Comment

Re: PR 086 Torrent

Originally posted by Fighter View Post
      I'll say what I said on the pr website:

wtf?
      totaly agree

Comment

"[11:24] <@AncientMan> please keep the torrent's to IRC until the official release
        [11:24] <@AncientMan> please keep the torrent's to IRC until the official release"

lulz

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

Rly, is there any reason the torrent can be posted here? I'm downloading, but why not post the torrent link? Can I?

Nevermind, I've noticed the excercise in futility: "please keep the torrent's to IRC until the official release"

WTF LOL! "It's the internet,stupid"!

Comment

The torrent link was posted on the realitymod.com website. Some guy named OriginalWarrior leaked it.

Comment

It's already been posted in another thread Al, I wouldn't worry.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by ACOGRecon View Post
                It's already been posted in another thread Al, I wouldn't worry.
                Haha these PR guys are some nostalgic bastards :)!

Comment

Ok. I got the patch down'ed and now seeding, also down'ing the core and levels files to seed.

Please, anyone else who is downloading these torrents, keep them open to seed for everyone else! I usually keep them seeding for a few days after release.
                  |TG-6th|Belhade
                  "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

Just a word of advice.....in .86 when you hear an AR kit firing and it's not in your squad....seek cover. ;)

Comment

For all of you torrent newbies, here is the number one "Rule of not being a major-league douche" for torrenting:

Seed for at LEAST as much as you downloaded.
                      Give back at LEAST what you take, then you pull your own weight. Doing just that doesn't help anyone either. Giving more than you took is the #1 way to be cool.
                      Waldo II

Comment

Originally posted by LeadMagnet View Post
                        Just a word of advice.....in .86 when you hear an AR kit firing and it's not in your squad....seek cover. ;)
                        Bahh. AR was already my favourite kit. Now that they've been improved, I'm sure there'll be a lot more competition for them and I won't get to dakka dakka the enemy as often :(

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Originally posted by Waldo_II View Post
                          For all of you torrent newbies, here is the number one "Rule of not being a major-league douche" for torrenting:

Give back at LEAST what you take, then you pull your own weight. Doing just that doesn't help anyone either. Giving more than you took is the #1 way to be cool.
                          I seedz overnight. Cuz I don't want 500 ping. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Waldo_II View Post
                            Depends, sometimes when you're tail-end-charlie on a torrent you're not going to get 100% because there's not enough people behind you to push it that far. With that said on most torrents I pull down I default to 125% or 10 days, whichever is met first. If I don't hit 125% in 10 days chances are there isn't enough demand for me to be seeding that torrent and time to free up the bandwidth for something else.

Of course I've been seeding PR0.85 since I downloaded it about 2-3 weeks ago. Turned off all limits. I just put it at the bottom of my queue so when me other torrents are finished I go back to seeding PR. The irony here is my machine has spent more time seeding PR than I have spent playing it. *sigh*

Originally posted by Fighter View Post
                            I seedz overnight. Cuz I don't want 500 ping. :D
                            Nab a torrent client that limits bandwidth. Presuming you're using Windows as your torrent platform uTorrent, Vuze and Deluge all limit bandwidth. My torrent platform is Linux (my 24/7 router box also hosts my torrent client) and there KTorrent, Vuze and Deluge will all limit bandwidth. In fact I think all four also have schedulers so you can have the client ramp up its speed when you know you're not going to be using your connection.
                            "...the rules aren't there to enumerate what is always correct but what is always wrong..."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X