so it will go on whatever happens i'm guessing.

You have to realise PR is a realistic shooter, while BF2142 is a fast-paced shooter, so they are quite different but both are great! Especially at TG. :)

Comment

Well.. I've bought the game now.. I just need to go 'n get it.. :)

My quiestion are now.

Do I need other patches besides the 0.86 patch?
                              If I do.. who are they? & can someone please direct me in the direction?

If not I know where to get the 0.86 patch ;)

Cheers..

| |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X